Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 19, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #2,672 of 3,671
It's unlikely. The battery Sennheiser listed on the datasheet is merely 600mAh. 4 hours should be more than enough to handle the 600mAh by trusting the iPhone charger's 1A output rating. I just want to know how the LED would act when the battery is fully charged. Should it be a solid blue or a flashing blue?

Interesting, I could have sworn it was in the 2000mAh range.

Feb 19, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #2,673 of 3,671
How long did it take for fully charging it? And what type of charger did you use?

It's an Anker 40 Watt 5 Port w/ 5 Volt 8.0 Amp output. From fully discharged to fully charged is about 3 HRS. 

Update: Correction 5 volt not 5 watt.

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #2,677 of 3,671
It's unlikely. The battery Sennheiser listed on the datasheet is merely 600mAh. 4 hours should be more than enough to handle the 600mAh by trusting the iPhone charger's 1A output rating. I just want to know how the LED would act when the battery is fully charged. Should it be a solid blue or a flashing blue?

It flashes once every 5 minutes when fully charged. If you still get solid blue after trying again, try discharging the headphones to totally empty, then recharge to totally full... It might just be miscalibrating itself.....

I use my iPod charger (both old and new) to charge mine, and they charge just fine.

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #2,678 of 3,671

It flashes once every 5 minutes when fully charged. If you still get solid blue after trying again, try discharging the headphones to totally empty, then recharge to totally full... It might just be miscalibrating itself.....

I use my iPod charger (both old and new) to charge mine, and they charge just fine.

Thanks! I'll try it. So the light should stay off and flashes once every 5 minutes, correct?

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #2,680 of 3,671
So I got these two days ago and they are superb so far but I am very disappointed at how weak the noise cancellation feature is? I actually got them the day I was due to travel and it didn't really drown out the engine noise. Even on my way to the airport I noticed how poor the noise cancellation was. Is it a feature that needs to be turned on? Am I missing something?

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #2,682 of 3,671
Hi,

I have the Momentum 2 Wireless, and I love the sound. With my 4K Samsung TV, they sound great. With my Nexus 6 phone, great. But with my Leckerton UHA-6S,MKII? They are amazing - as good as just about every pair of $1000 headphones I have ever used. Absolutely stunning sound quality.

But, for the life of me I cannot get the headphones to work with USB audio. 

I plug them via USB into a laptop, and according to the manual, the light should go out...but it stays lit, like it's charging. And if I plug them in when turned off? The connection turns them on. My Windows 10 laptop sees something, and installs drivers - but not audio drivers...they never show up in the list of playback devices.

Same thing with a Windows 7 laptop, and a Windows 7 desktop. Nothing.

Same thing with my Nexus 6 phone, which is OK because that phone supposedly doesn't do USB audio - but I thought I'd try anyway.

I have  Momentum 2, version 2, by the way. 

I have searched this thread, and find plenty of advice on how to do it, but it just doesn't work.

Any ideas? Settings on (all) my computers? USB audio driver downloads?

Kinda concerned that the manual says the light should go out - but it stays lit. Maybe they're a bad pair.

Thanks.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #2,683 of 3,671
  Hi,

I have the Momentum 2 Wireless, and I love the sound. With my 4K Samsung TV, they sound great. With my Nexus 6 phone, great. But with my Leckerton UHA-6S,MKII? They are amazing - as good as just about every pair of $1000 headphones I have ever used. Absolutely stunning sound quality.

But, for the life of me I cannot get the headphones to work with USB audio. 

I plug them via USB into a laptop, and according to the manual, the light should go out...but it stays lit, like it's charging. And if I plug them in when turned off? The connection turns them on. My Windows 10 laptop sees something, and installs drivers - but not audio drivers...they never show up in the list of playback devices.

Same thing with a Windows 7 laptop, and a Windows 7 desktop. Nothing.

Same thing with my Nexus 6 phone, which is OK because that phone supposedly doesn't do USB audio - but I thought I'd try anyway.

I have  Momentum 2, version 2, by the way. 

I have searched this thread, and find plenty of advice on how to do it, but it just doesn't work.

Any ideas? Settings on (all) my computers? USB audio driver downloads?

Kinda concerned that the manual says the light should go out - but it stays lit. Maybe they're a bad pair.

Thanks.

Glad you are enjoying them. I assume that when you are talking about the Lekerton, you are listening to them via wired mode?! Do you have NC on while listening to them with the wire?

As for USB audio, the first thing you should do is make sure any device that they would connect to via BT when turned on, is turned off. If they connect to BT it will override usb mode and that could be why you aren't hearing anything. With them powered off, the next step is to plug them into a usb port on your pc (as if you didn't know that part heh). The light will turn on when they are plugged in because they ARE charging (you can listen to them AS they charge). Once you have plugged them in, turn them on like you normally would. Instead of connecting via BT (did you make sure they are all turned off, including the pc you are connecting to?) Windows will find the drivers automatically. You may or may not have to go to choose default playback device after the driver is installed. That should be it. You should be able to use the buttons to control the media on your pc now. 

As long as it isnt able to find a BT connection, they should connect pretty easily. As for the Nexus 6, I believe you have been misled about usb audio on it. It should work just fine. As a matter of fact the M2's are the easiest to connect of any other device I have used (ie Fiio amps, and DAPs, and etc) via usb audio. You just have to follow the same procedure as you do on PC (except having to pick playback device. 

Once you get the hang of it, it is really easy. Let us know if you did/didn't get it working, I am interested in what you think. I think the usb mode is the best sounding mode of all for the M2 wireless. 

Feb 24, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #2,684 of 3,671

Glad you are enjoying them. I assume that when you are talking about the Lekerton, you are listening to them via wired mode?! Do you have NC on while listening to them with the wire?

As for USB audio, the first thing you should do is make sure any device that they would connect to via BT when turned on, is turned off. If they connect to BT it will override usb mode and that could be why you aren't hearing anything. With them powered off, the next step is to plug them into a usb port on your pc (as if you didn't know that part heh). The light will turn on when they are plugged in because they ARE charging (you can listen to them AS they charge). Once you have plugged them in, turn them on like you normally would. Instead of connecting via BT (did you make sure they are all turned off, including the pc you are connecting to?) Windows will find the drivers automatically. You may or may not have to go to choose default playback device after the driver is installed. That should be it. You should be able to use the buttons to control the media on your pc now. 

As long as it isnt able to find a BT connection, they should connect pretty easily. As for the Nexus 6, I believe you have been misled about usb audio on it. It should work just fine. As a matter of fact the M2's are the easiest to connect of any other device I have used (ie Fiio amps, and DAPs, and etc) via usb audio. You just have to follow the same procedure as you do on PC (except having to pick playback device. 

Once you get the hang of it, it is really easy. Let us know if you did/didn't get it working, I am interested in what you think. I think the usb mode is the best sounding mode of all for the M2 wireless. 

Thank you!

Thanks to you, as I write this, I am listening to the Momentums via USB audio through my laptop. And they sound excellent. 

Your instructions covered every single step, which is what was so helpful. 

Turns out, I had done everything but one step...

- I had turned off all Bluetooth devices - check

- I had turned off the Momentums - check

- I had plugged the Momentums into the laptop's USB port - check

- The Momentum's blue charging light turned on - check

At this point, my device manager saw them. There they were. But they were not in my list of playback devices. Nowhere to be found in my list of audio devices.

But then your directions said "Once you have plugged them in, turn them on like you normally would." But I thought - the light is already on! Aren't they already on? But even so, I pressed the power button and heard the voice say 'Powered On.'

Then - POW! The drivers loaded, and they appeared in my list of playback devices. 

And they sound amazing. 

Thanks again. I really appreciate it. 

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #2,685 of 3,671
  Thank you!

Thanks to you, as I write this, I am listening to the Momentums via USB audio through my laptop. And they sound excellent. 

Your instructions covered every single step, which is what was so helpful. 

Turns out, I had done everything but one step...

- I had turned off all Bluetooth devices - check

- I had turned off the Momentums - check

- I had plugged the Momentums into the laptop's USB port - check

- The Momentum's blue charging light turned on - check

At this point, my device manager saw them. There they were. But they were not in my list of playback devices. Nowhere to be found in my list of audio devices.

But then your directions said "Once you have plugged them in, turn them on like you normally would." But I thought - the light is already on! Aren't they already on? But even so, I pressed the power button and heard the voice say 'Powered On.'

Then - POW! The drivers loaded, and they appeared in my list of playback devices. 

And they sound amazing. 

Thanks again. I really appreciate it. 

Excellent! Glad to hear that YOU are hearing them... heh Did you try them out with your Nexus 6? I find that they sound just as fantastic with the android phone, but I have one problem that keeps me from listening to them that way all the time. The usb port on these phones are so small and the cable does nothing to help alleviate the stress on the jack. If you move just one little bit while plugged in to the phone, you are putting some serious stress on that jack. And, since that is the only way to charge the phone, I do not want to take the chance of over stressing it.

Until I can figure out a good way to brace that jack from stress, I believe this method is of limited value to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back