Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jan 26, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #2,626 of 3,671
Actually I found out that it was my phone that was the problem.  My REV2 was just fine.

I haven't ventured outside with my rev.'s yet. It has been cold and slippery here lately.
If I run into stuttering with these I'd like to know of any ideas to try besides un-pairing and restarting devices.
How did you find out that it was your phone vs. the momentum's?

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #2,629 of 3,671
Holy, ditch that new phone hah!

The new phone is Note 5, crapped out after OTA

I haven't ventured outside with my rev.'s yet. It has been cold and slippery here lately.
If I run into stuttering with these I'd like to know of any ideas to try besides un-pairing and restarting devices.
How did you find out that it was your phone vs. the momentum's?

You can try resetting the momentum's pairing history by entering pairing mode on the momentum then press the power and the 3 way  function button for 3 seconds until the LED flashes purple 3 times.

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #2,630 of 3,671
I got my new replacements under warranty yesterday. I am on the east coast, and yes, I  am caught in  that big snow. So, I haven't been outside since yesterday. I charged them up, after that  paired them with my Note 4.  My old M2, the cushions seemed a little softer, but that could be because they were broken in nicely.

After pairing with my Note 4, I walked around the house cleaning up, and doing a set of exercise at every stop. My way of cleaning up..:wink:  From that little bit I have found out about these new M2s, I have went up stairs and down stairs, 3 floors with the Note 4 on the middle floor,and the M2s have yet to stutter. Will take them outside tomorrow, and see what they do while outside and around electrical interference.

At this point, I am IMPRESSED with Sennheiser's customer service.When I emailed them about 6 months ago, about the stuttering, I was lectured on connection problems and all. This time when I called, (6 or 7 months later), they  just wanted a copy of my receipt, and they sent me a return label. Whole process took about 7 days.

At this point, I am quite sure these will perform just like the first pair in SQ, and that was good to me, and any connection problems should be cured. I am a happy camper.. :)

BTW, is there a BT Headphone out there better than the Senn M2AEBT, if so, tell me about it.. :)

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #2,631 of 3,671
  I'm pretty sure that the volume on these is lower than I remember.  I can easily listen to these with one or two notches below max volume over BT.  My iPhone mirrors the volume control on the head set itself.  I attached the cord today to see if they were louder and they were comparable in volume to my other low impedance headphones, very loud and borderline painful at one to two notches below max.  So I guess using these in BT active mode strips some of the volume away.  I'm quite positive that this wasn't the case with my Rev. 1's. 

Respectfully, I believe you are incorrect about the volume being worse compared to the rev 1's. I have both of them, and have listened to them a/b. Rev1 and Rev2 sound identical (to my ears). Firstly, the headphones ARE quieter in BT mode, but they don't "strip" some of the volume away. They don't use the phone's DAC, they use their own internal DAC, and so have their own volume limit built in. When in wired mode, they will play as loud as the phone will allow (relying on the output power of the phone instead of the headphones themselves). I think you will find this is probably true of almost any headphone that has both modes. An example of this: Bose AE2W does the very same thing. If you are in wired mode they will be considerably louder than while in BT mode. 

On an android phone (particularly the Note 4) you can turn up/down the volume on the phone independently of the volume on the headphones, as opposed to the headphones controlling the volume on the iphone. With that in mind, my iPhone can get quite a bit louder than my Note 4 in BT mode. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,632 of 3,671

Respectfully, I believe you are incorrect about the volume being worse compared to the rev 1's. I have both of them, and have listened to them a/b. Rev1 and Rev2 sound identical (to my ears).

Did you notice ANY difference between the two devices?

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #2,633 of 3,671
samandhi I believe you are correct and it's simply my ears that were accustomed to my other louder playing non-Bluetooth headphones.

With that said, my Sony mdr950bt's play quite a bit louder in BT mode.

The M2's are plenty loud and I rarely play them maxed out, but sometimes, on some older tracks I wish I had a few more volume increments.

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #2,635 of 3,671
@cehowardNote3
I was under the impression that you had no issues with your M2's.
You always seemed to be defending them in earlier posts.
Granted I haven't read a lot of the posts since I returned my rev.1's months ago so I may have missed some of your posts

@HotShotMedic, you are correct, I was just repeating what I heard, and since they were dishing out a revised version, I had to get on board.

Bottom line, if they didn't come out with a new improved version, I was still a happy camper.. I was getting some interference on BT when I pass heavy electrical interference, mostly red lights, but that was it. That is when I saw everybody else complaining, and even though I was okay, I wrote in about the red light interference. They lectured me on how to avoid connection problems. I left it alone. Fast forward 6 months later, they have a revise version, and I heard they were replacing the older version under warranty.  I am not a dummy, I had to get on that bandwagon!!
biggrin.gif

Yes, you are correct, I was happy camper back then when everyone was complaining and returning, and I am a happy camper now too, even happier..
Since I got your attention, tell me what BT headphones out there that are better than the M2s, if there is such an animal? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #2,636 of 3,671
  Did you notice ANY difference between the two devices?

I did not notice any difference between them. That was initially my fear because of them having to replace stuff in the electronic part of things. I assumed there was just no way to NOT change the sound somehow, but I was wrong. They do in fact sound identical to one another. As far as I can tell (not doing double blind tests) I can not tell which one is which (physically AND sound-wise). Since they never revealed what exactly was wrong with them for sure, I can only assume that they changed something about Bluetooth low power state. If they did it sure didn't effect the power consumption (these things last as long as my Rev1's).
@samandhi I believe you are correct and it's simply my ears that were accustomed to my other louder playing non-Bluetooth headphones.

With that said, my Sony mdr950bt's play quite a bit louder in BT mode.

The M2's are plenty loud and I rarely play them maxed out, but sometimes, on some older tracks I wish I had a few more volume increments.

I totally agree with you on some older tracks. On my iPhone, I think they reach levels I can live with, but on the Note 4, I find that sometimes I wish they could get a bit louder also. But all this is really moot, as I don't normally listen so loudly anyhow. I have subjected my old arse ears to too much over the years, so nowadays I try and take care of my hearing.

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #2,637 of 3,671
In my experience, when there's a bungled launch, people love to complain about updated versions. It's like they want the new hot scoop, so they invent problems. I truly believe that this "REV02 is quieter" thing is one such example.

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #2,639 of 3,671
In my experience, when there's a bungled launch, people love to complain about updated versions. It's like they want the new hot scoop, so they invent problems. I truly believe that this "REV02 is quieter" thing is one such example.

I wasn't trying to make anything up, I have been without the M2's for about 7 months and forgot their characteristics. All I remembered was that I loved the rev.1's sound, build and portability.
And without both revisions side by side it was impossible for me to make a Loud vs. Quiet determination.

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #2,640 of 3,671
I wasn't trying to make anything up, I have been without the M2's for about 7 months and forgot their characteristics. All I remembered was that I loved the rev.1's sound, build and portability.
And without both revisions side by side it was impossible for me to make a Loud vs. Quiet determination.

I didn't mean to pick on you - I've heard that claim a few times and just can't agree with it. There are a few older songs that I'd listen to that I have to have on full blast or one notch below, and that still applies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back