Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jan 19, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #2,596 of 3,671
As an update, I ran the M2 Wireless' through USB OTG and USB Audio Player Pro, and the DAC registered as 48kHz. Just in case anybody was wondering.

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #2,597 of 3,671
I genuinely bought these by mistake. Been looking at them, and then one morning they turned up. Pesky 1-click.

Used them for my commute from the sticks to Manchester Piccadilly. A slight interruption when I walked into the station on the way home. Very busy location.

Never had Bluetooth headphones etc before, so not sure what to expect. So far very good.

Not sure they sound as good as my Shure 530 but I'm no audiophile. Just like to buy stuff that lasts..I am a buy once type of guy.

Jan 19, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #2,598 of 3,671
So I am considering buying these headphones from Amazon for £315. Obviously at that price, I just wanted to make sure of a couple of things.

1. I see some people are still having issues, but is there anyone on here who hasn't had ANY issues AT ALL since the updated REV02 version came out?

2. I am looking for wireless, noise cancellation and good quality sound. Is there any other headphone out there that combines all three other than this one?

3. The original Sennheiser Momentum headphones came out at the end of 2012, and in early 2015 it was followed by the second generation including this wireless set. Am I right in assuming that it will be at least 2018 before they bring out the third generation of the momentum series?

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #2,599 of 3,671
Well they are out of stock at the moment. Got mine for 305...by mistake of 1/click...and over sunday i imagine they crept up £1 for every sale they made I think.

Everyone will have some issue..Bluetooth isn't perfect.

Can't answer the rest.

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #2,600 of 3,671
Just picked up a pair of wired M2's in ivory for the office.  Looking forward to giving them a try when they arrive Thursday.

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #2,601 of 3,671
  Hello to everyone!

I would like to ask you a favour: I am looking for the purchase of the Momentum Wireless, but I cannot figure out how big they are.

Unfortunately there are no shops around my town where I can try them on and on the reviews on youtube they appear to be huge on someones and normal on someone else.

Can someone post the external and internal measures of the ear cups?

Thank you very much in advance!

Internal Measurements (visually)

Side to Side: ~1.875"
http://i.imgur.com/N08SIXC.jpg

Up and Down: ~2.5"
http://i.imgur.com/6dLcdUF.jpg

Jan 20, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #2,602 of 3,671
I purchased another pair of the M2's on Friday from Amazon. I had the rev. 1's and experienced Bluetooth stuttering and dropouts while walking around my neighborhood (suburban area) so I returned them because it truly broke the immersion of listening on the go.
I was excited to learn that they had released a 2nd revision and watched patiently for a good deal. Amazon.ca had them for $359CA which is a steal considering how poorly our dollar is doing right now.
The next day they were back up to $499.
I hope the issues I had experienced with rev.1 are completely gone with rev.2.

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #2,603 of 3,671
I purchased another pair of the M2's on Friday from Amazon. I had the rev. 1's and experienced Bluetooth stuttering and dropouts while walking around my neighborhood (suburban area) so I returned them because it truly broke the immersion of listening on the go.
I was excited to learn that they had released a 2nd revision and watched patiently for a good deal. Amazon.ca had them for $359CA which is a steal considering how poorly our dollar is doing right now.
The next day they were back up to $499.
I hope the issues I had experienced with rev.1 are completely gone with rev.2.

Heh, looks like I had just the opposite experience.  Bought a pair on Monday at what I thought was a bargain price of $288 USD, and now they're down to $249.  C'est la vie.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #2,605 of 3,671
Are you guys talking about prices on amazon.ca? I actually have relatives coming to London from Toronto next week, given the prices you guys are talking about I am tempted to ask them to bring me the headphones. Do the prices on amazon.ca include all taxes?

Also, they seem to be very low, are you guys talking about the full over-ear headphones or on-ear?

Jan 20, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #2,606 of 3,671
Jan 21, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #2,608 of 3,671
Has any one noticed any max volume differences between their rev.1 and rev.2's?
I ask this because they do not seem as loud as I remember them being. (It's been 6months or more since I returned my rev.1 set) But this could also be because I haven't been able to demo both side by side or because I've been using my v-moda m-100's and Sony xb950bt's primarily. (These seem much louder)
It's not that I listen to anything at max volume but it seems as though I gotta pump them up a bit more than these other two sets to get it at the volume I want.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #2,610 of 3,671
So. Really like these headphones after 3 days of usage. Yet walking though Manchester Piccadilly station, I get a few seconds of interfence. Its rush hour, lots of electronics around, escalators etc..

Is this to be expected? Or perhaps related to the issues of the dodgy 1st version?

Of course who is to say it isn't my phone at fault. Over a 50 min commute a few seconds in a very busy area I guess isn't bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back