Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jan 22, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #2,612 of 3,671
I'm pretty sure that the volume on these is lower than I remember.  I can easily listen to these with one or two notches below max volume over BT.  My iPhone mirrors the volume control on the head set itself.  I attached the cord today to see if they were louder and they were comparable in volume to my other low impedance headphones, very loud and borderline painful at one to two notches below max.  So I guess using these in BT active mode strips some of the volume away.  I'm quite positive that this wasn't the case with my Rev. 1's. 

Jan 24, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #2,613 of 3,671
I purchased another pair of the M2's on Friday from Amazon. I had the rev. 1's and experienced Bluetooth stuttering and dropouts while walking around my neighborhood (suburban area) so I returned them because it truly broke the immersion of listening on the go.
I was excited to learn that they had released a 2nd revision and watched patiently for a good deal. Amazon.ca had them for $359CA which is a steal considering how poorly our dollar is doing right now.
The next day they were back up to $499.
I hope the issues I had experienced with rev.1 are completely gone with rev.2.

Heh, looks like I had just the opposite experience.  Bought a pair on Monday at what I thought was a bargain price of $288 USD, and now they're down to $249.  C'est la vie.

Where are they selling for $250?

Sent using Tapatalk

Jan 24, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #2,614 of 3,671
Where are they selling for $250?

Sent using Tapatalk

It was on Amazon.  To be clear, I'm talking about the wired version, which is what I bought.

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #2,615 of 3,671
Did anybody here have any kind of BT connectivity problems again, with the new batch of M2AEBT?
I thought all problems were solved but a guy in my Comparison thread just wrote that he recently tried two units of the new batch in a shop and they were still problematic.
I was surprised to hear that. I've left them as 2 on my list thinking they had solved the problems.

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #2,616 of 3,671
Any connectivity problems I've experienced with Rev2 have been minor and sporadic.

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #2,618 of 3,671
I'm about to get my wireless momentums replaced since there has been a revised batch. How long does it take for them to arrive and have they improved the previous issues?

If you scroll through this very thread, you'll find many answers to your question.

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #2,621 of 3,671
Apologies, went back 5-6 pages and didn't see much...

I haven't got mine back yet, but the return process seems to take about 7 days.  I notified them about the problem about 7 days ago. they sent me a mailer that day, I shipped them back the  next day..2 days  pass, and I get a tracking number, they be here tomorrow.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #2,622 of 3,671
Got to listen to mine for the first time today.  (I had them shipped to the office, since that's where I'll use them, but I've been out of the office for a week.)

First impression is that they're warm sounding, quite rolled off in the treble.  When I took them out of the box, I thought there'd be no way they would fit around my ears, but they just barely do and they're quite comfy.  That's not always easy for a headphone to manage, since I wear glasses with pretty thick plastic frames.  Noise isolation was quite good.  I worked late, and the noise from the janitorial service's vacuum cleaner was quite nicely muted.

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #2,623 of 3,671
Anyone here with REV2 having reception problems? For some reason, I am getting reception problems on my REV2. I use my galaxy note 5 with my momentum 2 wireless. Usually, I place my phone on my jacket's lower right breast pocket and when I'm using my headphone. Turning my head to the right which blocks the line of sight of my phone to the bluetooth radio on my right earcup, my music stutters and after a while my headphone would disconnect from my phone. This only happens when I'm outside btw, at home I can get get at least 10-15 without line of sight before it begins stuttering.

Where do you keep your phone? I still get some stuttering when I keep my phone in my left inner pocket (with rev02). If I move the phone to my upper right chest pocket, the stuttering goes away, except in some rare cases. If I turn my head right in a problem area, I can get stuttering also.

I never tried relocating the phone when I had the rev01's, but they were more or less unusable in the problem areas. Rev02 is not nearly as bad though they're not perfect.

This is a bit weird, I know, but I'm just reporting the facts
smily_headphones1.gif
Apparently the body is blocking the signal quite well, which I think is pretty well known since we largely consist of water. Perhaps an expert in the area can fill in. If the signal becomes weak, I guess it's more suspectible for interference with other radio frequency sources.

Björn

I just received my REV2 from Amazon.ca and I have the same problem as you.  I put my phone (Z3C) in my left pant pocket and sometimes when I'm outside and I turn my head to the right, I get stuttering. I know you said you have much better connection with other devices, but have you tried putting another phone in your pocket and turned your head to the right?

Has anyone else tested this (turning your head to the right in busy areas)?

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #2,625 of 3,671

I just received my REV2 from Amazon.ca and I have the same problem as you.  I put my phone (Z3C) in my left pant pocket and sometimes when I'm outside and I turn my head to the right, I get stuttering. I know you said you have much better connection with other devices, but have you tried putting another phone in your pocket and turned your head to the right?

Has anyone else tested this (turning your head to the right in busy areas)?

Yes - for one block in the city, at a certain time of day, about 1/3rd of the time. It's very strange. I take the same route to and from work and it occasionally stutters at this particular section in the evening, but never in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back