Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Dec 22, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #2,566 of 3,671
The Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 BT are likely the best closed cans on the market (right now) for both home listening & on the go. The BT mode sounds better than many wired cans that cost 3x as much. And I'm comparatively speaking from real world use of the Audeze LCD XC & EL-8s. Anyone reading this post...in search of the holy grail...it doesn't exist...but the Senn M2s are runner up! There are premium (copper/silver) aftermarket cords that can be had for external DAC/Amp use & HI RES players.

Agreed! If you take just one part of the headphones, I don't think that they are best, but if you take them as a whole package, I would argue that they ARE the best on the market currently. I DO hope this makes other (high end only, no Beats or Skullcandy here) manufacturers step up and make a "better" package. Then, we can ALL benefit from the competition. ​ In the past, you could have NC, and/or BT(most don't even have built in DAC that just works), but you would usually get lesser sound quality. Or, have good sound quality, but either the BT or NC suffers. I just think that these cans don't do ANYTHING perfect, but with current technology, I think they come as close as you are going to get.

Some would say that they are too expensive, but I think those people are not really seeing the whole package (what all bells and whistles it has). There are currently NO headphones that have all the features that they have (that I know of). I find them WELL worth the money.

I am just not sure that the M2 are detailed enough to make much difference by changing cables. I have tried a couple of cables (from friends), and have not personally heard any difference. Keep in mind though, I have to crank up anything above 16 KHz to +20 db (or so) to even be able to hear it.

You should be able to. If it is possible it will be on the Sennheiser website in the spare parts. The UK website is probably easier to navigate if you are having trouble finding it on the US website.

I would agree that they SHOULD be available, but I can find them NOWHERE. I can find the M1 replacement, and the M2 over ear replacement, but I have yet to see the M2, or M2 wireless replacements. Let's hope that now they have fixed the issues plaguing the wireless model, they can focus on getting those to market. ​ Though, I DO find it weird that on the parts finder page, it says to look at the manual for the part number you want, but the M2AEBT has no part numbers for ANYTHING listed in it. And also, the parts finder has 0 results for M2AEBT as the model number....

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #2,567 of 3,671
So, I just received a replacement REV02 from my country Sennheiser official representative.

First thing I noticed, not stuttering like the REV01 I had since March and the range is so much better, I can leave the room where my source is without any problem.
Second thing, the right side does a lot of "hiss", is this normal? 
My REV01 had almost no "hiss" at all. Even without any source connected it does so much static noise. The left side does no noise at all, or it's not noticeable due to the high noise the right side does.

It is even noticeable while playing music, or watching a movie in low volume.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #2,568 of 3,671
  So, I just received a replacement REV02 from my country Sennheiser official representative.

First thing I noticed, not stuttering like the REV01 I had since March and the range is so much better, I can leave the room where my source is without any problem.
My REV01 had almost no "hiss" at all. Even without any source connected it does so much static noise. The left side does no noise at all, or it's not noticeable due to the high noise the right side does.

That is not normal. Mine are almost totally black. I would contact Sennheiser tech support about that.

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #2,569 of 3,671

I would agree that they SHOULD be available, but I can find them NOWHERE. I can find the M1 replacement, and the M2 over ear replacement, but I have yet to see the M2, or M2 wireless replacements. Let's hope that now they have fixed the issues plaguing the wireless model, they can focus on getting those to market. ​ Though, I DO find it weird that on the parts finder page, it says to look at the manual for the part number you want, but the M2AEBT has no part numbers for ANYTHING listed in it. And also, the parts finder has 0 results for M2AEBT as the model number....

Did you check the UK website like I suggested? Found it first go. The US spare parts website is very clumsy and I've never found the right parts on there without part numbers which you can get from the UK website quite easily. Don't know about costs of shipping but they do ship overseas if the US website doesn't have any (the UK website listed it as "M2 AEBT" with the space in between if that helps with finding it). Had a quick look and saw stuff for the on ear model and wired models as well.

http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/wireless-headphones/momentum-m2-aebt-black

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #2,570 of 3,671
Hello, i have a question that is killing me, i bought a pair of these headphones some months ago, the sound was unbalanced, i mean, it sounded clearly more loud from one earcup, the thing is that now i got the warranty replacement, but it seems that now the bass is a bit more powerful on the right and the mids are better on the left side, even when i turn it, the voice that says "power off" is more loud from one side, it is supposed to work like that? please answer me.

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #2,571 of 3,671

Did you check the UK website like I suggested? Found it first go. The US spare parts website is very clumsy and I've never found the right parts on there without part numbers which you can get from the UK website quite easily. Don't know about costs of shipping but they do ship overseas if the US website doesn't have any (the UK website listed it as "M2 AEBT" with the space in between if that helps with finding it). Had a quick look and saw stuff for the on ear model and wired models as well.

http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/wireless-headphones/momentum-m2-aebt-black

Ahh! I apologize, I did NOT look on the UK site, AND I did not try the space either. Good find, though I don't think that Sennheiser should make is so very hard to find something so simple. LOL Well, then to the OP on the subject, there you have it.

​
  Hello, i have a question that is killing me, i bought a pair of these headphones some months ago, the sound was unbalanced, i mean, it sounded clearly more loud from one earcup, the thing is that now i got the warranty replacement, but it seems that now the bass is a bit more powerful on the right and the mids are better on the left side, even when i turn it, the voice that says "power off" is more loud from one side, it is supposed to work like that? please answer me.

Usually there is no need to post "Please answer me", as I have not seen any question not answered on here (though it may not be the exact answer you are looking for). Welcome to Head-Fi!

I would check all other potential issues before you decide it HAS to be the headphones. They are NOT supposed to do that, but it can be caused by anything from your source player, to the media, to the plug in the device, or the heaphones, to your hearing. I am not saying that it can't be the headphones, but I would run some tests to make sure it IS, because it is not very common to have gotten 2 in a row that have some imbalance in them.

Do you have this problem in both wired and wireless mode? Have you tried more than one source (IE computer, DAP, home stereo)? Have you tried listening to them via USB?

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #2,572 of 3,671

Ahh! I apologize, I did NOT look on the UK site, AND I did not try the space either. Good find, though I don't think that Sennheiser should make is so very hard to find something so simple. LOL Well, then to the OP on the subject, there you have it.

All good. I know about this because of past experience. I spent ages looking for parts for my RS220 on the Australian and US websites after it got discontinued and couldn't find anything (and I had no idea what the product codes were either). Randomly gave the UK website a go and found it through the wireless headphones link without needing to search for it. That model was even worse in terms of finding things. They had an "east" and a "west" version and I could never find it unless I specified east or west in the search box even though both models had the exact same parts with the exact same product codes.
confused.gif

Dec 26, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #2,573 of 3,671
I have tried with different sources, even using the headphones changing sides, with and without bluetooth, i tried everything, i checked everything, maybe I'm just going crazy, i mean, what are the possibilities that i recieved 2 unbalanced headphones in a row, the thing that worries me now is, if the headphone is broke, again, would they give me another pair for the warranty?

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #2,574 of 3,671

I'm wondering the same thing, testing the REV01 to the REV02 pair of headphones, I can clearly hear more hiss from the left ear piece then from the right one when there is no source playing. Not sure whether this is due to the NC, haven't done a complete set of tests of all variation in connections NC/Bluetooth/USB/cable.

The hiss sound is however much more noticeable compared to REV01 headphones.

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #2,575 of 3,671
I have tried with different sources, even using the headphones changing sides, with and without bluetooth, i tried everything, i checked everything, maybe I'm just going crazy, i mean, what are the possibilities that i recieved 2 unbalanced headphones in a row, the thing that worries me now is, if the headphone is broke, again, would they give me another pair for the warranty?

Are you getting a proper seal/isolation with both earcups? I've had headphones before that had issues with pads not sealing properly. Maybe try pulling the earpads off and inspecting them for defects?

Dec 26, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #2,576 of 3,671
Hi all,

Bought the M2 wireless over-air ivory version 3 days ago in Singapore... and I have to say they are amazing! The sound, the looks, the noise cancellation, battery life, bluetooth connectivity - all are awesome. I've been walking through busy streets and markets of Singapore for the last 2 days, and didn't have any bluetooth issues at all. There's no "Rev 2" markings in the package, but the guy in the Sennheiser store confirmed that it was version 2.

Just for comparison, yesterday I trialed Bose QC20 for a few moments.... the NC didn't sound that vastly superior to me as some have been saying. And in terms of sound, M2 is far ahead.

Dec 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #2,577 of 3,671
  Hi all,

Bought the M2 wireless over-air ivory version 3 days ago in Singapore... and I have to say they are amazing! The sound, the looks, the noise cancellation, battery life, bluetooth connectivity - all are awesome. I've been walking through busy streets and markets of Singapore for the last 2 days, and didn't have any bluetooth issues at all. There's no "Rev 2" markings in the package, but the guy in the Sennheiser store confirmed that it was version 2.

Just for comparison, yesterday I trialed Bose QC20 for a few moments.... the NC didn't sound that vastly superior to me as some have been saying. And in terms of sound, M2 is far ahead.

You made a wise choice buying the M2 wireless. Personally, I would rate it as the top wireless headphone to get currently. Its closest competitor would be B&O H7 but it doesn't come with NC.

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #2,578 of 3,671

They will honor the warranty as many times as it takes or the warranty runs out. As long as there is an actual warranty issue, they will help. They are pretty good like that.

Keep in mind though, they go by the original purchase date for the warranty. For instance, I bought my first pair last February (when they first came out), and just received my replacement (rev 2) about 2 weeks ago (I think). My warranty will only last until Feb 2017, which is 2 years from the original purchase date. ​

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #2,579 of 3,671
I recently bought the M2 AEBT REV02. Really amazing wireless headphone, best purchase I've made last year.

However, I have been unsuccessful in pairing it with my laptop, running Windows 7 64bit. The headphone simply does not show up when searching for BT devices to add. Has anyone also run into this problem? Any potential solutions, besides upgrading to Win8/10?
I've emailed Sennheiser about this, they acknowledged that they've received multiple complaints regarding the same problem, but ultimately put the blame on the laptop manufacturer and OS choice, stating they have "no influence on that".

I can easily discover and pair with my smartphone (Sony Xperia Z3C), so I've ruled out a defective M2 AEBT unit.
Then again, I'm also quite positive the BT functions of my laptop are working too, because I can also pair it with my smartphone just fine, along with a BT mouse (the Logitech MX Master).

Any thoughts?

I should note that I initially did run into problems pairing said mouse. As quoted from Logitech's website:
  The MX Master wireless mouse uses Bluetooth Smart technology and is not compatible with Windows 7 computers that do not support Bluetooth Smart.

After updating my Intel N-7260 BT drivers to the latest versions, I was able to pair and use the mouse flawlessly. This means that my laptop DOES support Bluetooth Smart with Windows 7, as long as I had sufficiently new BT drivers installed. Before updating, the mouse was detected by BT discovery and finished pairing, but some BT component driver could not be installed correctly, and the mouse did not work.

I had hoped that after getting the mouse to work after the update might also fix the undetectability of the M2 AEBT, but I was wrong, the M2 AEBT was still not found.

It just seems strange and extremely frustrating that the M2 AEBT can't even be detected. It would appear that the M2 AEBT is configured in a way that is not compatible/detectable by devices that are not in a perfect blend of new hardware and software, even though the Intel N-7260 chipset was launched fairly recently (Q2'13), and my laptop even newer, released in Q4'14.

Anyway, in case there truly isn't any way to get it to work with Windows 7 over BT, let it be known to all potential buyers who wish to use it this way. Regardless, you could always use it wired, either over USB or 3.5mm cable. But if you're going to use it that way, why get the wireless version in the first place? Save money and get the wired M2.

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #2,580 of 3,671
Hello to everyone!

I would like to ask you a favour: I am looking for the purchase of the Momentum Wireless, but I cannot figure out how big they are.

Unfortunately there are no shops around my town where I can try them on and on the reviews on youtube they appear to be huge on someones and normal on someone else.

Can someone post the external and internal measures of the ear cups?

Thank you very much in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back