Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Dec 15, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #2,551 of 3,671
@ryugen the Momentum Wireless is not really meant to be used in that way. The microphone is mainly designed to be used as a bluetooth headset like if you are listening to music over bluetooth on your phone and a call comes. It works in USB mode as well but it doesn't work with the cable when it is powered off and I'm not sure if it works with the cable and powered on.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #2,553 of 3,671
  I am utterly confused by the design decisions made by Sennheiser...

So the 2.5mm jack - Does it connect to the inbuilt microphone or not?

They supply a 4 pole to 3 pole (2.5 to 3.5mm) adapter which just doesnt make sense. Why didnt they just make the other end 4 pole as well - unless the microphone isnt accessible through the jack anyways.

But then why bother with a 4 pole on the Sennheiser itself?

What I actually wanted to do:

Use one cable from the Sennheiser to my PC and split the 4pole into microphone and headphone connectors so I can use it as a headset on my computer.

Anyone got that working already?

I kinda find it stupid to use an external microphone when the sennheiser has 4 of them inbuilt...

If you really want to use a microphone (and buttons), just get the cable from M1s, or M2 wired version (or, really any that has a 2.5 connector and preferably a locking mechanism w/inline remote+mic). The built in microphone will not work without Bluetooth connection (or USB DAC). But, the good news is that any headphone is capable of having mic and buttons as long as the cable has it built in and the connectors to the device and headphones are correct (in this case 3.5 and 2.5 respectively). So essentially, when powered on, it will try and use the built in microphones (unless it senses something plugged into the 2.5 jack). If powered off, it will not use any microphone. The cable would provide that capability (as long as it has one inline).

I have a pair of the M2 wireless that broke (meaning the only thing electronic that works on it now is the NC feature). So it is really more like having a pair of Bose QC headphones (with better sound of course). I use the cable from the original M1s with them and talk on the phone all the time.

Dec 17, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #2,555 of 3,671
I just wanted to update after a month and a half of near daily usage. Still no issues. Love the freq range and dynamics, especially since I jump in and out of music genres constantly. Used them flying Chicago, Detroit, and NYC over the weekend. No hiccups. Clear phone calls with person on other end not able to distinguish headphones vs handheld, even with packed, delayed, air terminal. Also really comfortable.

Dec 18, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #2,557 of 3,671
  Well after having the T51P's for awhile now after 1st ordering the M2's I can say without hesitation they absolutely destroy the M2 Wired in every way. So much for the hype.

Those Tesla drivers are something else great sounding.... plus the T51P isolates better

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #2,561 of 3,671
  Well after having the T51P's for awhile now after 1st ordering the M2's I can say without hesitation they absolutely destroy the M2 Wired in every way. So much for the hype.

I totally disagree. However, I enjoyed the T51p while I had it. The M2's are certainly my go to pair of portables.

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #2,564 of 3,671
  Does anyone know if someone can purchase replacement ear pads for the Momentum 2.0? I haven't been able to find any information... 

You should be able to. If it is possible it will be on the Sennheiser website in the spare parts. The UK website is probably easier to navigate if you are having trouble finding it on the US website.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #2,565 of 3,671
The Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 BT are likely the best closed cans on the market (right now) for both home listening & on the go. The BT mode sounds better than many wired cans that cost 3x as much. And I'm comparatively speaking from real world use of the Audeze LCD XC & EL-8s. Anyone reading this post...in search of the holy grail...it doesn't exist...but the Senn M2s are runner up! There are premium (copper/silver) aftermarket cords that can be had for external DAC/Amp use & HI RES players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back