Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Dec 5, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #2,521 of 3,671
Ok thank you...
At the end...
Wired M2 are near the same M2 wireless and M2 wired are better than wireless M2 (passive mode), but the M2 wireless (active or passive mode) that are better than M1 wired version.

I think the best option for me is the M2 wired because I listen then 90% into my room.

Have I done a good recap?
Do you choose wired or wireless version for my need? (Consider also that wireless version is too expansive)

Thats not exactly what I said but you may well be right on that in the sense that if you try all of them that is the order you will end up. My order was slightly different to what you recapped. The first bit "Wired M2 are near the same M2 wireless" I don't know if that is true as I never tried M2 wired. I said it was better than M2 wireless passive but I don't know if it is as good as M2 wireless active. Maybe some other posters or previous posts in this thread can help you out there if you are unable to try it first?

From what you have said in that post though (assuming the M2 wired and M2 wireless active sound very close) I would say yes get the wired model but you probably should consider a few other things first. The basic question to ask is do you need the noise cancelling or bluetooth function? If you don't need those features when in your room and money is a concern then there it is probably best to get the wired model unless that remaining 10% of the time happens to somewhere when ANC or bluetooth would be extremely useful for example a plane.

That said, if you can afford it I would still get the wireless version. The battery lasts ages and if you are sitting at a computer desk you can connect it via USB which I believe will charge the headphones while you are using it (can't say for sure but my Def Tech Symphony 1 does and I believe I read before that the M2 wireless does too). The sound over USB is by far the best out of all the modes on the M2 wireless (I strongly suspect it would be better than the M2 wired that way). It charges pretty quick too so unless you never usi it sitting at a computer desk you should never run out of battery.

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #2,522 of 3,671
I understood that...

I thought that in wireless version the sound will be always compressed, in wired not.

I usually listen music in my home with no particular noise so if I'd need ANC probably I'd see for Bose QC.

Bluetooth would be ok but after sound compressed there is the battery problem, Because it's integrated so after some years I have to replace (authorized assistance not near in my town).

Wired version probably is more durable after spend money.

All these opinions because I cannot try both in my city or near

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #2,523 of 3,671
I understood that...

I thought that in wireless version the sound will be always compressed, in wired not.

I usually listen music in my home with no particular noise so if I'd need ANC probably I'd see for Bose QC.

Bluetooth would be ok but after sound compressed there is the battery problem, Because it's integrated so after some years I have to replace (authorized assistance not near in my town).

Wired version probably is more durable after spend money.

All these opinions because I cannot try both in my city or near

In M2 wireless the sound is only compressed if using it in bluetooth mode. If using powered on (active) over USB or aux cable the sound is not compressed. Same for passive mode. Theres no guarantee the battery will need to be replaced after a few years. Sometimes the batteries can last for ages. But yes you are more likely to see failure with the wireless version, though most of the recent issues have been about the bluetooth connection and not the headphones build quality or anything else (battery obviously can't really be judged just yet).

Dec 6, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #2,524 of 3,671
Has anyone compared the Bower & Wilkins P7s to the Momentum 2.0s?  If so what are your thoughts?

I compared them myself today and here are mine:

* Both share a similar sound signature (laid back and with a bit more bass)
* The P7s had smoother upper mids which made things less harsh to listen to but also left the mids feeling a pinch recessed (honestly, just a pinch, not DT770 recessed, hehe ...)
* The P7s have a much wider soundstage than the Momentum 2.0s
* The leather ear cup material on the Momentums clearly has memory foam while the P7s don't, as such, the P7s are more uncomfortable against the head, but they do house bigger ears a lot better than the Momentum 2.0s

Overall, I would recommend that Momentum 2.0 fans check out the P7s if they want something similar to the Momentum sound with a few refinements.

I also tried the original Momentums today ... wow, the 2.0s are a huge improvement over those, in every aspect.

Dec 6, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #2,525 of 3,671
Has anyone compared the Bower & Wilkins P7s to the Momentum 2.0s?  If so what are your thoughts?

I compared them myself today and here are mine:

* Both share a similar sound signature (laid back and with a bit more bass)
* The P7s had smoother upper mids which made things less harsh to listen to but also left the mids feeling a pinch recessed (honestly, just a pinch, not DT770 recessed, hehe ...)
* The P7s have a much wider soundstage than the Momentum 2.0s
* The leather ear cup material on the Momentums clearly has memory foam while the P7s don't, as such, the P7s are more uncomfortable against the head, but they do house bigger ears a lot better than the Momentum 2.0s

Overall, I would recommend that Momentum 2.0 fans check out the P7s if they want something similar to the Momentum sound with a few refinements.

I also tried the original Momentums today ... wow, the 2.0s are a huge improvement over those, in every aspect.

Wich improvements were more noiceable over the 1.0s?

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #2,527 of 3,671
Wich improvements were more noiceable over the 1.0s?

Hey Pedro, I didn't compare them for very long, but the things that stood out were:

* Much more comfortable, my ears did not fit inside the original Momentums
* M2 has more forward and neutral mids (M1 feels more recessed)
* M2 has better treble (M1 lacked any form of sparkle), the M2 still has a long way to go in the treble department imho, but it certainly improves over the M1 in a big big way

:)

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #2,528 of 3,671
Hey Pedro, I didn't compare them for very long, but the things that stood out were:

* M2 has better treble (M1 lacked any form of sparkle), the M2 still has a long way to go in the treble department imho, but it certainly improves over the M1 in a big big way

Thank you :)
And the bass? Wich has more and wich puncjes harder?
I had the 1.0s but although i loved the sound sometimes i was missing some extra punch for edm...

Dec 6, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #2,529 of 3,671

Thank you :)
And the bass? Wich has more and wich puncjes harder?
I had the 1.0s but although i loved the sound sometimes i was missing some extra punch for edm...

I believe the M2 is tighter. The M2s sound really good for EDM imho, I feel that's what they excel at actually. I don't love them for acoustic material but love them for EDM :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Dec 7, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #2,530 of 3,671

http://www.head-fi.org/t/754889/sennheiser-momentum-m2-vs-bowers-wilkins-b-w-p7

My thoughts are posted there.

Verdict -
Get the P7s if you want: incredibly even treble response, an overall warm and even sound profile, a wide soundstage, robust construction
Get the M2s if you want: dynamic upper mid and bass response, uncluttered low mids, separation between instruments, extreme comfort, a large fit

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #2,531 of 3,671
I own the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless AE and I'm curious about trying out the on-ears. For those who own or have experience with the on ears, how do they compare when it comes to comfort, isolation, sound and ANC with the around ears or other headphones you own/have tried?

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #2,532 of 3,671
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/754889/sennheiser-momentum-m2-vs-bowers-wilkins-b-w-p7

My thoughts are posted there.

Verdict -
Get the P7s if you want: incredibly even treble response, an overall warm and even sound profile, a wide soundstage, robust construction
Get the M2s if you want: dynamic upper mid and bass response, uncluttered low mids, separation between instruments, extreme comfort, a large fit

Awesome stuff, thanks a lot! :)

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #2,534 of 3,671
Yeh if you have a larger head the m2 will be a safer bet, it had some room for adjustment on my big head where as the p7 didnt feel like a proper fit at max extension.

My problem with comfort on the M2s is that the ear cups are still a tad too small for my ears.  They fit in there but rub against the edges and after an hour, my ears hurt and I have to take them off.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #2,535 of 3,671
  Eventually the headset showed up in stock again, this time it was a REV2 (with 2015 on the box), no more BT issues at all this time, but when the Noise Cancelling was on (that is everytime the headset was on), there was some fuzzing/statics from the left earcup, it wasn't that noticeable when in a noisy environment with the music on, but it was very noiticeable when used in a silent room with the music off, I thought it would most likely impact on the sound quality and at this price point, I had it replaced.

Eventually I got a 3rd headset (still REV2) with no BT issues and no NC issues, so I am finally happy.

Just curious as I got a replacement REV2 headphones, what do you exactly mean with the fuzzing/statics sound you are describing here from the left ear cup. Is it the "normal NC" noise/hiss sound I suppose every headphones with NC has? I definitely hear more hiss from the left ear cup compare to the right ear cup, so I was wondering if this is something that has changed over the REV1.

I feel like I'm looking and searching for every small thing now comparing to the old version... it doesn't make sense I know, but yeah, life of a perfectionist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back