Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Dec 9, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,536 of 3,671

Just curious as I got a replacement REV2 headphones, what do you exactly mean with the fuzzing/statics sound you are describing here from the left ear cup. Is it the "normal NC" noise/hiss sound I suppose every headphones with NC has? I definitely hear more hiss from the left ear cup compare to the right ear cup, so I was wondering if this is something that has changed over the REV1.

I feel like I'm looking and searching for every small thing now comparing to the old version... it doesn't make sense I know, but yeah, life of a perfectionist.

It was definitely a defect, it seemed like a pulse, as in not a flat static noise but very noticeable fuzzing, unlike my current and previous momentum wireless headsets. Since you can't disable the NC and the NC kept having this defect, keeping it was a no-no.

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #2,538 of 3,671
If I want change the standard Apple jack cable in my seeny m2, can I do it (replacement) with a standard one (classic jack 3,5), or have I to choose a dedicated one with "lock " feature as the cable in the OEM?

I don't think you need the lock but the Momentum wireles uses a 2.5mm jack so a standard 3.5mm cable won't work. Any cable which has 2.5mm jack on one end and 3.5mm jhack on the other end should technically work, though it the connection may not be as stable as with the lock.

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #2,540 of 3,671
I've the wired version, is it the same jack?
Have I to order a locking jack? 2,5 or 3,5 in wired version?

Ah that is right. Did you buy the iPhone cable version? I'm not sure about that cable but it is easy enough to check. Take the cable out of the headphones (unlock then remove) then check both ends. If they are the same size it is a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack. If one end is smaller than the other end then it is the 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #2,542 of 3,671
Yes, I bought the cable Apple version.
I'm interested to buy another cable (not cheap) without remote control... Only cable, like this

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00WHUTQV0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_uRzAwbF0ZCDR4

More than likely that particular cable won't work because it's 3.5mm on both ends. I believe the m2 wired has 2.5 on earcup side and 3.5 on source side, just like the wireless and M1s used. Also keep in mind that if it is not locking, it will possibly pop out fairly easily. 

Something like this cable would work. If you look at the small end you will see the locking Mechanism. www.aliexpress.com/item/Pure-PCOCC-Earphone-Cable-PEP-Insulated-For-Sennheiser-Momentum-Over-On-Ear-Headset-LN004851/32295725758.html

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #2,543 of 3,671
Hey guys, i got a question about the headphone. I got my headphone few days ago. The bluetooth connection works great, but when i connect it with the 3.5mm wire to the laptop. it just has no sound or one side has sound. I am using a macbook. Is there any solution or thing that i can do?  Thanks

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #2,547 of 3,671
After a fun little afternoon with Fidelia and a demo of Fabfilter's Pro-Q AU plugin, I think I have finally adjusted my Momentum 2.0's treble to sound almost identical to my ADAM A7 studio monitors.  I also needed to boost the lower mids a little as they were lacking in comparison to my monitors.

The one thing that the Momentum's does that my monitors can't is the amazing bass response.  I honestly have yet to hear another pair of closed headphones that have this much punch in the bass, they sound just wonderful (and yep, I have heard the Oppo PM-3s, and although they are well extended in the bass region, they don't punch at all like the Momentums).

I'd be happy to share the preset if anyone is interested in giving this a listen:

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #2,548 of 3,671
  After a fun little afternoon with Fidelia and a demo of Fabfilter's Pro-Q AU plugin, I think I have finally adjusted my Momentum 2.0's treble to sound almost identical to my ADAM A7 studio monitors.  I also needed to boost the lower mids a little as they were lacking in comparison to my monitors.

The one thing that the Momentum's does that my monitors can't is the amazing bass response.  I honestly have yet to hear another pair of closed headphones that have this much punch in the bass, they sound just wonderful (and yep, I have heard the Oppo PM-3s, and although they are well extended in the bass region, they don't punch at all like the Momentums).

I'd be happy to share the preset if anyone is interested in giving this a listen:

Even though they were well rated, they died down pretty quickly, but give the Marshall Monitors a try. I find that they have some of the best punch for a closed back headphone. Even over the M2s. The M2s have a lot of punch, yes, but they have some bloat to them, and a bit too much quantity. The MMs have less quantity, but I believe ​better quality (even though still colored with bass, better balanced than the M2s IMO). Other than soundstage, I find these to be very good, because while they are not for everyone out of the box, they are very very capable of being eq'ed to almost all people's pallets. IMHO I find this fact almost more important than how the headphone sounds out of the box, because let's face it; all headphones don't sound good to ALL people out of the box. It is the ability to be eq'ed and still sound good that makes them tuned well (some headphones don't sound good no matter how much eq you give them). Of course, all my opinion.

Anyhow, I think that they might not have gotten as popular as they could have because of their price at that time. They had really good sound, but not for the money. Now, however, they are only about $100, and since I own some, believe me, they are pretty awesome IMO...

BTW, I use a curve very similar to yours for my m2 (in wired mode), and they DO sound terrific. Thanks for sharing.

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #2,549 of 3,671
I am utterly confused by the design decisions made by Sennheiser...

So the 2.5mm jack - Does it connect to the inbuilt microphone or not?

They supply a 4 pole to 3 pole (2.5 to 3.5mm) adapter which just doesnt make sense. Why didnt they just make the other end 4 pole as well - unless the microphone isnt accessible through the jack anyways.

But then why bother with a 4 pole on the Sennheiser itself?

What I actually wanted to do:

Use one cable from the Sennheiser to my PC and split the 4pole into microphone and headphone connectors so I can use it as a headset on my computer.

Anyone got that working already?

I kinda find it stupid to use an external microphone when the sennheiser has 4 of them inbuilt...

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #2,550 of 3,671
The MW2 microphones suck, so, you're far better off using a separate microphone in either wired or wireless mode.

You can use the MW2 microphones in wired mode via the built-in DAC and a USB connector.  Headphone quality is great; microphone quality is abysmal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back