Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jul 30, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #2,071 of 3,671
  I'm still struggling and trying to find out what the problem is with the Bluetooth stutter on Mac OS X versions 10.10.2 - 10.10.4. It seems that it is less frequently on the latest update, but it is still pretty annoying. Using Bluetooth Explorer and trying various Bluetooth settings (playing with the buffer range, quality, aptX and/or SBC, VBR or constant), it still doesn't play the audio without constant stutter. Even when you force it to use the lower bitrate SBC codec, the problem still exists unfortunately.

Thankfully I have no problems with audio stutter using my iPhone 6 Plus, so it seems like it's definitely a Bluetooth stack issue on Yosemite. Hopefully El Capitain will fix all these annoying problems.

Someone in this thread is running El Capitan beta and said that the BT problem is fixed. I have the option to run the beta but I'm not that brave!

Jul 30, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #2,072 of 3,671
So is the stuttering the music players' issue or the headphones' issue? I have android, will never own an iProduct, and still had a major stuttering problem.

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #2,074 of 3,671
Then why are people blathering on about iOS updates?

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #2,077 of 3,671
Probably for the best to go for the refund instead of waiting for a fixed revision/replacement that might never come. We simply don't know what Sennheiser will do.
If it does happen in August as rumors have been saying for a couple of months now, then just buy again.

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #2,079 of 3,671
I managed to get it at a good price that's all. Maybe i will refund it

I have used with mac and iphone and when stationary there is no cut out. However when I was walking and even just standing for example on the train /tube. There was cut out again it only lasts a second and comes back but it is definitely annoying. I'm suprised they didn't do checks

Jul 30, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #2,081 of 3,671
Does the Bluetooth stutter also happen on Android and Windows devices?

The stutter happens mainly when you are outside in high wireless frequency areas such as at train stations, moving on the train or near a large traffic light in the middle of the city. Stutter seems to occur regardless of what device you are using when you are outside. Indoor problems seem to be mainly caused by Mac and not Windows.

Jul 31, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #2,082 of 3,671
A friend of mine really wants to buy this headphone regardless of the BT-problems as she will only use them with her phone in an office setting and thinks it will work without to much stuttering there. But it's impossible to get hold of a new pair here in Norway (and probably most of the world) since it's been out of production a few months, I even helped her put out an ad on one of the bigger sites in Norway for used products to see if someone would like to sell her one.

The delivery date is being pushed back from the different online stores, some have late august now and others september while one of the stores seems to have given up with next delivery date due in february 2016. :)

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #2,083 of 3,671
A friend of mine really wants to buy this headphone regardless of the BT-problems as she will only use them with her phone in an office setting and thinks it will work without to much stuttering there. But it's impossible to get hold of a new pair here in Norway (and probably most of the world) since it's been out of production a few months, I even helped her put out an ad on one of the bigger sites in Norway for used products to see if someone would like to sell her one.

The delivery date is being pushed back from the different online stores, some have late august now and others september while one of the stores seems to have given up with next delivery date due in february 2016.
smily_headphones1.gif

It seems as though these have become a bit of a collector's item then (if you collect items that don't work 100%). hehe

As I have said in the past, with the pair I have, the problem comes and goes. Rarely does it stay, and when I do have the problem, if I turn them off then back on, it goes away. This includes travelling too. If Sennheiser ever gets the issue taken care of, I will trade mine in for a new pair (one that has the problem 0% of the time).

I have had mine since the first week or two of availability (Feb of this year), and have used them extensively, so there might be some who only use them now and again that never run into this issue at all, just because of frequency of listening, and where listened to. It is my belief that if she were to find a pair, she probably would not have any issues at all (given how she plans on using them).

Jul 31, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #2,084 of 3,671
Because of an interesting promotion of my mobile provider i should order my new headphone before august 31. (getting a certain % of the price back as call credit).
I have seen an ETA in the week of august 24, but does someone knows if this would be indeed the case?
Or should I 'settle' for the wired version if I want to benefit from the promotion?

Aug 1, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #2,085 of 3,671
  Because of an interesting promotion of my mobile provider i should order my new headphone before august 31. (getting a certain % of the price back as call credit).
I have seen an ETA in the week of august 24, but does someone knows if this would be indeed the case?
Or should I 'settle' for the wired version if I want to benefit from the promotion?

Someone on here posted that a Senn rep told them that August is no longer going to be an attainable goal for the problems with BT. But take that all with a grain of salt. The rep might not even know.... August was the original goal date. I believe that was 3 or 4 months ago????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back