Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Aug 1, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #2,086 of 3,671

Someone on here posted that a Senn rep told them that August is no longer going to be an attainable goal for the problems with BT. But take that all with a grain of salt. The rep might not even know.... August was the original goal date. I believe that was 3 or 4 months ago????

Its basically august already. Surely if it was going to be re-released within the next month everything would have to have been fixed by now and the rep would know. From all conversations it sounds like things are not even close to being sorted out.

Aug 3, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #2,087 of 3,671
What problems are u guys talking about? Is the anything wrong with the wired version of the over momentum 2.0? I am thinking of buying one in mint condition for 220 euros... Good or bad price?

I had and loved the sound of the first momentums but the fit was awfull.... Besides the aestetic differences what changed regarding the sound? I am also ordering a 80ohm dt770 pro for home use... Anyone had the first or second momentum over ear and can compare their sound please?

Thank you....

Aug 3, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #2,089 of 3,671
Someone in this thread is running El Capitan beta and said that the BT problem is fixed. I have the option to run the beta but I'm not that brave!

I'm running the OSX beta on my 2013 MBPr 15" and sadly the Bluetooth studdering has not been fixed for me.

Maybe it's something with my Momentum 2.0's, but they work perfectly with my Z3 Compact on aptX.

Aug 3, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #2,090 of 3,671
I got mine cheap I'm going to contact sennhesoter and see if they can replace under warranty and when they fix they can send me a fixed version...because I don't think I will be able to get it for same price if I get refund... Long battery life apparently excellent sound and noise cancellation.

Aug 3, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #2,091 of 3,671
I'm running the OSX beta on my 2013 MBPr 15" and sadly the Bluetooth studdering has not been fixed for me.

Maybe it's something with my Momentum 2.0's, but they work perfectly with my Z3 Compact on aptX.

My Momentum BT is very stable on everything but my MBP (even on iOS). The problem started after 10.10.3. I was looking forward to the El Capitan full release. Maybe by that time they'll sort out the problem so it will be stable for all OS X users.

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #2,092 of 3,671
What problems are u guys talking about? Is the anything wrong with the wired version of the over momentum 2.0? I am thinking of buying one in mint condition for 220 euros... Good or bad price?

I had and loved the sound of the first momentums but the fit was awfull.... Besides the aestetic differences what changed regarding the sound? I am also ordering a 80ohm dt770 pro for home use... Anyone had the first or second momentum over ear and can compare their sound please?

Thank you....  ​

The wired version is fine. 220 euros is a good price for them. That is about 100 euros cheaper than normal.

I have both the M1 and M2 (albeit the wireless ones, but in wired mode, they sound identical to the wired only version). I compared them somewhere on this thread, but to reiterate, I find them to be VERY similar. They are tuned the same, and use the same drivers for both, but the bigger earcup, and the fact that they are further away from your ear change the sound just a bit. I find the M2 have a bigger sound stage than the M1, and the bass is a bit better also (tightened up just a bit). The treble is about the same (warm, but not missing). Mids are smooth and buttery (very present and up front also). I like a slight V or U sound so I find a tad bit of eq'ing to my liking YMMV.
I got mine cheap I'm going to contact sennhesoter and see if they can replace under warranty and when they fix they can send me a fixed version...because I don't think I will be able to get it for same price if I get refund... Long battery life apparently excellent sound and noise cancellation.

If it were me, I would wait until they come out with "A Fix". If you claim a warranty now, they will ask you to send yours back, and give you a wired version in its place, and you may be waiting for a long time. The original target date for the fix was to be August, but I am hearing now ???? about the target date (but definitely not August as planned). I would just enjoy them as best you can for now, and wait and see what happens... I listen to mine daily and just enjoy them (although I am not having near the extreme problems some are reporting, to be fair).   ​

Aug 3, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #2,093 of 3,671

The wired version is fine. 220 euros is a good price for them. That is about 100 euros cheaper than normal.

I have both the M1 and M2 (albeit the wireless ones, but in wired mode, they sound identical to the wired only version). I compared them somewhere on this thread, but to reiterate, I find them to be VERY similar. They are tuned the same, and use the same drivers for both, but the bigger earcup, and the fact that they are further away from your ear change the sound just a bit. I find the M2 have a bigger sound stage than the M1, and the bass is a bit better also (tightened up just a bit). The treble is about the same (warm, but not missing). Mids are smooth and buttery (very present and up front also). I like a slight V or U sound so I find a tad bit of eq'ing to my liking YMMV.

The M1 can be currently found for 150 new and the M2 (wired) 244 euros.... besides being better on confort on etc, do you think the sound differences are 100 or 150 euros more worth it than on the M1?

Talking now about build quality.... Is the M2 much bulkier than the M1? Those hinges are not fragile? The material on the pads its nice and seemd durable (sennheiser bragged and bragged about the M1 pads and headband being made of a super fancy material but it seems like they quickly ditched it in this second version....)?

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #2,094 of 3,671

If it were me, I would wait until they come out with "A Fix". If you claim a warranty now, they will ask you to send yours back, and give you a wired version in its place, and you may be waiting for a long time. The original target date for the fix was to be August, but I am hearing now ???? about the target date (but definitely not August as planned). I would just enjoy them as best you can for now, and wait and see what happens... I listen to mine daily and just enjoy them (although I am not having near the extreme problems some are reporting, to be fair).   ​
Sorry i have to disagree. The wireless version wired do not sound identical to the wired version. The wireless version wired sound closer to the M1. The wired M2 are an upgrade over both M1 and wireless M2.

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #2,096 of 3,671
Sorry i have to disagree. The wireless version wired do not sound identical to the wired version. The wireless version wired sound closer to the M1. The wired M2 are an upgrade over both M1 and wireless M2.

That makes no sense. When wired Momentum 2.0 headphones, both on or over ear, by pass all circuitry including noise cancellation and become the same thing as the wired Momentum 2.0's which has idential wires, ear cups and drivers in them. How can the wired 2.0 be better than wireless 2.0 with the wire attached?

Aug 4, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #2,097 of 3,671
  That makes no sense. When wired Momentum 2.0 headphones, both on or over ear, by pass all circuitry including noise cancellation and become the same thing as the wired Momentum 2.0's which has idential wires, ear cups and drivers in them. How can the wired 2.0 be better than wireless 2.0 with the wire attached?

Possibly the fact that the wired M2 doesn't have to jam batteries and audio and BT circuitry into the earcup housing.  From that perspective the earcups between the wired and wireless versions are not the same.

Aug 4, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #2,098 of 3,671
My ears tell me they are tuned differently. I Feel the wireless sounds more like the M1.

Aug 5, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #2,099 of 3,671

I agree that the wireless and wired do sound different. I had the M2 wireless over ears, but returned them due to the unacceptable BT performance (see much earlier posts in this thread). I recently purchased some M2 wired over ears on a good deal from a local retailer (£179, instead of the MSRP of £279). There is a noticeable difference in sound quality between the wired version and the wireless used passively and wired. Bass is tighter and punchier, soundstage is wider and deeper.

The two headphones may be similar, but they are not the same. Hence, the impedance difference between them - M2s are 18 ohms, M2 wireless are 28 ohms when used passively and wired.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #2,100 of 3,671
  Can you explain please what makes it better?

The foldable mechanism on the m2 version is reliable? Usually i dont like foldable headphones because hinges tend to break...

I had both , returned the M1 after a week because of a problem with the rubber slider on one side - that is the weakest part IMO on the Momentums
I still own the M2, I've bought it new from Amazon.de for 245 euros http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-Momentum-2-0-Kopfh%C3%B6rer-schwarz/dp/B00RGH758U/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438758196&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=moementum+2

they sound very similar, wherever some people would say :)) bigger earcups and padding does affect a bit the sound in a good way, but as I said difference is minor
I would pay the price for the M2 though overall they are an improved version, though subtle changes - I would have liked to maintain the case from and angled/flexible metal jack from the M1, but they are OK anyway
later edit: I love the hinge, to me looks sturdy enough (it's all metal) and I have to say it again - those rubber sliders (the white 2 mm aprox you hardly can see that allows the earcup to slide up and down on the metal part) are the weakest point in the construction. Mine came out after 6 days on the M1 version

If you want portable, good sound there is no other better option at least on paper and based on reviews I choose the M2 over P7, H6, MH40 - though master and dynamic MH40 where very tempting they are 400 euros on amazon :D
I use them 98 % :)) in the office and in terms of sound I would have preferred less bass and more treble, but when you take them outside on the streets the sound is perfect and I guess that was the point tunning them for outside balanced sound
If they would had less bass and more treble, outside would sound harsh and thin for sure :)
for outside I have also the in ear Hifiman Re-400 and though the M2 is a warm but balanced phone to love I prefer the sound of the Re-400 inside or outside the house any day  anytime :)) though I am always anxious on those that the wire would brake as many reported
overall I love the M2 and the look and comfort is fabulous , though with the M2 my ear touches the driver and after 2 hours max I feel discomfort (I have small ears)
conclusion: build, looks , comfort , sound, portability - this is a headphone to love for sure  in the fashionable/portable category  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back