Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jun 17, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #1,966 of 3,671
  How would you compare the P7 to the M2 wired ? I heard  a lot of good things about them, but their design kind of put me off.

I posted about it here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/754889/sennheiser-momentum-m2-vs-bowers-wilkins-b-w-p7

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #1,967 of 3,671
  I have a set of IE80 and I think they both sound great. I don't think it's fair or sensible to compare them directly since one's an IEM and the other is a full-sized circumaural. I will say, if it matters, that I use my IE80s strictly for commuting and prefer the M2s.

I think they don't sound too terribly dissimilar - maybe the IE80 has more upper-treble presence than the M2 but not so much that it's distracting.

Thanks a bunch! Yeah, you are right. Tough to directly compare.... your info is helpful.

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #1,968 of 3,671
I am thinking about buying the Momentus 2.0. How is the comfort relative to the Sennheiser HD800 and Shure SRH 1840? 

It's best to go for the wired version since the bluetooth version has many problems? 

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #1,969 of 3,671
I am doing aw searches on my phone as well, but direct comparison between m2 and m2 wireless and m2 wireless wired?

Just wondering which to get. I would definitely use wireless however curious as to how it stacks up to its sister pair.

I will probably get flamed as I am sure its been covered and I am still searching, but if anyone has a link handy that would be awesome. It's quite a long thread to trawl ha-ha

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #1,973 of 3,671

on top of that my ear touches now the driver and it hurts after 1-2 hours that I have to take them off ...

I have the same issue with the M2 Wireless. Extremely annoying and disappointing, especially since I got so used to the supreme comfort from the Fidelio X2.

Wondering if there's any workaround to avoid having the ears touch the drivers...

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,974 of 3,671
Just got my M2 wired in today. DAMN these are nice.

What I like:

Build
-Sub bass is CrazY good and unique
-clear treble
-isolation both in and out
-super light weight, which really shocked me
-comfort is 11/10

What I don't like:
-Mids are certainly recessed
-Soundstage is lacking
-cable comes out the right earcup - just not normal. I've never had a headphone work like this... just causing my body/mind confusion.
-Cable is really thin

Overall, the sound signature of my IE80 is better, as is the soundstage - a surprise in my opinion. But again, i generally prefer over ears to in-ears for comfort and fit.

Are these worth $350? Honestly, no. They are charging $100 too much. They sound like $200 cans, but since they have the great build, i'd say $250 would be a far more appropriate price. 

Jun 22, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #1,976 of 3,671

Has the cable changed sides from the first model to the current?

Cheers,
Wormwood

Yeh the cable was on the left on the original model. I noticed that both the m2 wireless and the b&o h8 wireless have the cable on the right earcup, not sure why this is, maybe the majority carry their portable devices in their right pocket? Personally i carry mine on the left so i find it a bit awkward when wired.

Jun 22, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #1,977 of 3,671
Usually on wireless headsets, the optional wire lead is on the right ear cup because most of the electronics is usually concentred there, while the left earcup is reserved for battery.

I'm guessing the M2 wired also has its lead in the right cup because it might share the same fundamental design in order to mutualize production. That way sennheiser can share components between the two momentums, and doesn't have to have two separate production line for the two products.

But it's all speculation, I don't have any inside knowledge of the manufacturing process.

Jun 23, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,978 of 3,671
I bet the Momentum 2 having a right-sided cord is totally due to production streamlining, however the new HD630VB has a right-sided cord as well... maybe this is a new trend.

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #1,979 of 3,671
I'm pretty curious as to what's going on in the labs at Sennheiser. If they do deliver on their August estimation for new M2's, I wonder if they will introduce a new product entirely as opposed to keeping the same name.

Jun 23, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #1,980 of 3,671
I find it very curious that none of the major websites' reviews detected this problem. I know they only review using the exact same few songs again and again and again (I swear to God if I see Silent Shout, Drover, and No Chuch in the Wild again....), but surely they could have scuttled about town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back