Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 24, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #1,651 of 3,671
  Hi guys.. New here.

The wireless model seemed to me like a gift from god until I heard during the CNET review that you can't turn off the ANC.

Thing is, my ears are ultra-sensitive to ANC, specially noise-guard. I have a pair of MM 450-X, and I feel a strong amount of pressure when I switch ANC on, followed by a slight headache that lasts for nearly an hour!  I thought my unit was defective at first and was planning to send it back, but then I tried the Bose QC25 at a store, and I felt the same kind of pressure in my ears, only less intense, but still not tolerable.  I figured my ears just don't like ANC, so  if the momentums have that ON all the time, it's a deal breaker :frowning2:

Can someone confirm if it's true that you can't switch that off?

Thanks

edit: Just went through the user's guide. It seems ANC can only be off when it's wired, which defeats the purpose of buying the wireless version (atleast for me)

Still would love a confirmation from owners if that's true.

I'm hoping they'll enable ANC on/off toggling with a firmware update. Currently a single button press on the power button does nothing, so I can see that as becoming a way to toggle ANC on/off. Hope Sennheiser is listening!

Apr 24, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #1,652 of 3,671

The firmware CAN be updated, but as [u][color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]HotShotMedic[/color][/u] said, it is very unlikely that software could fix this issue. I would assume that if it could, Sennheiser would have been all over it by now. They are very aware of the situation (from reading posts on here), but are reluctant to comment on the issue, except to say that it is normal interference.

I don't think the issue will be addressed, because (as was mentioned), that would make them responsible for ALL of the headphones they have sold thus far, and that would be a VERY expensive venture to say the least (this all being my opinion, of course). On the other hand, I am not sure of the total amount of people that are having issues. Though it might seem there is a lot of talk on here about this issue, the number of people that are actually experiencing this issue seems to be pretty low. I realize this doesn't sound fair to the people that are really having issues.

Yes, that would be very expensive for Sennheiser. I am one of the lucky ones that don't have any issues, and very happy with the way the M2s performs. The reason for a lot of us not having issues, could be the different environment where we use our M2s.

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #1,654 of 3,671
^ I agree, that being said, go for a short 20 minute walk outside, you'll be turning your head to check for traffic anyway, (depending on where you are walking) chances are that you will get some stuttering.

Aha, most of the times I walking, in the county, not too many tall buildings and traffic lights are can sometimes be a mile away from each other. Whereas, in the city, you got tall buildings galore, and traffic lights on every corner. Also, with the city traffic lights, they have upward to 8 traffic lights on ONE corner!!

IMO, Sennheiser got the sound right with the M2, but neglected the BT/Radio transmitter..

Apr 24, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #1,655 of 3,671
Imho, they also messed up by not allowing ANC off with the BT connection. I'm surprised there have not been more adverse comments about the ANC on here. I found it next to useless on my daily commute as every bump in the road made the music pitch or led to an audible thump through the headphones. Even if the BT connection had been stable, I would have had to use the passive cable mode to avoid the ANC.

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #1,656 of 3,671
Hi everybody, It might be a little off topic, but I have a question. I'm trying to get my hands on a pair of momentum wireless here in France, but every shop seems to be out of stock until at least June.

Is that the case every where or just a issue with French stocks ? Is that pair that successful or is there something fishy going on at sennheiser ?

I read earlier in the thread that Sennheiser was looking into the bluetooth issues that many complained about, could it be that Senn froze the supply line while they investigate ?

Anyway, just a question that has been bothering me :)

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #1,657 of 3,671
Unfortunately only sennheiser would be able to answer that question. In my recent emails with them I've explained the issue that many are having and even pointed them to this thread. They still maintained, in their latest email that "that is the nature of wireless signals, that they are vulnerable to wireless interference from other sources"
They offered to take them and inspect them for me but I don't have much faith that they will find anything wrong and frankly, I want my money back

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #1,658 of 3,671
  Hi everybody, It might be a little off topic, but I have a question. I'm trying to get my hands on a pair of momentum wireless here in France, but every shop seems to be out of stock until at least June.

Is that the case every where or just a issue with French stocks ? Is that pair that successful or is there something fishy going on at sennheiser ?

I read earlier in the thread that Sennheiser was looking into the bluetooth issues that many complained about, could it be that Senn froze the supply line while they investigate ?

Anyway, just a question that has been bothering me :)

From the comments and the amount of returns for BT issues, there should be a lot of open box returns to purchase at a lower price..I have heard a lot of returns just in this thread. Check your Amazon for used. 

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #1,660 of 3,671
I just bought the Momentum M2 wireless and am having problems with connecting via bluetooth to my MacBook Air OS-X Yosemite 10.10.2. It does not see my M2. Neither does my Playstation 4 see the M2. Sucks! No problem with my Samsung Note 3 though.

Will appreciate some urgent help on this matter. Thanks everyone.

PS - I just managed to connect to the Macbook. Mistake made was the distance apart was more than 20 cm while pairing.

Apr 25, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #1,662 of 3,671
Imho, they also messed up by not allowing ANC off with the BT connection. I'm surprised there have not been more adverse comments about the ANC on here. I found it next to useless on my daily commute as every bump in the road made the music pitch or led to an audible thump through the headphones. Even if the BT connection had been stable, I would have had to use the passive cable mode to avoid the ANC.

I think the reason you are not seen that many comments on the ANC because on most of us, just like the connection problems, it is not happening..I have no problems with the ANC on while on bluetooth. The SQ and the connection is great..Now, when I am home and wired, I don't put the ANC on, never even tried that way either.. First, there are no noises in my house that I would need to block out, hence, no need for ANC when wired..

These problems are real, and even though I have none of them, I would really like to see a solution and a clear explanation of why they are happening to some M2s, and not others..  Or could the different ENVIRONMENTS be the sole factor?

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #1,663 of 3,671
I think the reason you are not seen that many comments on the ANC because on most of us, just like the connection problems, it is not happening..I have no problems with the ANC on while on bluetooth. The SQ and the connection is great..Now, when I am home and wired, I don't put the ANC on, never even tried that way either.. First, there are no noises in my house that I would need to block out, hence, no need for ANC when wired..

These problems are real, and even though I have none of them, I would really like to see a solution and a clear explanation of why they are happening to some M2s, and not others..  Or could the different ENVIRONMENTS be the sole factor?

The issue with ANC is not a BT issue alone. On public transport with ANC on and a wired connection, the result was the same. Hence, I was forced to listen wired and passive. The annoyance with BT is that I could not use it without ANC, hence was forced to go wired and passive to avoid ANC. So, even if the BT signal had not been an issue, the facts that (a) ANC is always on with BT and (b) the ANC disturbed the music, these would have been passive headphones for me for most of my commute. I know some roads here in the UK are poor, but not that poor! This was a major surprise - I've had NC headphones in the past, but not an active system like this one. The bumps and clicks were so off putting it had a detrimental impact on what I was listening to.

Apr 25, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #1,664 of 3,671
Guys I'm selling my pair over on eBay UK I'm selling them because I don't get on with them and my glasses. My pair doesn't have any problems with BT, they work like a dream :smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back