Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 22, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #1,637 of 3,671
  Thanks for testing the settings on the M2, 

Yes I have already listened to it in wired mode and there's no issue..the sound is perfect..

I also tested this in another bluetooth earphone which I own, "Sony Smart wireless headset pro"                                               
which sounds great with no issues at high volume.

As you said I guess its a limitation with respect to Bluetooth(aptx/non aptx mode) on these headphones(Sony MK2 and Senn M2).

Its really frustrating since the cheapest "Smart wireless headset pro" is reproducing the sound perfectly on bluetooth while the pricier Sony 1RBT MK2 is not.

So I guess I have to buy the Bose AE2W since you said there's no issues on them, but how is the sound clarity compared to the M2's ? Does it have good low end ? Does it sound great if we tweak it with V4A in all the areas it requires?

I would say that the Bose AE2W sound pretty good out of the box, but I think they would benefit greatly from using the V4A app. I find the clarity very good, and the bass is decent. The mids are recessed (but now and again, I really enjoy the V shape that they afford. It is more fun than neutral). Heck, go to BestBuy and give them a listen, they are common there. The On-Ear are reviewed better, but I just don't like the sound of them very much.

Sorry your having so much trouble with your M2s, and wish I could help everyone having these issues, but I simply am having 0 issues with any part of the headphone, including sound signature. I am typically not the type to like forward mids, but I love this for a change of pace from some of the other headphones I have that are of the V sound signature. They are certainly not totally neutral, but I would wager that they are more neutral than most of the other "portable" headphones offered at this time (not sure about the Parrot Zik, or the Sony).

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #1,638 of 3,671
Agreed, but a backup suits me fine. Fabulous anc,sound, and BT connection.

Ahhh man! The anc on the M2s are so pooh :smiley: the zik 2.0 though are wow :grin: on your head they feel great! Struggled with the m2s with my glasses as well. The only plus the m2 I found was when using on wire with no anc, they were good with my x5 & e12 rig...but tbh if I wanted that I would just go for a wired pair :smiley: and that opens the gates to other much better wired over ear headphones :headphones::wink:

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #1,640 of 3,671
  After a few days of use I've decided that while I'm not exactly thrilled with the bass, everything else is pretty sweet and I'll probably keep them. There's just too much bass and it's not tight. I think the looseness of the bass accentuates the actual boost in an unflattering way. I  eq'ed the bass down a bit which tightened things up. 
I can deal with the bass issue but there's one problem that might make me return these. Connectivity while walking around is rough. I don't know if it's a Bluetooth issue or a ANC issue. I'm leaning ANC issue but I'm not sure. My feeling is when the mics pick up wind noise, even just walking into a slight breeze, it can throw the noise canceling for a loop causing static and skipping. When used in my apt, my office or in the subway the connection is fine, but if I'm walking down the street it's no bueno. Or it could be a Bluetooth connectivity issue when my phone is in my pocket. Not sure if this is a design limitation or there's something wrong with my pair.

Most likely BT. I was also wondering if it was ANC or BT at first and did some testing and it became quite obvious that it was BT. In my case walking in a city and and at every time I crossed a road I got severe stuttering.

I got my pair of Sennheisers back today and they couldn´t find anything wrong with them and I had to return them, a premium pair of headphones should not have that bad BT.

If you stay inside and don´t use them when walking in a city I really think they are great, but my use case is exactly that, I wanted to use them when getting to and from work and they were useless to me. I would not be surprised if they release an updated version of these headphones with properly implemented BT, that would be perfect to me.

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #1,641 of 3,671
I reluctantly requested a refund from BAy Bloor Radio because of the Bluetooth issues. Like I said before, they work great at home inside the house but intermittently stutter while outside, completely breaking immersion.
I love the sound and comfort but I expect near perfection, especially with the Bluetooth connection for $500.
I can't see sennheiser coming out with a 2nd revision to address BT issues unfortunately. This would indicate fault with the 1st revision then they'd be on the hook to replace them.
Sad.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #1,642 of 3,671
I reluctantly requested a refund from BAy Bloor Radio because of the Bluetooth issues. Like I said before, they work great at home inside the house but intermittently stutter while outside, completely breaking immersion.
I love the sound and comfort but I expect near perfection, especially with the Bluetooth connection for $500.
I can't see sennheiser coming out with a 2nd revision to address BT issues unfortunately. This would indicate fault with the 1st revision then they'd be on the hook to replace them.
Sad.

I think this has been mentioned before, but can a firmware update fix this problem?

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #1,646 of 3,671
I posted this question in the Apple Support Community so hopefully Apple will pick this up:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/28122756#28122756

If it doesn't I have just purchased an avantree Saturn pro Bluetooth for my iPod classic and works perfectly on my retina MacBook Pro. Obviously ideally I wouldn't want a Bluetooth transmitter sticking on of the headphone port but it is a work around if you want to use the headphones on your macbook

Apr 24, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #1,648 of 3,671

I think this has been mentioned before, but can a firmware update fix this problem?

The firmware CAN be updated, but as [u][color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]HotShotMedic[/color][/u] said, it is very unlikely that software could fix this issue. I would assume that if it could, Sennheiser would have been all over it by now. They are very aware of the situation (from reading posts on here), but are reluctant to comment on the issue, except to say that it is normal interference.

I don't think the issue will be addressed, because (as was mentioned), that would make them responsible for ALL of the headphones they have sold thus far, and that would be a VERY expensive venture to say the least (this all being my opinion, of course). On the other hand, I am not sure of the total amount of people that are having issues. Though it might seem there is a lot of talk on here about this issue, the number of people that are actually experiencing this issue seems to be pretty low. I realize this doesn't sound fair to the people that are really having issues.

I remember when the Zune HD came out. There were issues with it that, in some cases, were fatal (as far as the functionality of the device was concerned), but there weren't enough of them (in the overall total of devices sold), to take action, and so the problem was pretty much ignored. I would say simply, if you are not happy with the performance, send them back and get the Sony, or Parrot Zik, or Symphony 1 and be happy with your investment, because that is what it is all about is what YOU like in the end.  

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #1,649 of 3,671
Its not funny, i believe it is. They have wireless transmitters on them, and probably are interfering with the signal.

I know very little about radio waves bur there has also been speculation that the walls help the BT by bouncing off them and another thing could be that you get a lot of new radio signals when walking out of radio shadowm between walls. And then it could be traffic lights. Some radion wave guru could probably give more insight, I guess some experimenting could also give more insight, Sennheiser will probably keep silent about this though, they are working as intended according to them.

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #1,650 of 3,671

I know very little about radio waves bur there has also been speculation that the walls help the BT by bouncing off them and another thing could be that you get a lot of new radio signals when walking out of radio shadowm between walls. And then it could be traffic lights. Some radion wave guru could probably give more insight, I guess some experimenting could also give more insight, Sennheiser will probably keep silent about this though, they are working as intended according to them.

Whatever the cause, it is clear that it is an issue with Sennhesier's implementation of BT.  This conclusion is borne out by some simple facts  - using a pair of Sony MDR-10RBT BT headphones, I have never encountered any stutters or interruptions when walking, crossing roads, on public transport, etc.  When using the M2s, as documented many times in this thread, I have had stuttering and interference in all those situations.  Source has not changed - a Sony Xperia Z3 compact phone.  

The major distinction between the tech in the two headphones is that the Sony uses BT 3.0, the M2 BT4.0.  Perhaps it is an issue related to BT4.0?  I note the Parrot Zik 2.0, praised in this and other threads, is a BT 3.0 device.  I also note, if Sony's online spec sheets are accurate, that the soon-to-be-released Sony MDR-1ABT is a BT3.0 device as well.  May be simple coincidence, but interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back