Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 10, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #1,351 of 3,671
I have read this thread and asked this question a few times but I haven't got a reply yet. So I will try one last time :wink: How good does the microphone works outside? It's usually windy here, so it's most interesting to know if it works good during windy circumstances.

Well that is pretty much the only thing i have not tried. I have no use for a microphone at all, sorry :frowning2: Maybe i can try some Messenger calls later just for you

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #1,352 of 3,671
Well that is pretty much the only thing i have not tried. I have no use for a microphone at all, sorry
frown.gif
Maybe i can try some Messenger calls later just for you

That would be awesome! :)

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #1,353 of 3,671
Well that is pretty much the only thing i have not tried. I have no use for a microphone at all, sorry
frown.gif
Maybe i can try some Messenger calls later just for you

It works pretty well...I live in a flat open location and it is almost always windy. I have never had anyone say they can't hear me.

That would be awesome! :)

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,357 of 3,671
I now have the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 wired version. It is much more comfortable than the original momentum, I can actually wear these with my glasses on without pain.

The sound is similar to the original Momentum, but bigger and more refined. Deeper thumping bass that is a little bit tighter and does not bleed over into the mid range. The mid range is absolutely beautiful. Maybe a bit more forward and energetic and clear than the original Momentum.

The treble is also more natural and clear. You don't have that big dip at 6000 kHz like you did with the original.

The momentum 2.0 only comes with one cable, people might want to buy a second cable, and I think a cable from the original momentum will work on here too.

The soundstage is a little wider also, probably because the earcups are bigger and your ear is a little further from the driver.

I traded two original momentums and a couple of lesser headphones to get these, and I think it was worth it.

Honestly, the Momentum 2.0 sounds more like the Sennheiser HD 650 than the original did. I have the 650 also, and I will do head-to-head sound comparisons to see if my gut hunch is right about that

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #1,358 of 3,671

Just installed the BT800. At first had some pairing trouble. Put the headphone in pairing mode first, then the dongle; didn't work. Reversed order worked fine; took a while longer than pairing with eg smartphone though.

Works fantastic now; none of the issues like with the bth-500. Skype work fine too; although you can clearly hear it switch to lower bandwidth. 

The 800 is clearly meant for more professional market; regarding e.g. 'functional' package design. Via google I found it for 69 euro and, even if the FW of the BTH500 was repaired, would recommend the 800 because of size. Definately if you are going to use it in a laptop. 

I didn't test the range of the 500 (couldn't) but the 800 seems to be approx 10m. Fine when working behind the computer and walking in the same room. Not for 'full house' coverage. 

How is the sound quality with the BTD 800? As I understand, it doesn't support apt-X, so I wouldn't expect it to sound any better than most computers' built-in Bluetooth.

Apr 10, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #1,359 of 3,671
  How is the sound quality with the BTD 800? As I understand, it doesn't support apt-X, so I wouldn't expect it to sound any better than most computers' built-in Bluetooth.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/global-downloads/file/3130/Quick_guide_BTD_800_Dongle.pdf

Apr 10, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,361 of 3,671
Apr 10, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #1,362 of 3,671
I see no mention of apt-X, or any audio codec information at all in that guide, so that doesn't really answer my question.

Let me rephrase it:
To my understanding, the BTD 800 does not support apt-X. How would you rate the audio quality of the BTD 800 compared with an apt-X source, or if you don't have one available, the wired USB connection?

Look better.
Where they explain the meaning of the different way the LED can flash.

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #1,363 of 3,671
Just received my 2nd pair of M2s.

Did a full 3hr charge (per the instruction manual) and redid my same 15-20ft bluetooth test.

Same issue. Audio still skips (not quite as bad as 1st pair) even when simply reaching up to adjust the volume. I've also upgraded my Note 3 to android 5.0 since the last pair which I'd hoped would help.

NFC pairing is similary not very sensitive. Had to remove cell phone case again just to pair them but the phone pairs just fine with other NFC devices even with the case on.

Also noticing some irregularities in the obviously handmade earcups. Nothing serious, just highlights the physical differences between each set of M2s.

Sound is still very good over wireless but I'm cautious about the long-term bluetooth use. Don't plan on being 20ft away from my phone outside so I need to test these out and about to see how well they work and determine if I'll keep them.

Can't wait to try Denon's GC20. If they sound great and are built as well as they look, the M2s will go back for good.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #1,364 of 3,671
Look better.
Where they explain the meaning of the different way the LED can flash.

Interesting. Evidently my phone's find in page doesn't work very well on PDFs...

I will have to check the full manual again then, since I didn't see any mention of apt-X last time I checked, and a Sennheiser support rep told me the BTD 800 did not support it.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #1,365 of 3,671
Interesting. Evidently my phone's find in page doesn't work very well on PDFs...

I will have to check the full manual again then, since I didn't see any mention of apt-X last time I checked, and a Sennheiser support rep told me the BTD 800 did not support it.
the fact is, they're specifically made for some Sennheiser business headset which as far as i know do not support as APTX (being headsets not headphones, made to talk, not for music).
So I've also always thought that they do not support APTX and i never interested myself.
But i can't believe that Sennheiser would publish a reference guide with such an error.
If they did, not only are they objectionable for that, but also for suggesting a book APTX and non AAC adapter for the M2.
This would be unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back