Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 30, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #1,171 of 3,671
Got a refund. May consider purchasing again later from somewhere I can do an extensive demo. Missing them already, as comfortable, well put together headphones with great SQ, at least in the home environment.

Don't want to rub it in, but I am setting here with my M2s, wired coming  off the 02-0DAC, playing Flac files on my PC..sheer joy. I have absolutely no BT ISSUES, no BT connections problems what so ever. My M2 just performs, BT and wired!!
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #1,173 of 3,671
Got a refund. May consider purchasing again later from somewhere I can do an extensive demo. Missing them already, as comfortable, well put together headphones with great SQ, at least in the home environment.

Don't want to rub it in, but I am setting here with my M2s, wired coming  off the 02-0DAC, playing Flac files on my PC..sheer joy. I have absolutely no BT ISSUES, no BT connections problems what so ever. My M2 just performs, BT and wired!!
wink.gif

Lucky you. I'm tempted now to go for the wired version.

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #1,174 of 3,671

As for the connection issues, I will try altering power setting savings on my phone to see if that has any effect, in reference to the suggestions earlier in the thread.

Just a quick heads up. Tried to disable every power saving setting, made no difference. Still BT dropouts in the city.
Would love to know if anyone has gotten rid of their BT issues by getting a replacement, so far the one I can remember getting a replacement had the same issues with his second pair.

Mar 30, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #1,175 of 3,671
Lucky you. I'm tempted now to go for the wired version.

Man, you gotta get the BT version..
biggrin.gif
the BT is icing on the cake.. I use BT more than wired..And as you have read, BT with my M2 has been flawless.. I use a Note 4, and flac files..

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #1,176 of 3,671
I got my pair of M2 Wireless (Ivory) last friday, and so far I'm not satisfied with the Bluetooth. I've reported them defective and will get a new pair this week, hopefully those will work properly.

Personally I really like the ANC, it's more subtle than Bose and while perhaps not as effective it also doesn't give the same "popping ear" effect. When I was walking around town I kind of didn't notice how effective the ANC was until I removed them for a little while and all of a sudden there were all sorts of background noise I hadn't heard before.

The sound is also really good. It's kind of expected considering the "Sennheiser" brand, but still worth mentioning. :)

So back to the problem. The Bluetooth. Honestly I don't think I've ever tried a pair of Bluetooth headsets with this poor reception. I could even get it to lose connection indoors with the phone (Lumia 930/Icon) next to me on the sofa (!) or with a Nexus 7 2013 tablet in my left back pocket while talking around the apartment. That's just completely unacceptable IMHO.

And when you go outside it's much worse. I usually have my phone in my front left pocket, and it's still kind of cold here so I have a sweater and jacket on. That's a bad combination for the M2 Wireless. It's constantly losing connection when walking around the city Moving my phone to my front right pocket made things better, but it's still losing connection and glitching out way more than what is acceptable. It seems to predominantly have problems with changing environments, like when you exit a building. Or crossing a road.

Considering they are about the most expensive Bluetooth headphones on the market I expect them to perform at least as well as a $20 Sony Bluetooth->3.5mm stereo plug adapter. Hopefully the replacement pair is better.

I should also mention that I noticed a big difference in playing back podcasts and playing Spotify. I assume the music is higher bitrate and that causes more problems.

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #1,178 of 3,671
I got my pair of M2 Wireless (Ivory) last friday, and so far I'm not satisfied with the Bluetooth. I've reported them defective and will get a new pair this week, hopefully those will work properly.

Personally I really like the ANC, it's more subtle than Bose and while perhaps not as effective it also doesn't give the same "popping ear" effect. When I was walking around town I kind of didn't notice how effective the ANC was until I removed them for a little while and all of a sudden there were all sorts of background noise I hadn't heard before.

The sound is also really good. It's kind of expected considering the "Sennheiser" brand, but still worth mentioning. :)

So back to the problem. The Bluetooth. Honestly I don't think I've ever tried a pair of Bluetooth headsets with this poor reception. I could even get it to lose connection indoors with the phone (Lumia 930/Icon) next to me on the sofa (!) or with a Nexus 7 2013 tablet in my left back pocket while talking around the apartment. That's just completely unacceptable IMHO.

And when you go outside it's much worse. I usually have my phone in my front left pocket, and it's still kind of cold here so I have a sweater and jacket on. That's a bad combination for the M2 Wireless. It's constantly losing connection when walking around the city Moving my phone to my front right pocket made things better, but it's still losing connection and glitching out way more than what is acceptable. It seems to predominantly have problems with changing environments, like when you exit a building. Or crossing a road.

Considering they are about the most expensive Bluetooth headphones on the market I expect them to perform at least as well as a $20 Sony Bluetooth->3.5mm stereo plug adapter. Hopefully the replacement pair is better.

I should also mention that I noticed a big difference in playing back podcasts and playing Spotify. I assume the music is higher bitrate and that causes more problems.

This was my experience of the BT connection also, which is why I reluctantly took them back y'day. Some people appear luckier than others, but, for me it was just as you describe it here. Today, used by Sony MDR10RBT headphones for the same journey as I took my M2s on yday. In contrast, perfect connection maintained throughout by the Sonys as opposed to constant dropouts and warbling ANC induced artifacts with the M2s. In my three day experience of them, only time BT worked fault free was contacted to my 2013 Macbook Air sitting at my office desk.

I do hope this is a Qc issue that can be resolved. I mias the comfort, look and sound quality of the M2s, but not it's dreadful BT connection issues.

Mar 31, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #1,179 of 3,671
I really hope the pair I ordered will be fault free, I'd hate to go through the hassle of an online return or exchange.
It's strange that none of the reviews mention this issue, that gives me some confidence that the problem may not be too widespread and only a small number of units are affected

I'll be doing some in depth testing when I receive them, that's for sure. I only have i-devices and an MSI gaming laptop to test em on.

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #1,180 of 3,671
The M2 Wireless 2.0 is too expensive for me now, but I'm thinking to purchase it somewhere in the future (where it may get cheaper or I have more money available :xf_eek:).

Can it be used as a computer headset for gaming as well? I mean it does have a mic, does it?
Can someone please answer?

And how would you generally rate the Momentum 2.0, vs Parrot ZIK 2.0 and the Sony ones?

Mar 31, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #1,182 of 3,671
Can someone please answer?

And how would you generally rate the Momentum 2.0, vs Parrot ZIK 2.0 and the Sony ones?

It has a mic built into the earcup so you could use it as a headset connected via Bluetooth to your computer. Or you can even use the inline remote cable and connect it to a splitter and plug into your computers audio and mic ports. The Momentums sound the best to my ears with a very good balance overall. The sony mdr-1abt are bit too bassy and muddy sounding for my tastes. I tried to test the ziks out but they are so small they do not even fit my head, the earcups simply do not extend down far enough.

Mar 31, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #1,183 of 3,671
It has a mic built into the earcup so you could use it as a headset connected via Bluetooth to your computer. Or you can even use the inline remote cable and connect it to a splitter and plug into your computers audio and mic ports.

Have you, or someone else, tried the earcup-mic outside? Is it good? I'm specially interested if it works good under windy conditions.

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #1,184 of 3,671
Anybody with Galaxy Note 4 or Galaxy S5 having BT issues with Momentum 2 Wireless?  I'm starting to think that perhaps I'm one of the few who doesn't experience BT problem because Sammy boosted BT signal power of their Note 4 and S5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back