Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Mar 3, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #736 of 3,671
  So I've used the M2 Wireless for about a weeks and a half now. 

1) Whenever the headphones are on, there is a slight hiss in the background. I assume it's from the ANC circuitry. The hiss is noticeable even with music playing (Tested on LG G3 and MBA 2103 with 10.10.2). .Anyone else noticed this?

2) When the headphones are fully charged, the BT cut-outs with APTX enabled go away after some time, 2-5 minutes or so. But when you pause and play again, the stuttering returns. 

3) Turning off the APTX eliminates the stuttering. 

4) any strong (close positioning of router) Wi-fi or LTE interference the BT stuttering more frequent.

Would like to heard other comments. Has anyone used these HP with Xperia Z3? Any BT stuttering on that phone? Thanks! 
L3000.gif

Hi, mine is paired with the Z3. I do get quite a lot of stuttering but mainly out in the open when my Z3 is in my jacket or jeans. Sadly, I need to carry the phone out in my hands to avoid the stuttering...

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #738 of 3,671
  Holy cow these things are $799 here in australia! That seems insanely expensive to me. They better sound a heck of a lot better than the original model to justify that price 
eek.gif

I am also from Australia and quite keen to get my hands on a pair of the Over Ear Wireless, I have reached out to Sennheiser in regards to availability and pricing but never heard back... Did you hear about the $799 from Sennheiser or a third party? If that is true I might just have to wait and pick a pair up in June when I go to the US

Mar 3, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #739 of 3,671
Own them for about a week.
Haven't tested them outside of my "office" yet, but what I noticed using them inside - I'm also having issue with BT "stuttering" using all sorts of iDevices. 

SQ on new Momentums vs Old... Hard to tell, currently I would dare to say that the new one is a little bit worse. But that's my opinion (or that's what my ears are telling to my brain)...
Old ones sounded a little bit clearer to me. Probably the issue with ANC? Keeping it short - will see how they sound after month or so.

ANC possibilities I will check only at the end of the month (turbo-prop planes - HP love them)...

Today probably is that day when I whine a lot so I will continue.

Build quality - good, perfect I would say.

Ergonomics (comfort of use) - disappointed. I was hoping that on M2 they will put larger ear cups and they did it, but they are too shallow for my ears. Now the ear cups are covering my ears nicely and tightly, but now my ears are in close contact with transducers and after some 40min. my ears start to hurt...

Battery life - good, 2 full days (8-10 hours listening x 2). The only thing which I don't understand - what they don't shut down automatically when not in use? At least that's what happened yesterday. Went to bed and suddenly some on is speaking with me from the other side of the room "recharge headset"! 

Overall my first impressions - good HP, would I recommend them to others - YES and NO and that's because of the price (here ~450-500 EUR). They are overall good, but at some point they are just killing and annoying me. BUT I had almost the same impressions about M1 and now I love them 
blink.gif
 Do I regret my purchase - definitely NO. 

At the end I would like to say just one - I'm not a professional, I'm a total novice in this HP field and that's why I'm posting my first impressions. Maybe for someone like me it will be useful. 

These, are my mixed thoughts on this case.

P.S.
Maybe will post second short review after a month or so.

Warm greetings,
RolisB

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #740 of 3,671
Anybody tried the beoplay h8? I hope they do comparison between h8 and momentum... They have same price... But h8 is already available here in singapore with price tag of S$700... Maybe when they release momentum wireless here it will be around same price... Quite heavy price for HP..

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #741 of 3,671

I am also from Australia and quite keen to get my hands on a pair of the Over Ear Wireless, I have reached out to Sennheiser in regards to availability and pricing but never heard back... Did you hear about the $799 from Sennheiser or a third party? If that is true I might just have to wait and pick a pair up in June when I go to the US

That is the price i got from addictedtoaudio.com.au who have them in stock by the looks of it. The regular momentum 2 is $499 which i think is a bit steep as well.

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #742 of 3,671
Anybody tried the beoplay h8? I hope they do comparison between h8 and momentum... They have same price... But h8 is already available here in singapore with price tag of S$700... Maybe when they release momentum wireless here it will be around same price... Quite heavy price for HP..

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-27/review-the-top-5-wireless-noise-canceling-headphones

Not tried them but they're on ear (seems odd for ANC), not sure about the look, bit of elevated bass apparently and lower sound quality.

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #743 of 3,671

I called Sennheiser Australia up a while ago and they gave me the same price of $799. Its cos of our dollar. It's still dropping like crazy. Would have been $650 max last year I reckon (similar to the RS 220). They told me it should be available end of March or early April but that was a few weeks ago and things might have changed since then.

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #745 of 3,671

That is the price i got from addictedtoaudio.com.au who have them in stock by the looks of it. The regular momentum 2 is $499 which i think is a bit steep as well.

Quote:

I called Sennheiser Australia up a while ago and they gave me the same price of $799. Its cos of our dollar. It's still dropping like crazy. Would have been $650 max last year I reckon (similar to the RS 220). They told me it should be available end of March or early April but that was a few weeks ago and things might have changed since then.

Thanks Chailee80, I have been searching for an Australian retailer that even acknowledges the new ones are coming! I just can't seem to understand how they got to the pricing of the wireless model, when you consider the US RRP is $399 and $499 how they wound up at $499 and $799 AUD is beyond me.  

The wired model at $499 gives an indirect exchange rate of ~0.79c which is about on par with the current rate but the AUD would have to fall to ~0.62c to make the $799  wireless model priced on par. A $650 or at most $699 price point would have made much more sense...

Looks like I will be picking a pair up in the US unless Sennheiser corrects the pricing error.

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #746 of 3,671

Thanks Chailee80, I have been searching for an Australian retailer that even acknowledges the new ones are coming! I just can't seem to understand how they got to the pricing of the wireless model, when you consider the US RRP is $399 and $499 how they wound up at $499 and $799 AUD is beyond me.  

The wired model at $499 gives an indirect exchange rate of ~0.79c which is about on par with the current rate but the AUD would have to fall to ~0.62c to make the $799  wireless model priced on par. A $650 or at most $699 price point would have made much more sense...

Looks like I will be picking a pair up in the US unless Sennheiser corrects the pricing error.

It's not just the exchange rate that is factored in. There is the import taxes and shipping charges to bring them here (which would be a fair bit for a bulk buy of headphones), local distributer's profit and shop's profit. Then of course there is the standard extreme mark up that everything here seems to have thrown in on top of it. And the wireless model having no similar competitors makes it easier for them to mark it up further. Past high end wireless Sennheiser headphones had a similar mark up when you take out the exchange rate factor. Also the US RRP of the wired model is $349 not $399

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #747 of 3,671

Yes, I preferred the design and comfort of the M2 but the sound quality of H8. The H8 has broader support and fullness on the lower end, which I prefer...others may not. My, along with other reviews can be found on the H8 thread.

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #748 of 3,671

That's surprisingly low already for the H8. The UK price is about S$830! I usually try to buy my tech stuff back home in Singapore because of the tax here in the UK but with the Momentum Wireless I couldn't wait. I'm curious to know the SG price for these...

Mar 3, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #749 of 3,671
  Would like to hear other comments. Has anyone used these HP with Xperia Z3? Any BT stuttering on that phone?

Yes and yes, see my impressions further back.

Hi, mine is paired with the Z3. I do get quite a lot of stuttering but mainly out in the open when my Z3 is in my jacket or jeans. Sadly, I need to carry the phone out in my hands to avoid the stuttering...

Out of curiosity, do any of you plan on returning/exchanging your M2 Wireless? Because I'm currently weighing the inconvenience of an exchange, but I'm skeptical of whether a new unit would improve this issue.

Mar 3, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #750 of 3,671
So my co-worker got his M2 wireless today and I was able to briefly try it out. The ANC is very nice! I don't own any other headphone with ANC and I've only briefly tried the Bose QC25 but it was able to cut out a significant portion of the noise from a lab that had maybe 20+ computers and a bunch of servers in it. With music playing I heard none of the fans from all the machines. I also tried walking to the far end of the lab which was maybe 40 feet away and it only barely started to drop out at the end when paired with a first gen ipad. When I paired it with my LG G3 there was a couple of seconds of stuttering but then no problems after that. I had my G3 about arms length away for that. Other than that comfort was great and I thought it sounded great (at least better in both comfort and sound quality than the V-moda M100 that I very briefly owned). Can't wait till mine arrives!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back