Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 26, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #661 of 3,671
Just got this:

Thank you for contacting the Sennheiser Technical Support Team. The second generation MOMENTUM headphones offer a foldable headband and larger ear cups and is available in both Apple ("i") and Android ("g") variants.

The sound signature of the second generation MOMENTUM is the same as the original MOMENTUM headphones.

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #662 of 3,671
  Sonically, both versions produce similar outputs. The main difference between the two is the cable.  

Hi Rosamadi,

Can I suggest that you have your folks work with Amazon to fix their listings for the various variants of the Momentum 2.0s?  The product title should clearly state whether the customer is looking at the iOS or Android version (they all currently share the same product title).  You have to read the fine print in the product description in order to figure out which one you're actually putting in your shopping cart.

Thanks!

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #663 of 3,671
Just got this:

Thank you for contacting the Sennheiser Technical Support Team. The second generation MOMENTUM headphones offer a foldable headband and larger ear cups and is available in both Apple ("i") and Android ("g") variants.

The sound signature of the second generation MOMENTUM is the same as the original MOMENTUM headphones.

Lies!  :)

At least for me the around ear M2 sounds different from the originals with respect to the bass and soundstage.  I tried a pair of the original Momentums and ended up not buying them because the bass was too loose and the sound was too congested for my liking.  I find the M2 noticeably improved in this regard.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #664 of 3,671
  Lies!  :)

At least for me the around ear M2 sounds different from the originals with respect to the bass and soundstage.  I tried a pair of the original Momentums and ended up not buying them because the bass was too loose and the sound was too congested for my liking.  I find the M2 noticeably improved in this regard.

Oops, their response was based on my question concerning the On-Ear not Over-the-Ear.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #665 of 3,671
I think the insertion on the cable effectively turns the M2's off, like airplane mode?

From the pcmag review:
. Unlike some wireless headphones that ship with cables, the Momentum Wireless doesn't automatically power down when the cable is attached, so you'll need to do so yourself in order to preserve battery life. However, the Bluetooth connection is disabled when a cable is connected, and auto-connects when you pull out the cable. This allows you to use the noise cancellation circuitry when the headphones are powered up with a cable connected.

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #669 of 3,671
Amazon has the M2 over-ear wireless at $395.96 (sold/shipped by amazon but temp out of stock; can still be ordered if u select amazon as seller).

Black
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SNI44CQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ivory
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-M2-AEBT-Ivory-Cancelation/dp/B00SOM7YWI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0DY29DSE6ZECM3GE7XMS

I placed an order to try them out. Never kept to original over-ear Momentums due to comfort issues. Hope these are much improved comfort and hope wireless works well for me.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #670 of 3,671
I'm thinking of getting the standard non-wireless version. Is the passive isolation enough to comfortably listen on an airplane without blasting the volume?

The passive noise isolation on the Momentum over-ear is pretty poor in my opinion. I don't know what this "NoiseGard" trickery Sennheiser is trumpeting is supposed to be doing, but it's not working. I've tried headphones half the price with clearly better noise isolation.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #671 of 3,671
  Amazon has the M2 over-ear wireless at $395.96 (sold/shipped by amazon but temp out of stock; can still be ordered if u select amazon as seller).

Black
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SNI44CQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ivory
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-M2-AEBT-Ivory-Cancelation/dp/B00SOM7YWI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0DY29DSE6ZECM3GE7XMS

I placed an order to try them out. Never kept to original over-ear Momentums due to comfort issues. Hope these are much improved comfort and hope wireless works well for me.

Is this the Apple or Android version? It looks like only the wired-only versions on Amazon specify if they include the iOS or Android cable.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was clarified earlier in the thread that it's a plain cable with buttons on the headphone itself.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #674 of 3,671
  Yeah, I was looking for the wireless version with android wire too. Wonder if the the ear cup buttons work in wired mode? Guess I'll have to find out.

They don't. They are Bluetooth buttons that work over the AVRCP protocol only. Also, even though the headphones can remain turned on in wired mode for the ANC, Bluetooth is shut off immediately once you plug in the cable so it will no longer be connected wirelessly to your device and Bluetooth controls won't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back