Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Feb 27, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #676 of 3,671
I discovered some functionality today. If you want to activate Google Now or Cortana (don't have an iPhone but I'm guessing Siri would be the same), you need to first pause your music then press and hold the play button. Two chimes will sound if you don't let go and then nothing will happen, so you must release after the first one and then it will activate voice control.

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #677 of 3,671
Wow Amazon is selling for $395.. wonder if Crutchfield would price match. that a big price gap from the $499 i paid in such a short time.

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #678 of 3,671
I called Crutchfield and they said they don't price match other websites but the ended up giving me a 50 dollar credit.

I took that deal because 500 no tax is better than 400 plus tax and going through the process of returning the ones I already have. Plus who knows when amazon is going to get them back in.

Let me know what the do for you though, it would suck if they actually did price match them for someone else and not me.

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #679 of 3,671
  Wow Amazon is selling for $395.. wonder if Crutchfield would price match. that a big price gap from the $499 i paid in such a short time.

I saw that too, and actually wondered if it was a mistake on Amazon's part.  Maybe they got the models mixed up. 

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #680 of 3,671
The passive noise isolation on the Momentum over-ear is pretty poor in my opinion. I don't know what this "NoiseGard" trickery Sennheiser is trumpeting is supposed to be doing, but it's not working. I've tried headphones half the price with clearly better noise isolation.

"NoiseGard" is no trickery, it is the active noise cancelling feature (and it actually works pretty well, though not as well as Bose QC25's). The "passive" noise cancellation that you are referring to, and ANC are 2 different things. With that in mind, maybe give them another shot (with ANC on), and let us know what you think?!

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #681 of 3,671
  Amazon has the M2 over-ear wireless at $395.96 (sold/shipped by amazon but temp out of stock; can still be ordered if u select amazon as seller).

Black
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SNI44CQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ivory
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-M2-AEBT-Ivory-Cancelation/dp/B00SOM7YWI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0DY29DSE6ZECM3GE7XMS

I placed an order to try them out. Never kept to original over-ear Momentums due to comfort issues. Hope these are much improved comfort and hope wireless works well for me.

I think this was a mistake on Amazon's part. If you look at those links now, they show a pricetag of $499 not $395.....

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #683 of 3,671

I think this was a mistake on Amazon's part. If you look at those links now, they show a pricetag of $499 not $395.....

It's possible, but the $395 price was there for over 12hrs. Placed my order in case it was a mistake since amazon almost always fills completed orders no matter the price listed. My order at $395 for the over-ear wireless M2 is still good.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #684 of 3,671

It's possible, but the $395 price was there for over 12hrs. Placed my order in case it was a mistake since amazon almost always fills completed orders no matter the price listed. My order at $395 for the over-ear wireless M2 is still good.

I agree, if you had the order in, and have the email reciept, then you are all set... Good for you <he says with much jealousy>!

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #685 of 3,671
The passive noise isolation on the Momentum over-ear is pretty poor in my opinion. I don't know what this "NoiseGard" trickery Sennheiser is trumpeting is supposed to be doing, but it's not working. I've tried headphones half the price with clearly better noise isolation.

"NoiseGard" is no trickery, it is the active noise cancelling feature (and it actually works pretty well, though not as well as Bose QC25's). The "passive" noise cancellation that you are referring to, and ANC are 2 different things. With that in mind, maybe give them another shot (with ANC on), and let us know what you think?!

I was under the impression that NoiseGard referred to the passive noise isolation design. Regardless, as I've stated in previous posts, the ANC itself is decent but nothing spectacular. And if one has a non-wireless model and is relying solely on noise isolation, don't expect much.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #686 of 3,671
I was under the impression that NoiseGard referred to the passive noise isolation design. Regardless, as I've stated in previous posts, the ANC itself is decent but nothing spectacular. And if one has a non-wireless model and is relying solely on noise isolation, don't expect much.

Huh...the isolation is really good on the wired model....

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #687 of 3,671
Feb 28, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #688 of 3,671
First off, I'm loving these. Ear cups are a huge improvement over the M1. Noise canceling is outstanding in my opinion. So far, I've mainly been utilizing the Bluetooth side of these, not the wired. I've been impressed. My only question is how to boost the volume on a Mac. I have the system volume up all the way, and it's not quite as much as I'd like. Is there a program or utility anyone suggests? Would like to take advantage of the Aptx on the computer. Thanks.

Feb 28, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #689 of 3,671
So after some more use I have been noticing more discomfort with the Momentum wireless, not due to the ear pads necessarily but a combination of things. Its heavy with a relatively strong clamping pressure and the ear pads are big so it makes things very hot after about an hour. The noise canceling is ok at best. I purchased the Bose Quietcomfort 25 from a local Best Buy because I started to realize what I want is really great noise canceling/comfort and was willing to sacrifice sound quality. 

The QC25s have much better noise canceling than the Momentum wireless. It is very distinguishable. I went outside where there is a really loud fan near a apartment building, the Momentums were maybe able to reduce approx 50% of the fan noise, the Bose cut down by approx 80%. The QC25s are all plastic so they are quite a bit lighter with less clamp and a thinner ear pad helping reduce that heat with longer use. 

In terms of audio performance there is no argument, the Momentum Wireless is a much better headphone, add the fact that the QC25s don't have bluetooth and it makes for a better argument to get the Momentums. For me though, portability/noise canceling/comfort were a big part of this specific headphone purchase and the Bose wins. Its a huge let down that the QC25s don't have bluetooth or a rechargeable battery, but im heavily leaning towards returning the Momentum Wireless and keeping the Bose. Also the bose are quite a bit smaller / more portable for placing in a backpack or briefcase.

Noise canceling:
Bose>Zick 2> Momentum Wireless>Beats Studio

Audio performance:
Momentum Wireless>Zik 2> Bose>Beats studio

Comfort (big'ish ears and head):
Bose> Momentum Wireless>Beats Studio> Zik 2

Portability (overall size and case):
Bose>Beats Studio>Momentum Wireless> Zik 2

Build Quality:
Momentum Wireless> Bose>Beats Studio>Zik 2 (because of the easily damaged ear cup hinge)

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #690 of 3,671
I haven't been following the game for much recently but I just crashed into the Momentum Wireless's so I'm dying to get more detail on their sound signature in comparison to the V Moda M100s. They're my current go to pair so can anyone fill me in perchance? I tried to skip around the 46 pages to find some info but I couldn't find anything. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back