Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jan 21, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #32 of 3,671
Hmm..VMINNOVATIONS is a legit seller as far as my and all other (excluding your ) experiences I've read about. They often have refurbished and open box items, but they are legit.

Perhaps your differences in sound were due to differences in the rest of your source chain feeding the Momentums? This isn't the thread to discuss this. I just wanted to post back stating my different (positive) experiences with VMINNOVATIONS' website (not their ebay store).

Yeah, that whole story probably doesn't belong on this thread...sorry :/
But what exactly do you mean by source chain feeding the Momentums? I tried them out with my laptop (Retina Macbook Pro) and iPhone.

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #33 of 3,671
Yeah, that whole story probably doesn't belong on this thread...sorry :/
But what exactly do you mean by source chain feeding the Momentums? I tried them out with my laptop (Retina Macbook Pro) and iPhone.

I mean if you changed a variable then it is no longer apples to apples. So your comparison should be the same setup. IPhone listening to the same 320kbps mp3 or flack file as an example.

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #34 of 3,671
I mean if you changed a variable then it is no longer apples to apples. So your comparison should be the same setup. IPhone listening to the same 320kbps mp3 or flack file as an example.

Oh. I remember listening to the Momentums in the Apple Store through my iPhone and remember the song that played was "Insane (feat. Moon Holiday) [L D R U Remix]" by Flume (320kbps). And then some Freelance Whales song... and I'm certain I listened to those same songs with the Momentums from VMInnovations so it's fairly safe to say they weren't the real deal.
...I hope I didn't ruin this thread for people seeking more Momentum 2.0 info :/

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #37 of 3,671
Just got my Momentum Wireless this morning and have been listening to them the past three hours. With wired listening (haven't charged it up yet, and honestly I'll only used powered operation for noise cancellation) relative to the original Momentum (over ear), soundstage is noticeably (though not dramatically) wider if not deeper. Upper octaves do not roll off as dramatically as before–perhaps the result of using leather/leatherette for the inner ear pad surrounds as opposed to the cloth material of the original Momentum–giving the impression of greater detail. Low frequency response also seems more authoritative, digging deeper if not with greater precision. Overall, these remind me of the NAD HP50 in that they are relatively spacious for a relatively compact closed headphone and sound more entertaining than neutral. We'll see if the sound signature changes with playing time, but as is, these are poised to supplant the B&W P7 as my favorite closed headphones.

As for build quality: Superb! Folding hinges are well engineered and machines of metal. The leather used for the ear cups is even nicer than used for the original Momentums.

Well done, Sennheiser!

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #45 of 3,671
Is the sound quality lower over Bluetooth compared to the wires? Did you use an apt-x compatible music source?

I cannot wait to buy them, though I do not know when will these be available in Spain...

I just used a iPhone 6 as the source.

How hot they can get over a long period of time? The Original Momentum never break a sweat on me no matter how long I wear it. So how does this one do with the new earpad?

I will be able to have a long session with them tomorrow. I'll report back if I experience anything.

Origin Scan: Hodgkins, IL

Same here
I ordered directly from Sennheiser. $450 for the wireless. Free ground shipping; $10 3-day select shipping. You can now order the entire lineup directly from Sennheiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back