Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Jan 11, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #17 of 3,671
I remember driving all over town to try on the original Momentums just to find the ear cups were too small for me. . . looking forward to trying these on for size!  My main use is travel, and these might be ideal.  

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #18 of 3,671
I personally thought the previous gen Momentums sounded great for their ESRP of $300! With all the R&D + materials used, I can't see these being any less cheaper than $350, which is unfortunate :'( 

Stock T50rps cost just over $100. My premodded ones cost $189 to the door. Not as portable by any means. But haven't heard a better sounding headphone in person yet (Including the $259 schenhissers. The non momentum kind which can feel a bit cheap)

Although the monentium is a freaking beautifle can. But if you are willing to sacrifice some material quality, there are very good options out there for cheaper

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #19 of 3,671
A Google Shopping search for wireless Sennheiser Momentum turns up prices between $450 and $500. Sellers are saying February 2015 as availibity. Seems like Engadget is probably right about price.

Jan 11, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #20 of 3,671
I really hope they changed the sound signature on the new ones... Some more sparkle on the treble. Tame the bass a tad, perfect headphone would be born.

Jan 12, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #23 of 3,671
What do you like more the sonys or momentums man and why??

I personally preferred the momentums. However, I haven't heard the new sonys and obviously not the new momentums!

My comparison was brief however. Only half an hour. It seems all my issues with the v1 have been solved though. Sound wise is still to be seen.

I'm hoping that the v2 and the wireless are the same cans with just bt added, then passive mode will be mostly used anyway.

I remember reading a review (could be wrong) stating the mdr 1 and the Bluetooth version sounded different. I'm hoping it isn't the case here!

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #24 of 3,671
I never had a sennheiser momentum. Do the wires disconnect at all on the old or new ones?

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #26 of 3,671
So I'm guessing on the new ones they'll disconnect too?

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #28 of 3,671
I have the momentum over ear in black and i personally love them. Cant wait to research what bluetooth Heaphone i should get when the version 2 momentum wireless and Bang and Olfusen H8 come out. Going to be awesome!

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #29 of 3,671
I'm glad they changed the ear cup size, it was my only dislike with Momentums! 

My Momentum story:
So about a month ago I made my first eBay purchase--a pair of brown Momentums. I was skeptical cause the price was so damn good ($156.99) and and the seller was VMInnovations, who I briefly researched...turns out the company has seemingly flawless reviews and is an "Authorized Sennheiser dealer," causing me to take the chance. 
Anyways, when the headphones arrived, they looked/felt completely legit...but after listening to them with some decent (320kbps) music, they sounded way different than the Momentums I had previously experienced at the Apple Store. I know the Apple Store has never displayed Momentums, but an employee opened the box to let me try em' out (from that moment(um) on, my life was changed<3). I'd say the Momentums from VMInnovations sounded slightly worse than my old Skullcandy Aviators, and just about on-par with my friend's Bose SoundTrue headphones, which was no bueno.
It was obvious I received a pair of counterfeits (good ones tho, due to the build quality).
Fortunately, I was able to send them back and get a full refund--VMInnovations does have good customer service. 
So in the end I just realized how dumb I was... I tried to justify the ridiculously cheap price with myself through the fact that the box had already been opened. Shoulda known...
P.S. if anyone was curious about the eBay post I bought from, its the the first one listed when you go to eBay's website and type in "Sennheiser Momentum." Its still there and says it sold 179 of them...damn... 179 people getting boned over by those counterfeits...

SO YEAH, ABOUT THESE NEW MOMENTUMS...

Does anyone know an official release date yet?! I've been scouring the internet everyday for the latest news cause I'm so excited lol. 
And any chance the prices will drop? I'm still willing to bestow $350 upon Sennheiser but it would be nice if they were a little less.

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #30 of 3,671
I'm glad they changed the ear cup size, it was my only dislike with Momentums! 

My Momentum story:
So about a month ago I made my first eBay purchase--a pair of brown Momentums. I was skeptical cause the price was so damn good ($156.99) and and the seller was VMInnovations, who I briefly researched...turns out the company has seemingly flawless reviews and is an "Authorized Sennheiser dealer," causing me to take the chance. 
Anyways, when the headphones arrived, they looked/felt completely legit...but after listening to them with some decent (320kbps) music, they sounded way different than the Momentums I had previously experienced at the Apple Store. I know the Apple Store has never displayed Momentums, but an employee opened the box to let me try em' out (from that moment(um) on, my life was changed<3). I'd say the Momentums from VMInnovations sounded slightly worse than my old Skullcandy Aviators, and just about on-par with my friend's Bose SoundTrue headphones, which was no bueno.
It was obvious I received a pair of counterfeits (good ones tho, due to the build quality).
Fortunately, I was able to send them back and get a full refund--VMInnovations does have good customer service. 
So in the end I just realized how dumb I was... I tried to justify the ridiculously cheap price with myself through the fact that the box had already been opened. Shoulda known...
P.S. if anyone was curious about the eBay post I bought from, its the the first one listed when you go to eBay's website and type in "Sennheiser Momentum." Its still there and says it sold 179 of them...damn... 179 people getting boned over by those counterfeits...

[COLOR=FF0000]SO YEAH, ABOUT THESE NEW MOMENTUMS...[/COLOR]

Does anyone know an official release date yet?! I've been scouring the internet everyday for the latest news cause I'm so excited lol. 
And any chance the prices will drop? I'm still willing to bestow $350 upon Sennheiser but it would be nice if they were a little less.

Hmm..VMINNOVATIONS is a legit seller as far as my and all other (excluding your ) experiences I've read about. They often have refurbished and open box items, but they are legit.

Perhaps your differences in sound were due to differences in the rest of your source chain feeding the Momentums? This isn't the thread to discuss this. I just wanted to post back stating my different (positive) experiences with VMINNOVATIONS' website (not their ebay store).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back