Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 13, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #1,456 of 3,671
Seems reasonable to me. They do suggest looking at the hphones. What would come off that is anyone's guess, though. It is reasonable, but disappointing. I think I'll try contacting Sennheiser too.

I think it would be good for all concerned, if some of these units were sent back to Sennheiser. We should get a better answer/response from them...That would be better than just returning them to the sellers, and getting another unit, and the same thing happens again..

Who among us have returned M2s back to Sennheiser??

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #1,457 of 3,671

That purification system would be nice, I am sure... 
biggrin.gif

Sorry  you M2s are not working out, and IMO, this is really phenomenal.  

First, you got  peeps like me that have NO problems, and the fact, that Sennheiser has sold out, and peeps are standing in line to chunk the full $500 for these. Yet, people are having problems. 

IMO, in order for the above to happen, there must have been some defective units that were sold. to some unlucky buyers. And some of the buyers who return for another one, got another defective unit. That is the only way I can explain this phenomena!! People are not going to spend $500 for a product that doesn't work. A product that doesn't work, would not sell out, and create a long back order..Just my observation..

I will admit, that my opinions were mostly around the SQ of the M2s, which almost everyone agrees is real good. So, the satisfied people most likely are not subject to the interference areas like others, hence the praise for these headphones..

Just trying to find a reason how some people can return 3 or 4 times and experience a problem each time, where others are breaking their necks to pay $500 for these headphones.. Something is really wrong with that picture..

Keep in mind early in the release cycle so supply chains can often be constrained too.  Unless you know exact sell-through numbers, we both must consider that selling out could be as much of an indication of weak supply as it is of strong demand.  i.e. Weak supply doesn't support your thesis of "breaking their necks" as strong demand does.

Other plausible rationale:

1.  People working directly with Sennheiser and not complaining in visible locations online.
2.  First bluetooth headset for people and they are just assuming Sennheiser saying "this is the nature of bluetooth" is how it is.
3.  Different hardware models, internal hardware, and software versions operating the devices can result in varied experiences.
4.  Environmental interference as documented here in the forums in which the Sennheiser is more susceptible.

I don't know the ultimate root cause and really don't need to know it.  However I can irrefutably state that I have had three competing models with less audio problems in the same environment over the last six months.  The only thing that is really different, as far as I am aware, is the software versions of my computer and phone have changed as I regularly update the mobile and computer OS whenever updates are released.

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #1,458 of 3,671
Since I've not read a single experience of people returning their headset because of BT issues and then having it resolved with their replacement headset, I'd say it's fairly safe to assume it's dependant on the particular wireless interference at the location and the specific usage (i.e. the combination of source location, clothing, height and god knows what else will affect the signal travelling across/around the body from the right earcup to the left pocket).

I am now at an experience level where I can fairly accurately predict the places on my daily commute where I will have interference, or the combination of phone location, clothing and head/hand movement needed to do to trigger the BT issues.

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #1,459 of 3,671
  I think it would be good for all concerned, if some of these units were sent back to Sennheiser. We should get a better answer/response from them...That would be better than just returning them to the sellers, and getting another unit, and the same thing happens again..

Who among us have returned M2s back to Sennheiser??

Seems many of us have tried multiple pairs (probably from amazon or other 3rd parties) but the M2 is still selling.

I doubt Sennheiser will do much until enough negative comments hurt the M2 reviews enough to slow sales and make them wonder why.

Problem is, even with the high price and BT issues, its difficult to come down too hard on the M2. It still sounds incredible and is very versatile. There still aren't many headphones of this type from the high-end makers, so the M2's faults are (for now) not enough to boycott it. I'm afraid that, if we did, few other manufacturers will go out on a limb with mid to high-end BT headphones.

Apr 13, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #1,460 of 3,671
Now that my M2s BTs in Ivory are being sold due to discomfort, I'm wondering what else is there really that I can go for Zik 2.0? Is there anything else I should try? Cheers

The Definitive Technology Symphony 1 there is Denon coming out and the, BeoPlay H8.  

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #1,462 of 3,671

I'm anxiously awaiting the Denons (GC20) but something tells me they won't sound quite as good as the M2.

Hope I'm wrong.

Given what we got from them after the D3/5/7k my hopes are not high.

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #1,463 of 3,671
Just trying to find a reason how some people can return 3 or 4 times and experience a problem each time, where others are breaking their necks to pay $500 for these headphones.. Something is really wrong with that picture..

Seriously, I'm dying to buy a set right now, but back ordered until May to July? That's insane. The problems of dropping connection is also concerning, but there is also a large group of buyers that have no problem. Also, Crutchfield is expecting to restock by April 15 but no promises. I'm assuming it's just a hopeful guess.

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #1,464 of 3,671
  Seriously, I'm dying to buy a set right now, but back ordered until May to July? That's insane. The problems of dropping connection is also concerning, but there is also a large group of buyers that have no problem. Also, Crutchfield is expecting to restock by April 15 but no promises. I'm assuming it's just a hopeful guess.

Maybe somebody can contact the "headphone god", and they can explain this phenomena!
biggrin.gif

I am tickled pink with my M2s, also I returned the Definitive Technology Symphony 1 BT headphones, which were a cool $130 cheaper(  I paid $530 for my M2..$30 tax).

Like the gun owners say, the only way they will get my M2s, will be from my cold dead hands!! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #1,465 of 3,671
The definitive technology symphony 1 aren't here in the UK :frowning2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #1,466 of 3,671
H8's are on ear yuck :frowning2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 13, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #1,467 of 3,671

Amazon had 5 pairs of the ivory through one of their retailers earlier today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back