Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless!
Apr 6, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #1,291 of 3,671
  The battery is replaceable although the manual shows no instructions for doing so.
It says you can gets instructions from a service center or Sennheiser if within the warranty period.

With wireless use, noisegard is always on.  With wired use. you can turn it off.

Hm, bummer. No Sennheiser service center within miles of me. Would the mic still work without the battery I wonder. I hope they'll add a toggle feature to the NoiseGard.

Apr 6, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #1,292 of 3,671
Hm, bummer. No Sennheiser service center within miles of me. Would the mic still work without the battery I wonder. I hope they'll add a toggle feature to the NoiseGard.
before the battery dies you'll find a better headphone.
Besides, you've got no many options. The only with removable battery are the parrot zik (and there you need two batteries because one lasts 6 hours), the beoplay h8 (problematic one but maybe you like it) and the old Sennheiser mm400x and mm500x series (450 and 550 if with anc).

The mic on the headphone generally does not work without battery. I suppose that to make it work you'll need a three rings cable, and even so I'm not sure if it would work.
But you can get a cable with mic.
Btw, does the M2 wireless come with a cable with mic?

Anyway, the battery life is good, charge them regularly and you'll need no cable.

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #1,293 of 3,671
Now I've finally received my M2 wireless and I'm having one major problem. Whenever I'm wired and ANC on, I hear some annoying noise which mainly comes from the left earcup. It's not a hiss. The noise didn't come at first. It only happened when I tried listening through usb mode. I eventually gave up on that for a sec and went back to the normal wire. Now, whenever I turn on the ANC with the wire connected, I hear the noise.

Has anyone gotten the same thing?

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #1,294 of 3,671
  Now I've finally received my M2 wireless and I'm having one major problem. Whenever I'm wired and ANC on, I hear some annoying noise which mainly comes from the left earcup. It's not a hiss. The noise didn't come at first. It only happened when I tried listening through usb mode. I eventually gave up on that for a sec and went back to the normal wire. Now, whenever I turn on the ANC with the wire connected, I hear the noise.

Has anyone gotten the same thing?

Now I know where the problem comes from. It's my computer. For whatever reason, the ANC is just not compatible with my computer, even if the M2 is wired to my computer through my x5 in USB DAC mode. Weird. I got no problem with it connected to the x5 alone but when it has any connection to my PC with ANC on, there's the noise.

No noise without ANC though, and no noise with ANC on and wired to x5 only. The noise only comes when it's wired to my PC with ANC on. I wonder if anyone encountered the same problem

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #1,295 of 3,671
before the battery dies you'll find a better headphone.
Besides, you've got no many options. The only with removable battery are the parrot zik (and there you need two batteries because one lasts 6 hours), the beoplay h8 (problematic one but maybe you like it) and the old Sennheiser mm400x and mm500x series (450 and 550 if with anc).

The mic on the headphone generally does not work without battery. I suppose that to make it work you'll need a three rings cable, and even so I'm not sure if it would work.
But you can get a cable with mic.
Btw, does the M2 wireless come with a cable with mic?

Anyway, the battery life is good, charge them regularly and you'll need no cable.

thought the m2 wireless comes with built-in mic.

Anyway, 500 is a bit much for me to consider spending on something that's supposed to last a few years until something better comes along. I shall wait until then I guess

Apr 7, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #1,296 of 3,671
thought the m2 wireless comes with built-in mic.

Anyway, 500 is a bit much for me to consider spending on something that's supposed to last a few years until something better comes along. I shall wait until then I guess

Your money, your needs, your call.
I told you, all other headphones are like that. I also gave you the few which aren't.
You don't know how long they will last, nor if the support can change the battery.

The built in mic needs something to carry its signal. This something is the Bluetooth. No Bluetooth, no mic.
The normal cable only has got two rings, for audio. Cables which can carry mic signal have tree rings. But even if U find a cable with 3 rings which fits in the m2, you don't know if the mic is connected to the 3.5 aux or only to the bt amp...
That's why you need a cable with mic. And this is true for ALL other bt headphones.

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #1,297 of 3,671
I told you, all other headphones are like that. I also gave you the few which aren't.
You don't know how long they will last, nor if the support can change the battery.

The built in mic needs something to carry its signal. This something is the Bluetooth. No Bluetooth, no mic.
The normal cable only has got two rings, for audio. Cables which can carry mic signal have tree rings. But even if U find a cable with 3 rings which fits in the m2, you don't know if the mic is connected to the 3.5 aux or only to the bt amp...
That's why you need a cable with mic. And this is true for ALL other bt headphones.

I would assume that it is connected to the BT amp only. This is what I found with other bluetooth headphones when I tried that.The last time I tried this was with my HK BT. If you connected Harman Kardon's calling cable which came with their other headphones to the HK BT it wouldn't work as the headphones didn't have the extra ring that their other headphones had (audio still worked fine with that cable). Maybe that is something the next generation of high end bluetooth headphones can incorporate if they are interested. This year the new feature was the usb audio playback that both the Momentum and Symphony 1 had.

Apr 7, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #1,298 of 3,671

I would assume that it is connected to the BT amp only. This is what I found with other bluetooth headphones when I tried that.The last time I tried this was with my HK BT. If you connected Harman Kardon's calling cable which came with their other headphones to the HK BT it wouldn't work as the headphones didn't have the extra ring that their other headphones had (audio still worked fine with that cable). Maybe that is something the next generation of high end bluetooth headphones can incorporate if they are interested. This year the new feature was the usb audio playback that both the Momentum and Symphony 1 had.

The Urbanite XL wireless comes with an in line remote and mic. This suggests what you say about the M2 is correct re rings on the connector, as otherwise they would supplied such a cable?

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #1,299 of 3,671
I dont think there will be a fix. I believe its a design flaw.

I agree, I own UE9000,K845bt, Fidelio M1bt and Parrot Zik and all dropped out occasionally. I think its the nature of a bluetooth connection. One tip you might try is keeping the baterry fully charged even when they've only been used a few days. I thought my UE9000 had developed a fault one day when they were dropping like crazy. Then I realised the battery was low and charged them fully. Never happened again as long as I don't let the battery get low.

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #1,300 of 3,671
Tested the UE9000 today and I have to say I'm unimpressed. Unfortunately, momentum wireless are unavailable here as well but I think I'll pass and wait for the industry to come out with the next few iterations of headphones in this department before looking back in again.

Might get a Beyerdynamic DT 150 and an amp in the mean time. Better value for money.

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #1,301 of 3,671
I agree, I own UE9000,K845bt, Fidelio M1bt and Parrot Zik and all dropped out occasionally. I think its the nature of a bluetooth connection. One tip you might try is keeping the baterry fully charged even when they've only been used a few days. I thought my UE9000 had developed a fault one day when they were dropping like crazy. Then I realised the battery was low and charged them fully. Never happened again as long as I don't let the battery get low.

Well plantronics seem to have some magical powers. I cant make them skip at all! I can leave my phone in the bouse, and go outside in the yard...not a skip or stutter.

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #1,302 of 3,671
If you connected Harman Kardon's calling cable which came with their other headphones to the HK BT it wouldn't work as the headphones didn't have the extra ring that their other headphones had

So it was just a cable with three rings on both sides but with no mic on it, right?
A cable with a mic on it should have three rings where it connects with the phone and two where it goes in the headphone. And it works with any headphone, wired or wireless.

I agree, I own UE9000,K845bt, Fidelio M1bt and Parrot Zik

Can you please please please come in the thread on my signature and compare them?
It would be super cool and very useful for the future of humanity.

Tested the UE9000 today and I have to say I'm unimpressed. Unfortunately, momentum wireless are unavailable here as well but I think I'll pass and wait for the industry to come out with the next few iterations of headphones in this department before looking back in again.
you've just tried one of the oldest glory of bt.
A glory, but still not representing what's going on lately.
If you have a look at my thread you find a list with some alternatives.
Then if you share with us your preferences on sound signature we may suggest you some other not in my list (i didn't try everything. But many people tried what i didn't. That's why i keep asking people to post their comparisons there. I'm just me. We are more than me.)

Apr 7, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #1,303 of 3,671
you've just tried one of the oldest glory of bt.
A glory, but still not representing what's going on lately.
If you have a look at my thread you find a list with some alternatives.
Then if you share with us your preferences on sound signature we may suggest you some other not in my list (i didn't try everything. But many people tried what i didn't. That's why i keep asking people to post their comparisons there. I'm just me. We are more than me.)

Heh, I think I fooled around and fell in love with the Beyerdynamic DT 150 for the time being. I'm definitely a more balanced sound signature kind of person, but I do enjoy the occasional impactful bass.  

While I appreciate the concept behind the wireless systems, I think they still have a long way to go before I feel that they are worth their respective pricetag. For $4-500, I might as well get something else especially when it can't even guarantee all of the most common sense features. Ie. ANC with an on/off switch, proper, fully functioning built-in mic, easy to replace batteries, stable connectivity etc. I'll still give the Momentum 2.0 Wireless a go when it's out though, but I doubt I'll actually get one now that I've learned of it's limitations.

Apr 7, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #1,304 of 3,671
My Wireless M2's came today.  Used right out of the box for 3 hours doing some housework and chipping some ice in the driveway.  While inside I left my phone (iPhone 6) in my living room at one end of the house and was in every room, up and down, not one single stutter or skip, drop out or otherwise.  While outside I laid my phone on the deck and went into the driveway (approx 30-40 feet away). Again, none of the above issues issues.  
I'm in love with these.  The cups are much improved over the M1's and fit my slightly big-ish ears with room to spare. 
The sound is very much like the M1's to my ears which I was hoping for, but now with the better seal they sound even more awesome.  
I'm super happy with these so far! 

Apr 7, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #1,305 of 3,671
Got mine today and listened to them for about 30 minutes. Man they sound nice! Played through bluetooth with Sony Xperia Z1 with PowerAMP and bluetooth on my desktop. Both apt-x. 
Will try them on the way to work tomorrow if it doesn't rain too much outside. Great potential for testing wireless interference. Very happy so far! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back