Sennheiser, JVC, or Koss?
Jul 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

crtnytrn09

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new to Head-Fi after stumbling upon it while looking for a new pair of headphones. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could please help me out.

First off, I am on a college student budget, and I'd prefer not to spend more then $30-$35. As for usage, I plan on using my headphones with my iPhone 4S and my MacBook Pro. Also, I listen mainly to rock, and occasionally, pop and rap. Overall, I'd prefer something durable and portable.

Now, after doing some research, I have narrowed it down to the Sennheiser HD 201, the Sennheiser HD 200 II, and the JVC HARX500. Also, even though it's not a full-size, I was wondering how the three aforementioned headphones compare to the Koss KSC75?
I keep going back and forth between these four after reading countless reviews, and I was wondering if I could receive some direct suggestions/opinions on them. I'm of course open to suggestions/opinions about other headphones within my budget.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #2 of 4
I have tried the sennheiser hd200ii and for the price the sound is pretty good. But looking at the JVC HARX500, there seems to be a lot of good reviews. So it really narrows to personal opinion. If possible see if you could borrow a pair or try either one at a store. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back