Sennheiser IE8's
May 23, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #46 of 77
Lol if they are fake and you pay $170 then you're mad, You can buy fake IE8s for $25, Not to mention real IE8s sound amazing, I'm still amazed at mine and the only upgrade path i can see after these now is actually customs.

Nat.

May 23, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #47 of 77
I just want to say these ie8s are awesome after 1500 hours burn in lol.  Call me crazy but they sound clearer and more open with more detail.  Oh ya wanted to mention also shinedown live somewhere in the stratosphere sound amazing with these. 

May 26, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #51 of 77
Umm it's just you i think, Maybe you have your Dac or PC setup wrong..  Mine have pretty nice bass but it's not overpowering i actually have mine sounding like my old HD595's before they was stolen from my car.. :frowning2:

I love my IE8's alot but i thinking of getting some UM3X or W4's then get them custom reshelled.

Nat.

May 26, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #53 of 77
In the UK i can get W4's for £320 and then reshell them for £200 = £520, Custom from even UE are £700+ and westone are £900+ Customs seem to be a massive rip off in the Uk.

May 26, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #54 of 77

Quote:
In the UK i can get W4's for £320 and then reshell them for £200 = £520, Custom from even UE are £700+ and westone are £900+ Customs seem to be a massive rip off in the Uk.

Maybe you should consider one of the 1964 Ears Customs.

May 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #55 of 77
To be honest i did look into 1964 ears, I ordered from the USA before and ended up paying custom tax and a fine.. which i was not happy about since it doubled the price, This was some years ago... Assuming there are no problems if i order them from them, I was looking at the triples they work out around £250 delivered which is Nothing really.. Considering those.. May look into getting some impressions done from bootz.

Thanks

Nat.

May 26, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #56 of 77
After 20 hours or so burn in, I find them a little too bright in the highs with rather harsh treble.  Is it just me?

One thing the IE8 is rarely accused of is being bright. What did you use before the IE8?

May 26, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #58 of 77
May 27, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #59 of 77
Hey!  Got it!  Big... Fake!  Just by looking at the package I knew it!  Thanks to SolidVictory! (heaf-fier) for his pictures and comparison of the real and the fake IE8.
For those wandering if yours are genuine or not, as soon as you press PLAY, you know it.  The fake sounds, in fact really bad.  And mine also have a weak left earpud (almost no volume).  Thanks to Paypal protection, I got refund and still have the IE8 (fake).
That was funny to see that the box was still sealed, but they weir supposed to bu used ("for test").  The box was shipped from Hang Kong even if the seller was in USA.  So be careful!

Anyone wants a immitation? 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 16, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #60 of 77
Hi all

Well im still alive and the Sennheiser IE8's are still screaming along and their audio has balanced out and performing perfectly. I have the bass setting on 2. Also, due to my persuasive words of wisdom I was able to get a pair of Jays q-Jays (http://www.jays.se/products/earphones/q-jays.html) provided free of charge (top of the range) earphones for a review, below is their specs as a comparison to the IE8's:- NOTE: The Jays have no removable cables unlike the IE8's, and have no bass adjustment, and these retail for about AU$ 350. I have not tried the Jays, but am honestly wondering is it even worth it, as common sense dictates the Sennheiser IE8's would be superior anyway.

UPDATE: Well the Jays headphone test failed miserably, their have very little soundstage, very tinny sound, treble is almost non-existent and isolation is almost zero. All up over-priced garbage, as even my Logitech UE200's outdo these and they cost AU$ 40, plus that hideous cord "scratching" sound everytime the white cable hits a shirt or jacket and when you walk. Jays are crap, and the IE8's kick ass over these literally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back