Sennheiser IE8's
May 9, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #31 of 77

Quote:
the Bass level is set to the first notch out of the packet.

I have my IE8s set at the second, but I wouldn't go any further than that. Try both out and see what works for you.

And to be honest, I don't really believe 'Burn-In' is real for the IE8. I do agree the IE8 did sound a lot better after I burnt them in for 100 hours after I first started using it, but I'm not at all convinced that it wasn't just me getting used to the sound. Burn them in anyway - you have nothing to lose! :wink:

May 9, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #32 of 77

Quote:

I have my IE8s set at the second, but I wouldn't go any further than that. Try both out and see what works for you.

And to be honest, I don't really believe 'Burn-In' is real for the IE8. I do agree the IE8 did sound a lot better after I burnt them in for 100 hours after I first started using it, but I'm not at all convinced that it wasn't just me getting used to the sound. Burn them in anyway - you have nothing to lose! :wink:

IT's well known even at audio shops IE8's sound bad from the box infact it is one of the ways of telling they are real, Out of the box the bass is overpowering and the highs sound tiny, After using mine out of the box i decided they were terrible and i burned them in for 2 days solid.. i came back to them and they sound amazing... Burning in might depend from batch to batch.. Or what people are used to, If someone has been using normal Ipod earphones for the past 3 years ofc they will say not require a burn in period.. but for some of us using higher end audio equipment you can tell just from the lack of clarity the sounds the IE8 produces is rather bad... Just sayin..

Nat 

May 9, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #33 of 77

Quote:
IT's well known even at audio shops IE8's sound bad from the box infact it is one of the ways of telling they are real, Out of the box the bass is overpowering and the highs sound tiny, After using mine out of the box i decided they were terrible and i burned them in for 2 days solid.. i came back to them and they sound amazing... Burning in might depend from batch to batch.. Or what people are used to, If someone has been using normal Ipod earphones for the past 3 years ofc they will say not require a burn in period.. but for some of us using higher end audio equipment you can tell just from the lack of clarity the sounds the IE8 produces is rather bad... Just sayin..=

What tracks did you burn your IE8s in with?

May 9, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #34 of 77
in doesn't matter.... the thing is that they just get used to having sound in them.... is like... i don;t know, opening a car for the first time.... the chairs are pretty hard... because there were few persons that sat on them until you sit there......

May 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #35 of 77
I paid only $295 US for my IE8s (I also got some Adidas Mactelo sunglasses with the purchase), and I use them as my daily buds, and yes they came directly from Sennheiser. I used to use RE0s but they been collecting dust since I bought the Sennheiser buds. As amazing as the buds sound, you guys are mental for paying $475+  for some frigging buds. 

May 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #37 of 77

Quote:
IT's well known even at audio shops IE8's sound bad from the box infact it is one of the ways of telling they are real, Out of the box the bass is overpowering and the highs sound tiny, After using mine out of the box i decided they were terrible and i burned them in for 2 days solid.. i came back to them and they sound amazing... Burning in might depend from batch to batch.. Or what people are used to, If someone has been using normal Ipod earphones for the past 3 years ofc they will say not require a burn in period.. but for some of us using higher end audio equipment you can tell just from the lack of clarity the sounds the IE8 produces is rather bad... Just sayin..

Nat 

Hi Natasha, well been giving these IE8's a spin with the bass setting on the first notch only, and the sound on these is amazing even out of the box, and I'm listening to a variety of music including The Dark Knight soundtrack, Jennifer Lopez, Usher, etc.  Keep in mind I'v gone from IE7's to IE8's, not from el-cheapo Apple to IE8's, so Im use to most of the audio.  The clarity and bass on these is so good its hard to describe and I've made sure all my audio is 320kbps, no less.  Ill keep playing variety of music over the next couple of days.  I noticed that the IE7's unlike the IE8's dont have that little air vent on top of the earphones, but these IEM's do sound the best I've heard. It seems true, the Germans do audio the best.

May 9, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #38 of 77

Quote:
I paid only $295 US for my IE8s (I also got some Adidas Mactelo sunglasses with the purchase), and I use them as my daily buds, and yes they came directly from Sennheiser. I used to use RE0s but they been collecting dust since I bought the Sennheiser buds. As amazing as the buds sound, you guys are mental for paying $475+  for some frigging buds. 

As for pricing, even Amazon.com in the US are charging US$ 399 plus delivery, and they wont ship to Australia where I live.  I then had no option but to get the best possible price from an Australian Senneheiser Reseller, so I paid AU$ 471, and these retail for AU$ 599.  I wasnt going to take a chance with Ebay and getting something fake or faulty.

May 11, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #39 of 77
Oh, I have to mention that I got the IE8i model.  The reason I got such a good price was because Sennheiser was doing something at a trade show that I worked, and I thought it was stupid NOT to take advantage of the deal that they had (50% ANYTHING they offer!). AU $471 isn't that bad of a price for them.

And I'm LOLing right now that my IEM's are worth more than the deck and speakers of my car.  I need to amened that soon!

May 18, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #41 of 77
Ie8s are darn good even though they are pretty X for their price.  (imho) I currently listen to Anthem lights and Good charlotte and they just sound amazing compared to other iems *ahem* monster tours... They really do sing in my ears. Soundstage is preetty good for me (kinda in the middle of a concert) I have had experience with monster products as many use em in my school (rich people. I got mine second hand off my cousin who didnt know about ie8s and i got em at 50singapore dollars sgd. They were brand new when i got em but the box was open. So i went off to head fi and checked if they were real first and bought em the moment i realized they were genuine and i am SO addicted to em now. Cant put em down and using em on a daily basis. I cant say im a basshead but the bass is kinda tight and punchy (imo). They are tuned to the second lowest bass setting and i do not dare to put em on high to ruin the treble. I highly recommend this pair of phones to people who can buy it (no offence to anyone cuz im a student)^^

May 18, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #42 of 77
I've got a couple of hundred hours on my IE8 over the last 18months I've had them, and I've honestly not heard any change in them from 'burn in'. The only noticeable changes I hear is obviously the source, and the tips I use (Comply-great, my custom moulds-terrible).

May 22, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #43 of 77
Interesting to read all that stuff...  I have a TF10 already and I am going to get my IE8 next week.  I am a little scare since I got mine for 170$ on eBay...  But, even if they are fake, if they sound better than my TF10, I'll be really happy since I do like the TF10 very much (my best IEM so far).

May 22, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #44 of 77

Quote:
Interesting to read all that stuff...  I have a TF10 already and I am going to get my IE8 next week.  I am a little scare since I got mine for 170$ on eBay...  But, even if they are fake, if they sound better than my TF10, I'll be really happy since I do like the TF10 very much (my best IEM so far).

If the seller claimed they are new, those are fake, for sure.

May 23, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #45 of 77
DaBomb77766, It says: Used for test only...  I don't believe it so much, but I'll give it a try.  Anyway, I can always return them if they don't sound good, meaning that they would be fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back