Sennheiser IE8's ~~ Should I just jump righ in?
Nov 23, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
my source will mainly be my iphone + FiiO E5 but occasionally my laptop + E5.  I think im pretty much decided on going for the IE8's after reading that last post, honey boy, but theres still plenty time to search the forums for some more opinions and change my mind haha.  just out of curiosity, what source do you use with your IE8's and what amp if any? Would it be worth the investment for a better portable amp, or will the E5 suffice?

Yeah, I think gathering more information to make a more "informed" decision is a good  idea. Just remember that headfiers (including myself haha) are a particularly capricious  and fastidious group, and that our impressions are mere opinions.

By the way, I use the Sony X1060 and the ipod touch 4G, with the Sony being my preferred source for the IE8.

With regards to investing in portable amps, that's another personal matter.
For me, I enjoy the IE8 directly out of my DAPs and I do not think they need portable amps to sound good. I did invest in numerous portable amps and couldn't justify keeping any.
They added bulk and to my ears, the improvement in sound they provided, if any, was too subtle to be appreciable, especially in areas that they are supposedly designed  to perform: On the Go.
Hence, I found the relatively high price for some of them unwarranted. Nevertheless, that is just my experience. One man's opinion is the antithesis of another.

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:25 PM Post #17 of 19
If you get the IE8, just make sure your source is high quality recordings.  I have the triple.fi 10 and the IE8.  The IE8 is a lot more sensitive to bad recordings. And also, IE8 sounds fine without an amp.  

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #18 of 19
Hey guys, im back haha

Just letting ya'll know what i decided to go for: Monster Turbine Pro Gold's

My parents kinda shot down the IE8's after learning of their ~$300 price tag :p

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen! Thank you all for your input!

Dec 26, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #19 of 19
Hey guys!

A little change...i just ordered Triple.Fi 10's for $150 off of a trusted seller on ebay!

I am very excited....no MTPG's for now :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back