Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jul 30, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #2,836 of 7,699
Quote:
Hey lightning I checked out some of your pics for and I'm curious are those comply tips you are using on your IE80s? Looks like you use large tips just like me. If so the large single flange JVC tips might suite you well. They offer a great seal and the best sound with the IE80s.

those are acs custom tips which have been re fit using my impression. i really wanted to try the JVC tips but they do not do shipping to my place.

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #2,837 of 7,699
Wow so the fit must be really good then. If you really did want the tips PM me and I can see what I can work out for you. I'd use the cheapest shipping to you though as its not worth spending big on tips :).

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #2,838 of 7,699
Quote:
Wow so the fit must be really good then. If you really did want the tips PM me and I can see what I can work out for you. I'd use the cheapest shipping to you though as its not worth spending big on tips :).

yep with the custom tips the fitting is good but im still kinda confused on how to put them in. im glad my friend decided to sold his ie8 so he can sell me his custom tips on the cheap and refit using my impression
wink_face.gif

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #2,839 of 7,699
Quote:
Are you referring to the silver cable? Am undecided whether to buy me one, or get the gr07.

the yams do have more sub bass and go bit deeper than the 80's. but the senn's do have a bit more mid bass and seem to hit harder.

I personally think you might as well get GR07, better to have another IEM at disposal and to enjoy.

Sorry to hear that. I don't find them to be more colored than with the Stock cable though. They sound more balanced IMO due to the bass being tighter and more controlled. Emphasis does shift though with more treble and mid range.

Sadly the cable wasn't for my taste. By all means, I still do enjoy IE80. Just with stock cable. 

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #2,840 of 7,699
Hey guys...I'm super pumped !!! I just found out that I was the winner for Razordogs headphone giveaway for this last month, for the IE 80's. I've been using some Klipsch S4's for the past year and am really excited to get into some quality IEM's.

I have a couple questions...for those of you who upgraded your cable...do you feel it was worth it? I was browsing the forums and the Toxic Cable definitely peeked my interest. 

Also, what source are most of you guys using in terms of portability? I'm thinking of (now since I'll be getting the IE80's) Rockbox'ing my iPod. 

Any feedback would be appreciated. Will post impressions/pics when I get them. 

Have a great day !!! 
atsmile.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #2,841 of 7,699
Well many of the people here who have upgraded to the silver cable have found it to be a noticeable improvement over the stock cable. There is one though that doesn't agree and feels the cable has colored the sound. IMO the sound is more balanced though with the cable. I got mine from seller zeroshoe on ebay. The cable is of good quality and is cheaper than the toxic cables TMK (silver galaxy cable).

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #2,842 of 7,699
Quote:
Well many of the people here who have upgraded to the silver cable have found it to be a noticeable improvement over the stock cable. There is one though that doesn't agree and feels the cable has colored the sound. IMO the sound is more balanced though with the cable. I got mine from seller zeroshoe on ebay. The cable is of good quality and is cheaper than the toxic cables TMK (silver galaxy cable).

Yeah I was looking at that cable from Zeroshoe as well, it looks like a nice cable. The Toxic Cable is over double the price although I doubt it'd really matter much considering I'm using an iPhone most of the time as my source a anyways (I spend a lot of time in the gym). This is kind of a dumb question...but I've noticed that for some reason, and maybe it's just me...but does music found better from an iPod than an iPhone? I just ordered an E11 so hopefully that'll help a little too. I'm really excited to get these babies! 

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #2,845 of 7,699
Quote:

Yezzir that would be me.

Quote:
I personally notice no significant difference on cable swaps. I buy cables for aesthetics only. :wink:

Yeah, that's how I feel about cables too. Although silver galaxy did change a bit. But yes, walking around with cool-looking cables do get attention from random people :p

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #2,849 of 7,699
They aren't half bad at it and improved in that regard with the cable upgrade. They are good all-arounders more so than genre specific. I do however enjoy the FX700s more for electronic.

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #2,850 of 7,699
Just gotten my TWAG V2s for my IE8s.

First impression is the bass, the quality of it has improved a lot, there's far less thumping now that used to hurt my ears on certain songs.
The bass also extends out to make the soundstage really wide and the decay improved too.

Also give a bump in the mids and highs with details slightly more pronounced.
All in all, the does change the sound signature a little, becomes even more lively.

The funny stuffs i've found out with silver cables is that they pair better with the sony hybrids than the stock cable did.
On stock cable, the sonys lessens the soundstage but give incredible comfort.
But on the silver cables, it didnt lessen the soundstage, perhaps a little, but not discernable unless u do a very concentrated critical listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back