Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #2,386 of 7,699

Quote:

Hey Lee,

What would you say is the difference between these 2? The V-Modas are clearly cheaper including shipping so I'm inclined to try that if they're both pretty similar.

The best seal I've got so far with the stock tips is with the large silicone tips.

For my ears the JVC tips work better on the IE80s while the V-moda tips work best on the FX700s. They both work great for me though. Just I find each one to tailor to these IEMs better for a better overall balanced sound.

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #2,387 of 7,699

Quote:
Not sure if this was posted already, but here is the link to authorized on-line dealers:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/serviceandsupport_dealer-locator_authorized-retailers

and the link for non-authorized dealers:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/nonauthorized

If anyone finds a bargain from the authorized dealers, please post.

thanks.

In the US I would say you can contact both J&R and Razordog to get the best price. Just ignore the listed price and make offer to them, but I don't think you can get a pair of IE80 below $300.

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #2,388 of 7,699
Alright, all this discussion about that silver galaxy cable has made me curious about it.  Just bought one from Zeroshoe, and it's on expedited shipping.  I'm impatient!  $17 is a small price to pay to have it THIS week!  

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #2,389 of 7,699

Quote:
Alright, all this discussion about that silver galaxy cable has made me curious about it.  Just bought one from Zeroshoe, and it's on expedited shipping.  I'm impatient!  $17 is a small price to pay to have it THIS week!  

You are impatient lol. I'd just go for free shipping (I'm cheap like that :wink:.

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #2,390 of 7,699

Quote:

Another casualty of the silver bullet.
wink_face.gif

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #2,393 of 7,699

Quote:

I should have it between the 1st and 4th, completely worth it!

i hope your cable doesnt have any damage. i just return mine because theres an slight damage in the jack i think it caused by the shipping.

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #2,398 of 7,699

Quote:

i hope your cable doesnt have any damage. i just return mine because theres an slight damage in the jack i think it caused by the shipping.

Are you returning it for a replacement or refund? I am curious about your final thoughts (in terms of SQ) on the cable as I see you have the ipod video as the source.

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #2,399 of 7,699
I loved the IE80 but just returned it. My fault for not checking it's isolation before getting it. I have different iem incoming now, one with at least a 4 out of 5 on Joker's review thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back