Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Mar 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #2,026 of 7,699

Quote:
It can sound so good with hiss because the hiss isn't generally audible during music playback. I know you think the iPod is a God send and it is descent to be honest. Still it doesn't compare to the audiophile DAPs. The Studio V and DX100 are closer to desktop rigs when it comes to sound quality. I recommended you the IE80 and you love it as I do. Do you really think I'm exaggerating about the Studio V and the Silver cable? Because I'm not...

Hey I believe you Lee. If not for the RB'd cheap ipod I may very well likely try something else. But boy am I satisfied with what I currently have? You bet.
wink_face.gif

Mar 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #2,027 of 7,699

Quote:
When I put my IE80 on, I have to "push" the iem into my ear. When I do that, I can hear something "crackle". This doesn't affect the sound or anything, anyone else experiencing this?

The noise is called 'driver flex'. The driver diaphragm is reacting to the increase in air pressure as you insert it into the closed chamber of your ear canal. Supposedly it doesn't hurt the driver, although it sure sounds like it isn't healthy for it. Try inserting the earpiece more slowly to avoid the 'crackle'.

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #2,030 of 7,699

Quote:
Hey I believe you Lee. If not for the RB'd cheap ipod I may very well likely try something else. But boy am I satisfied with what I currently have? You bet.
wink_face.gif

My current set-up has changed my feeling on headfi altogether. Although a group (or even large group) may consider certain headphones/IEMs superior. It doesn't mean I will find that so. It all comes down to personal preference in the end. One mans trash is another man treasure. I'm very content with my portable rig and don't really feel the need to upgrade anymore.

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #2,031 of 7,699

Quote:
Yes Lostid, i was having lot of players and iPod 5.5G too. Ipod 5/5.5 much better on Rockbox than on original firmware, but still not so good.

I am interested to know your "not so good" in comparison to other combos assuming all pairing with the IE80's.

I had no other comparison other than my iPhone 4S/64GB, but the RB'd iPod 5g/30GB simply blows it out of water to my ears. The RB'd iPod 5g also sounds better than my Dell Precision M4600 both playing flac's. Note I only played 320kbps MP3's on my iphone 4s.

Quote:
 It all comes down to personal preference in the end.

Absolutely. That's why I really don't care much about what others use. I may not have auditioned many gears but I have logged thousands of hrs listening to my music. So when the right sound kicks in it will definitely resonate with my brain response, and this is what has happened lately with the gear.

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #2,032 of 7,699
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon - A Love Before Time (I personally like the OST better.)

The Singer, CoCo Lee, married last year to her long-time BF then in a wedding reportedly costing $10 millions. She could buy more than 30,000 pairs of IE80's with that money. What a waste.

Mar 29, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #2,035 of 7,699
I've found my old CD-Yepp sounds fantastic with IE8i.
I will go for a different shops and will try new flash Samsung players.
Now YP-R2 and Z3 are easy to find, but Q3 sold out. Q3 sounds very good. Maybe some Galaxy players. But ohhh Samsungs why so much plastic in your bodies?...:)
And i want to try Rocoo P. If this little device is similar with T51, i will be smiling everytime with my IE8i:)
PS
I was having lot of stuff.
From last with love T51+Westone 3.

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #2,036 of 7,699

Quote:
I've found my old CD-Yepp sounds fantastic with IE8i.
I will go for a different shops and will try new flash Samsung players.
Now YP-R2 and Z3 are easy to find, but Q3 sold out. Q3 sounds very good. Maybe some Galaxy players. But ohhh Samsungs why so much plastic in your bodies?...:)
And i want to try Rocoo P. If this little device is similar with T51, i will be smiling everytime with my IE8i:)
PS
I was having lot of stuff.
From last with love T51+Westone 3.

Well I've never had the honor to hear the Rocoo P for myself but according to Cleos, he finds the T51 and Rocoo P to be about on par sound quality wise with the Rocoo having clearer treble, more uptop, and less bass impact when compared to the T51.

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #2,037 of 7,699

Quote:
Well I've never had the honor to hear the Rocoo P for myself but according to Cleos, he finds the T51 and Rocoo P to be about on par sound quality wise with the Rocoo having clearer treble, more uptop, and less bass impact when compared to the T51.

That's why i think HSA RP should be great friend for Sennheiser IE:)

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #2,038 of 7,699
BAH! sennheiser messed up the type of tips they included, I received 3 of the large silicon tips and 1 of the large double flange tips...

I'm using the medium sized bi-flange tips but I really want two of the large bi-flange tips...

Anyone have a set of the large bi-flange that they would like to trade/sell to me??? I have a large assortment of monster supertips and both medium/large V-Moda clear silicone tips unused

still waiting to pick up my EX1000 before I do comparisons on the 3 top-tier universals I own, sorry bout the delay...

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #2,039 of 7,699
Quote:
BAH! sennheiser messed up the type of tips they included, I received 3 of the large silicon tips and 1 of the large double flange tips...

I'm using the medium sized bi-flange tips but I really want two of the large bi-flange tips...

Anyone have a set of the large bi-flange that they would like to trade/sell to me??? I have a large assortment of monster supertips and both medium/large V-Moda clear silicone tips unused

still waiting to pick up my EX1000 before I do comparisons on the 3 top-tier universals I own, sorry bout the delay...

Where did you purchase them?  I bought a pair of IE7's a while back from an average-joe seller on eBay who had no clue the few sets of IE7's he got from his buddy were fakes.  My set had a wacky tip combination along with some other indicators.

Not saying they're definitely fake, but I immediately thought of this when you mentioned the tips.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #2,040 of 7,699

nah, they are deffinitely real, I got them from i2ehan's huge going away classified, brand new unopened package...

if they are fake, they sure sound pretty dam amazing

Quote:
Where did you purchase them?  I bought a pair of IE7's a while back from an average-joe seller on eBay who had no clue the few sets of IE7's he got from his buddy were fakes.  My set had a wacky tip combination along with some other indicators.

Not saying they're definitely fake, but I immediately thought of this when you mentioned the tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back