Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jan 24, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #1,171 of 7,699
Just wanted to ask other's opinion on the matter, but when you where the headphones, is the entire driver inside your ear? The headphones get uncomfortable when they're completely in after a while, but i definitely get better sound. Also i find that when i press the headphone down (not inwards, but downwards like towards the ground) while im wearing it, i get fuller bass but when i leave it i lose it. Does anyone else experience that?

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #1,172 of 7,699
I didn't have your experience. It appears you are having seal issue. Try the different tips which came with your IE80 and also make sure you are inserting them right. Personally, the bi-flg large tips fit me perfectly like custom.

BTW, the IE80 is a piece of beauty as far as I am concerned. This may well be the last IEM's I have bought for a long time to come. Would like to share a shot of the bad boys taken yesterday.

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #1,173 of 7,699
Re-ordered them elsewhere, this time they should be in stock. Needed to shell out some extra but hey what can you do about it
ksc75smile.gif

Is the nozzle width the same as the IE 8 (5,5mm)?

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #1,175 of 7,699

Quote:
Re-ordered them elsewhere, this time they should be in stock. Needed to shell out some extra but hey what can you do about it
ksc75smile.gif

Is the nozzle width the same as the IE 8 (5,5mm)?

Although I never owned IE8, I believe the nozzle sizes are the same..

Quote:
Famous last words........Right up there with I'll never drink that much again.
beerchug.gif

Yeah read my lips!

Seriously to those newbees like myself  I would say just get a couple of IEM's that fit your musical taste and be done with it. If you chase for the perfect sound (which is non-existent most likely) like the audiophiles, you will end up with wasting lots of time (and perhaps money as well) and enjoying less music. Of course if that's your hobby, then there is nothing wrong with it.

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #1,176 of 7,699
I know I am a bit late with this, but my IE8's sound great on this cut - for the person who wonders if their Sennheiser IEM might be a fake because it has too much bass - let me tell you from my experience (as my first pair was a set of fake IE8's) that they have little or no bass at all - the fakes sound terrible - I have yet to hear from anyone who told me there was too much bass on a fake - quite the opposite.

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #1,177 of 7,699
I know I am a bit late with this, but my IE8's sound great on this cut - for the person who wonders if their Sennheiser IEM might be a fake because it has too much bass - let me tell you from my experience (as my first pair was a set of fake IE8's) that they have little or no bass at all - the fakes sound terrible - I have yet to hear from anyone who told me there was too much bass on a fake - quite the opposite.

As was the case with my fakes. Practically no bass impact whatsoever, as compared to the real deal.

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #1,180 of 7,699
Ok I'm coming from owning UE Super.Fi 5 EBs (RIP) and UE TF10s with aftermarket cable. I bought the TF10s off the Amazon sales.

I just got my IE80s last night and they are VERY accurate, to the point of making my "lossy" 160 kbps encodings sound bad. Bass quantity is somewhere in between the TF10 and 5EB. I've got the bass ports all the way "up."

I'm still breaking them in and have the Atrios MG7 on order in search of more bass. But as my primary go to IEM for most music, this has handily outdone the TF10s. Maybe a better seal would do the trick? I'm having a spot of trouble but that could just be because the IE80s came with so many choices in the package.  All I know for sure is those crazy finger trap looking deals are NOT the right one.

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #1,182 of 7,699

Quote:
Ok I'm coming from owning UE Super.Fi 5 EBs (RIP) and UE TF10s with aftermarket cable. I bought the TF10s off the Amazon sales.

I just got my IE80s last night and they are VERY accurate, to the point of making my "lossy" 160 kbps encodings sound bad. Bass quantity is somewhere in between the TF10 and 5EB. I've got the bass ports all the way "up."

I'm still breaking them in and have the Atrios MG7 on order in search of more bass. But as my primary go to IEM for most music, this has handily outdone the TF10s. Maybe a better seal would do the trick? I'm having a spot of trouble but that could just be because the IE80s came with so many choices in the package.  All I know for sure is those crazy finger trap looking deals are NOT the right one.

If you have to push the bass button all the way to the top, you must be a basshead. jkd. No question the IE80 does not lack bass, and the bass at default is just about right for me and I haven't bothered to see the difference by switching the button ( and I may never need to do so). Yes work on the seal and make sure no problem there. Isn't fun just to try the different tips provided by Sennheiser?

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #1,184 of 7,699

Quote:
Hi guys really need help I'm considering getting the ie 80s but firstly want too know are they better then the ie 8 and would they be better then the monster turbine coppers 
Thanks 
please reply ASAP people 

Sorry can't help you dude. I had no experience with both IEM's you mentioned. Well at least I replied asap.

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #1,185 of 7,699

Quote:
Hi guys really need help I'm considering getting the ie 80s but firstly want too know are they better then the ie 8 and would they be better then the monster turbine coppers 
Thanks 
please reply ASAP people 

They're a little better than the IE8 and Coppers to my ears but the Coppers are a better deal if you can get it for <$150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back