Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #5,506 of 7,699
those are the pics you get from 90% of selling websites, official reseller or not. it doesn't tell anything about the product you will receive as it's not the actual picture of it.

Jun 14, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #5,507 of 7,699
  Are these fake ie80 ??? Thanks...

The logo on the brushed steel should be a gravure not a a sticker and the bass screw should really move and the result be heared. but the package Looks ok to me,I have exactly the same.Have fun with them, I listenéd with them yesterday evening to Material´s Temporary Music 1979-1981 with Bill Laswell, and enjoyed every second of it,

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #5,510 of 7,699
  is the bassport test still a proper way to differ fake or genuine one?
i mean - not workin at all = fake, workin (even little changing, barely noticable) = genuine

There are fakes with a working bass port.

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #5,512 of 7,699
  I got the strangest craving to get an IE80 again. 

Does anyone wear them straight down? 

you can but then I highly recommend you use the clip for cable noises.
also just turning them down they definitly look like it's not how they should be. inverting left and right makes it look ok again but obviously sides are then inverted.
about comfort, it really depends on the tip and your ears, I personnaly feel well only with a swallow insertion, so it's not ideal as there is no over the ear cable to help keep them in place. I used some comply P foams for some times like that, the Ps being longer I still had a good fit and the comfy swallow insertion (all the above concerns only wearing them down).

Jun 25, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #5,514 of 7,699

I do, I very much prefer wearing them straight down vs over ear. Just remove the earpiece, reconnect the right earpiece to left cable(and vice versa) and you won't look weird wearing them nor have problems with "inverted channel". Microphonics is almost non-existent for me too - the cable is excellent, I only wish Sennheiser made the IE800 using the same cable.

Jun 26, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #5,515 of 7,699
How do I change the cable? I have tried removing the stock cable but every time I try to pull it I just can't do it without using too much force, and every time I stop before I manage to disconnect it in fear of damaging something. Is there a trick to it or do I just pull until it pops off?

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #5,516 of 7,699
  How do I change the cable? I have tried removing the stock cable but every time I try to pull it I just can't do it without using too much force, and every time I stop before I manage to disconnect it in fear of damaging something. Is there a trick to it or do I just pull until it pops off?

If you have fingernails then get two fingers w/ nails between the cable connector and the earphone body. Gently pry the connector straight away from the earphone body DO NOT twist just pull/pry staight off. DO NOT pull by only the cable. It does just 'pop' or 'snap' off.

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #5,517 of 7,699

I do, I very much prefer wearing them straight down vs over ear. Just remove the earpiece, reconnect the right earpiece to left cable(and vice versa) and you won't look weird wearing them nor have problems with "inverted channel". Microphonics is almost non-existent for me too - the cable is excellent, I only wish Sennheiser made the IE800 using the same cable.

lol I didn't actually think about swapping the cable sides when writing the post ^_^. for someone willing to use them only straight down it is indeed the best option.

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #5,518 of 7,699
what do you guys think? IE80's or the amperiors when it comes to Sq? ( ignore the sound-stage of em)  .. cuz I sold my IE80's like 2-3 months ago.. and I got my self a pair of amperiors .. so far I do enjoy the SQ, but I forgot how the IE80 sound.  Need to buy a pair of ie80's again so ... ? any one here?

Jun 27, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #5,519 of 7,699
  what do you guys think? IE80's or the amperiors when it comes to Sq? ( ignore the sound-stage of em)  .. cuz I sold my IE80's like 2-3 months ago.. and I got my self a pair of amperiors .. so far I do enjoy the SQ, but I forgot how the IE80 sound.  Need to buy a pair of ie80's again so ... ? any one here?

You were one of the biggest fan of the IE80, why you sold it? You forgot how it sound too!

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #5,520 of 7,699
Yeah.. i loved the sound ^_^   but i had a small ear canal issue ( where it start to hurt) so i sold my IE80's and some of my IEM's and got down a LCD2 and a Amperior ... within the time i recovered, but yeah the weird thing is i forgot how it sound ? :/ 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back