Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #5,343 of 7,699
  if they don't isolate neither the ambient noise like bus what is the point of having iem

For me, portability is one. I find traveling with a bag of portable headphones still too inconvenient, while iems can be fitted into a case that lies in my pocket.
But after all I don't like the feeling of isolation, so my viewpoint may be quite irrelevant. 

Apr 12, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #5,344 of 7,699
I can understand this. Generally I don't like wearing IEMs that isolate a lot due to safety reasons. Not to mention I just don't feel comfortable not feeling safe or not knowing what might be happening around me. Especially with cars in the area lol. Otherwise if I want to block people out I think it is wonderful.

Apr 12, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #5,346 of 7,699
  I can understand this. Generally I don't like wearing IEMs that isolate a lot due to safety reasons. Not to mention I just don't feel comfortable not feeling safe or not knowing what might be happening around me. Especially with cars in the area lol. Otherwise if I want to block people out I think it is wonderful.

+1
I only walk around with earbuds.

Apr 13, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #5,347 of 7,699

No,it is relevant Marchall, I use IEM´s to for the simple reason they are extreme compact, and I don´t like the complete blocking of outside noises due to safety reasons as it has been mentioned before.You still should be Aware of what happen around you when on the road in any or other form. On an airplane things are different,than some noise blocking IEM´s like the ones from Bose make sence,but I only fly once in a year, so I don´t Need those,

Apr 13, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #5,348 of 7,699
I really value the aspect of blocking other people out when I am travelling on public transport. The main problem with which, IMO, is the public!
I do try to be very aware of not being inconsiderate to those around me but I must admit that this is difficult when wearing IEM's.

Apr 13, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #5,351 of 7,699
I actually agree with you in that comply foams are best for rock music. They provide better atmosphere and impact. With classical music I find double flange tips more airy and perhaps more natural.

are you using the double flange tips included? the ones that came with mine don't really fit me well.

anyone know of other tips that are better than the ones senn provides? (not a fan of complys).

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #5,352 of 7,699
The original double flange tips fits me fairly well, although after a long term it's a bit too tight. Sorry, I have no experience with other tips. Would love to know about other choices as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back