Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #1,336 of 7,699

Quote:
Where does one buy the silver cable?

I got my cable from seller zeroshoe on eBay. Silver Galaxy Cable. You can haggle him down on the price to match the other seller. So try make an offer for $113.00. Who knows he may go a bit lower. I got mine for $115.00 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Advanced-Upgrade-Cable-SENNHEISER-IE8-Galaxy-silver-/120704302992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1a897f90

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #1,338 of 7,699

Quote:
I got my cable from seller zeroshoe on eBay. Silver Galaxy Cable. You can haggle him down on the price to match the other seller. So try make an offer for $113.00. Who knows he may go a bit lower. I got mine for $115.00 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Advanced-Upgrade-Cable-SENNHEISER-IE8-Galaxy-silver-/120704302992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1a897f90

He has sold a number of these for as low as $96.00 - press on the #sold button on his listing and you can see that he discounts almost 20% w/free shipping. And it is an all silver cable.

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #1,339 of 7,699

Quote:
He has sold a number of these for as low as $96.00 - press on the #sold button on his listing and you can see that he discounts almost 20% w/free shipping. And it is an all silver cable.

Then if you can haggle him to that price more power to you :). I haggled him down quite a bit on the silver LOD I bought from him... Definitely love the build quality on these items.

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #1,340 of 7,699
I am saving up for a set of these cables - the only reason I have been so keen on determining how low he may go :)

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #1,341 of 7,699

Quote:

Outstanding, thanks
smile_phones.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #1,342 of 7,699

Quote:
Maniacl71 I am curious if your pair is a prototype of the IE80. It seems the pair I got from ebay is just the same. I was thinking they were fake at one point but realized that they are indeed real. They look slightly different from the pair I have from RAZERDOG, even the plating is a little recessed in comparison to the completely flat one on the other pair. But indeed the sound is there. It would appear these particular IE80s are a little harder to drive than my other pair which was most likely giving me the sense they were fake to being with. My dad will very much enjoy these babies though :).

It was not a prototype but a finished product, the brushed plate is flat flushed to the housing. I don't have any problems driving them though, they played at the same spl as the IE8 i compared with, well i will be getting an IE8 permanently for comparison purposes. They told me there wasnt any different previously too. Lol, were they wrong.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #1,343 of 7,699
Do those sexy cables affect soundstage,separation, and clarity??

Feb 7, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #1,347 of 7,699

Quote:

Bass is tighter. The mid range is more forward. Treble is more emphasized with added sparkle. You get more clarity, less warmth.

damn,that sounds very promising! except for the midrange being forward..not sure if i like that..and is there any sibilance present on the IE80? xD

Oh, and could you please take a picture and show us your rig with your Silver Galaxy Cabled IE80! :D
PLEASE!!!! 

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #1,349 of 7,699
Large Sony Regular (Not Hybrid) Silicone with de-cored Comply underneath.  Hybrids also work great but I find have a little smaller soundstage and roll the treble just a bit.  This is my only IEM that I use large tips, pretty much any other I have always used medium or a MS.

I just went back to using these today.  A few years ago these were the only thing that worked for me and then I got custom molds done.  Lately my custom molds just have not sounded right and one thing I learned with IE8/IE80, that if something does not sound right, it's usually a seal issue.  Went back to these and my IE8s are working their magic again.  Either my custom molds shrank or my ears got bigger......
confused.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #1,350 of 7,699
Quote:
damn despite all the ear tips provided with IE 80's, i'm still not able to find the perfect fit for my ears,the large duel staged come close but not perfectly any idea??

Some others possibility as talked in this thread, hope you find a good seal, they are nice IEM ...

Quote:
AFAIK there are two versions of SF5: SuperFi 5 Pro uses the same tips as TripleFi 10, the newer SuperFi 5 version has different ones. I'm also using the SF5pro/TF10 silicon tips on my IE8/80, but added some foamies underneath for slightly better isolation:

Quote:
Anyplace in particular to pick them up for a good price? I'll give em a shot and see if they work good. I recommend the V-moda tips and the JVC tips I got off of amazon. They both work really well with the IE80s and FX700s. The V-moda work best with FX700 and seem to give even more micro detailing. I'm sure they also have these tips in medium and small depending on your ears. My ears take large though.

http://www.amazon.com/HA-NCX77-Replacement-Silicone-Tips-Large/dp/B003P8XOQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325019183&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Replacement-Silicone-V-MODA-V-moda/dp/B002X866S2/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=miscellaneous&ie=UTF8&qid=1325019215&sr=1-1-catcorr

Quote:
IE-8/80's Tip Tip:

For you guys who like Triple-Fi Silicone Tips but want a better build ala the Sony EX-10A's (with double silicon hard/soft composition) but unlike the Sony's, have a LARGE IE-X size opening...guess where some REAL nice tips can be had....wait for it....Radio Shack!
Plus the flange is extended a bit more than Triple-Fi's or Sony's so they sit nice n' deep-er.

Check it out:      AUVIO Silicone Tips #33-354

http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=silicone%20tips&origkw=silicone+tips&sr=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back