Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jan 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #1,276 of 7,699
Guys, I´m getting crazy here.

I sent my first pair of IE80´s back because the bass was overpowering.
Got an new pair.
Same problem!!!

I just found out that an airtight seal really causes the bass to go boomy as some members here said.

What´s wrong with Sennheiser? If I get a deep seal the bass is crap. A loose fit is really hard to get, especially with the Sennheiser tips.

Any idea?

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #1,278 of 7,699

Quote:
I think you are more a Grado-person if these have too much bass.

They only have too much bass with a deep seal.
However, trying to get a losse seal every time is really a struggle. Often they will start getting too loose and crawl out.

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #1,279 of 7,699
well i had the same problem but then i tried different tips and that drastically improved the bass,all i can say is try different tips,find the ones perfect for u and even then if u r not satisfied sell them move on try different IEM, try the future sonic atrio with mg7 driver they will get u tons of bass or the radius DDM they r made for bass heads n r gr8 value for money just around 160$. 

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #1,280 of 7,699
Anyone seen these at Dealextreme: http://dx.com/stylish-stereo-earphone-with-ear-hook-black-silver-3-5mm-jack-113082

IE 80 for sure, but is it fake or 'just stolen from factory'?

For the sake of comparison I would like to buy one, my mouse is almost clicking the buy button but probably it's a waste of money.

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #1,283 of 7,699
Logo could be removed with photoshop. Colours on dx images are not always the reality.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Jan 29, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,284 of 7,699

Quote:
Anyone seen these at Dealextreme: http://dx.com/stylish-stereo-earphone-with-ear-hook-black-silver-3-5mm-jack-113082

IE 80 for sure, but is it fake or 'just stolen from factory'?

For the sake of comparison I would like to buy one, my mouse is almost clicking the buy button but probably it's a waste of money.

Dude did you read the entire add. They aren't being untruthful. It says "replica" which means fake. :wink: I wouldn't waste my money on knock-offs and just pay to get the real thing from an authorized dealer. If in the USA email Razordog and haggle him down. He'll give you the best deal out of them all.

Jan 29, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #1,285 of 7,699
No offence lee but the only one speaking of replicas is a 'user' on the forum. I know they probably are fake and are not as good as the real IE 80. I am merely curious how they sound and if they come close to the real thing.

P.S. I already own real, original, authentic IE 80. See my sig.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Jan 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #1,286 of 7,699
If they sound anything like the fake IE8's, then they have poor sound - not worth $5, less $50. The only value they have is for someone to try and sucker someone else into buying them. As for 'replica' - in the ad for these IEM's - it clearly states they are replica IE80's - they photoshop the S out of the pics, otherwise they try to look like the real thing.... although I have never seen a fake IE80 (and hopefully never will) - I wonder if they have managed to copy the new retail box. From what I understand, there was a Chinese factory that was hired to build IE8's and when they couldn't satisfy Sennheiser re: quality - they lost the contract, but still threw in a dynamic speaker and that's why we have a flood of IE8's... I would think that to build a fake set of IE8's from scratch would be prohibitively expensive - I mean, look at the complexity of the box! - but since this factory already had the tooling, it was easy to flood the market with fakes.... Now they never got the tooling to build the new box - so I doubt they have it.... yet.

Jan 29, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #1,287 of 7,699

Quote:
Now they never got the tooling to build the new box - so I doubt they have it.... yet.

I wouldn't ever under-estimate the 'creativity' of Chinese counterfeiters....The IE-80 box is mostly a folded paper product, not hard to re-create...BUT the BIGGEST fact to remember is this: REAL IE-80's are made in China by Chinese workers with all the parts (maybe not the drivers, but they're invisible) also made by Chinese suppliers. So, it's not hard to imagine a whole cottage industry of Chinese 'back door' factories and 'diverted' Sennheiser parts from the real Chinese suppliers....including the box and packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back