Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #1,231 of 7,699

Quote:
Lostid lol. Once I get my Customs I'll post you some pics of how they look. You won't find them ugly at all I bet :wink:. They are fit for a King! Heir.

I know they fit perfectly, but seeing the pics of those customs so far the looks are not for me. I look more "professional" with the IE80. LOL.

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #1,232 of 7,699

Quote:
I know they fit perfectly, but seeing the pics of those customs so far the looks are not for me. I look more "professional" with the IE80. LOL.

My left driver will be the blue color while my right one will be the greenish/blue color. My faceplates will be wood with bamboo (same pic). The tip will have that clear appearance you can see on the purple drivers.

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #1,233 of 7,699

Quote:

My left driver will be the blue color while my right one will be the greenish/blue color. My faceplates will be wood with bamboo (same pic). The tip will have that clear appearance you can see on the purple drivers.

I don't want to have these pieces of arts stuck in my ears. LOL

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #1,234 of 7,699
They'll be glad to be stuck in mine :wink:. This is Heirs flagship 8 driver custom. From the reviews this IEM is the sound signature I am looking for. I love the warm sound signature yet with lots of detail.

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #1,235 of 7,699

Quote:
They'll be glad to be stuck in mine :wink:. This is Heirs flagship 8 driver custom. From the reviews this IEM is the sound signature I am looking for. I love the warm sound signature yet with lots of detail.

I see you decided on your first pair of customs 
beerchug.gif

I too have the 8.A on the way and I'm sure we'll both be very happy with the Wiz's craftsmanship and more importantly, the sound. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #1,236 of 7,699

Quote:
I see you decided on your first pair of customs 
beerchug.gif

I too have the 8.A on the way and I'm sure we'll both be very happy with the Wiz's craftsmanship and more importantly, the sound. 

I'm curious though its 8 drivers per IEM right now 4 in each?

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #1,237 of 7,699

Quote:
I'm curious though its 8 drivers per IEM right now 4 in each?

There are 8 drivers per side, with a 4 way crossover. So there will be a total of 16 drivers combined. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #1,238 of 7,699

Quote:
There are 8 drivers per side, with a 4 way crossover. So there will be a total of 16 drivers combined. 

I hope this is the end all for me lol. Don't want to end up like averagejoe and set the Guinness world record for most money spend on audio and the owner of most custom IEMS lol.

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #1,239 of 7,699

Quote:
I hope this is the end all for me lol. Don't want to end up like averagejoe and set the Guinness world record for most money spend on audio and the owner of most custom IEMS lol.

Haha ditto for me. I've purchased 3 CIEMs in the past 3 months so hopefully this will be my last one for a looonnng while. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #1,240 of 7,699

Quote:
Haha ditto for me. I've purchased 3 CIEMs in the past 3 months so hopefully this will be my last one for a looonnng while. 

The only other 2 that would have my interest are the Starkey SA-43 and the SE 5 Way. Who knows if I hit the lottery I may have em all :wink:

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #1,241 of 7,699
Woo baby, these ie80's are fun.  Fit's a bitch but I've found it.  Quite a different experience from the W4's.  Very nice from the Ipod 7g Classic.  Very smooth treble.  The W4's had instances of sibilance once in a while.  

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #1,242 of 7,699

Quote:
Woo baby, these ie80's are fun.  Fit's a bitch but I've found it.  Quite a different experience from the W4's.  Very nice from the Ipod 7g Classic.  Very smooth treble.  The W4's had instances of sibilance once in a while.  

Glad to hear you like it. I find the IE80 to be a heaven for my classical music with that big sound stage, details and quality bass. I couldn't ask for more from these bad boys.

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #1,243 of 7,699
Just got IE80 and having one hell of a time fitting them in.
I have quite big ear canals and even the largest tips (Comply, single and double flanges) don't seal at all. I have a CX200 and they barely fit OK with the largest tips which is the same single flange tips included with IE80.
Because the plastic housing is so big, they wouldn't get as far in as the CX200 (their housing is slightly smaller than the largest tips so the whole thing goes in further down)
I am dying to try these out but they sound so much worse than CX200 for now
mad.gif

I've tried to adjust the position by rotating but no luck.
What are my options? Do they sell even larger (or perhaps longer is what I need) tips?
So frustrating
frown.gif

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #1,244 of 7,699

Quote:
Just got IE80 and having one hell of a time fitting them in.
I have quite big ear canals and even the largest tips (Comply, single and double flanges) don't seal at all. I have a CX200 and they barely fit OK with the largest tips which is the same single flange tips included with IE80.
Because the plastic housing is so big, they wouldn't get as far in as the CX200 (their housing is slightly smaller than the largest tips so the whole thing goes in further down)
I am dying to try these out but they sound so much worse than CX200 for now
mad.gif

I've tried to adjust the position by rotating but no luck.
What are my options? Do they sell even larger (or perhaps longer is what I need) tips?
So frustrating
frown.gif

You can try putting the large single flange tip over the double flange tips and that should give you a seal at least until you get some other tips. What you do is force the inner flange into the opening of the double flange and then put them onto the IE80. That always gave me a great seal although too tight IMO. Also I'll post a couple links to large single flange tips from JVC and Vmoda on amazon. Are you using the housing to help you get a seal? I also use the IE80 housing to help attain a seal and it works like a charm. Try inserting the housing by sweeping into your ear canal from the base of your ear canal and twist.

http://www.amazon.com/HA-NCX77-Replacement-Silicone-Tips-Large/dp/B003P8XOQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327612734&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Replacement-Silicone-V-MODA-V-moda/dp/B002X866S2/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1327612769&sr=1-1-catcorr

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #1,245 of 7,699
How the heck do you put a single flange tip OVER a double flange tip? Looks like it's no where close to fitting.
And do you mean the dark gray double flange tip or the black double flange tip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back