Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jul 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #4,730 of 7,699
Maybe you should drop down 1 size? If they are AUVIO's you can return / exchange them till you get the best fit.

Forgot to get back at you. Thnx for sending me a pair. Isolation and seal on them are great; i found the bass more impact and meat i think due to achieving a proper seal. However, like i said, they are not comfortable. Even if i get the small set, i doubt taht i would still use the ie80s when they get here :frowning2:.

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #4,734 of 7,699
I got my IE 80 a month ago and it was perfect so far except the tips...the stock tips does not fit well and the isolation seems to be a problem to me.

So I bought medium size TX-500  Comply foam tips from Amazon.ca(3 pairs package),  I checked the comply foam website  and it confirmed that the
tip should fit ie80. But when I got these tips today, I found it is impossible to insert the nozzle into the comply tips. The problem I see is the wax-guard built in the tips seems to be very very solid and I cannot push the nozzle in.  I can not try it harder coz I am afraid I will destroy the nozzle in that way ....

Anyone use comply foams have the same fitting problem before? It is really frustrated:frowning2:....

Any reply is appreciated.

Thanks guys:)

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #4,735 of 7,699
The 'wax guard' should not be preventing the nozzle from completely entering the eartip. If it does you need to get the T-500's w/no wax guard so there's no blocking. I still find it wierd / disturbing that the wax guard is in the way of the nozzle...it should be near the end of the nozzle.

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #4,736 of 7,699
Thank you burtomr,

The size of the guard is just about the same as the nozzle of ie80 and the matetial of  wax guard is rigid plastic , so that's why it prevents the nozzle entering.  If by any chance I could enter the nozzle into the tip, I am afraid it would be very hard to pull the nozzle out or even break the nozzle  when I switch to another pair of tips...

There is no doubt  to send these tips back and find something else which could give ie80 better fit...Any suggestions guys?

Quote:
The 'wax guard' should not be preventing the nozzle from completely entering the eartip. If it does you need to get the T-500's w/no wax guard so there's no blocking. I still find it wierd / disturbing that the wax guard is in the way of the nozzle...it should be near the end of the nozzle.

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #4,737 of 7,699
Quote:
There is no doubt  to send these tips back and find something else which could give ie80 better fit...Any suggestions guys?

Got Radio Shack?

If so, try AUVIO's. The absolutely positively fit IE-80's perfectly and depending on your anatomy may fit you perfectly too. Seriously they are extremely comfortable and if you don't like 'em you can return 'em or get a different size, etc.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18352026

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #4,738 of 7,699
Thank you for the suggestion

Is Radio Shack a US store/company? I live in Canada where is hard to find earphone tips in local stores(at least in my city)....And even in Amazon.ca, the choices are limited...

I will see if I can get these AUVIO's from local /amazon/ ebay and also ask the seller of my comply tips if he could exchange a pair without the wax guard for me.

Thank you burtomr:)

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #4,739 of 7,699
ok so i received my JVC tips...they doesnt fit perfectly like my sony hybrids so they doesnt give the same low basses quality :frowning2:
on the other side i can hear better details and clarity, sony hybrids muffle the sound a bit :/

any help? what else should i try?

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #4,740 of 7,699
Quote:
I got my IE 80 a month ago and it was perfect so far except the tips...the stock tips does not fit well and the isolation seems to be a problem to me.

So I bought medium size TX-500  Comply foam tips from Amazon.ca(3 pairs package),  I checked the comply foam website  and it confirmed that the
tip should fit ie80. But when I got these tips today, I found it is impossible to insert the nozzle into the comply tips. The problem I see is the wax-guard built in the tips seems to be very very solid and I cannot push the nozzle in.  I can not try it harder coz I am afraid I will destroy the nozzle in that way ....

Comply tips pairing with IE80 does not sound good as it absorbs lots of mids and highs,
which worsens the weakness of IE80.
So far, I've found UE tips (see the below pic) provide excellent comfort and sounding,
but isolation is something you have to sacrifice. They are not as good as the comply ones.
But still they are good enough while the music is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back