Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jun 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #4,666 of 7,699
Quote:
I just got the mail from the toxic cable, they give you the hole package cable plugs heatsrink etc for 118£ if you DIY for yourself.
I think that's good, as I read the reviews.

Thats a good deal indeed for those who can do DIY. I have the silver poison right now made by the toxic cable itself and i can confirm that it improves the sound quality.

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #4,667 of 7,699
So how do these silver cables improve the sound? What exactly are the changes?

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #4,668 of 7,699
Quote:
So how do these silver cables improve the sound? What exactly are the changes?

to my ears the obvious improvement is better imaging,mids become more forward,brighter and add abit of detail.
its a great investment if you are planning to keep the ie80 for a long time. i really like the sound with silver cable,bass dial up to the max and tape mod.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #4,671 of 7,699
Quote:
which one of the plus sound cables?

i never tried plus sound cable with ie80 sorry but from what i understand is all silver do add space and treble to the sound while copper sounds warmer and bassy.
Quote:
Hi

lightningfarron I saw your great headphones collection
smily_headphones1.gif
Congratulations!
Can I ask you to write a couple word about how far is the ie80 from your ciems?

Thank you

Thanks :). in my honest opinion i feel that the difference between the custom iem that i owned with my ie80 is not that far as some people say (or my custom is just not that good?). while custom iem is the better sounding one i dont fell like the price different is worth it. with the silver poison cable,studio v,bass dial to the max with tape mod i started to like the ie80 more. To be honest i didnt like the ie80 until i get a good synergy with my source.
(please take my comment with a grain of salt btw because im not an audiophile)

Jun 25, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #4,672 of 7,699
Thanks mate, really informative.

One more question if you don't mind.
What is that tape mode for the bass dial?
Actually I using mine on the middle because I use my mobile (gs note) as a source ~ RSA predator line in (only) ~ than the ie80.
I going to change my phone for note2 on the weekend than I can use the RSA as an amp/dac, until that's not done I don't want to mess with the bass dial.

Jun 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #4,673 of 7,699
Quote:

Actually I using mine on the middle because I use my mobile (gs note) as a source ~ RSA predator line in (only) ~ than the ie80.
I going to change my phone for note2 on the weekend than I can use the RSA as an amp/dac, until that's not done I don't want to mess with the bass dial.

I could be wrong but I would have thought that the tape mod, which I am using, would have taken the bass dial totally out of the equation. From what I can gather the bass dial controls the amount of air available to the diaphragm speakers. Cover the dial and this disappears?

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #4,674 of 7,699
Quote:

its a simple mod, just put an tape to cover the bass dial :).
Quote:
I could be wrong but I would have thought that the tape mod, which I am using, would have taken the bass dial totally out of the equation. From what I can gather the bass dial controls the amount of air available to the diaphragm speakers. Cover the dial and this disappears?

i dont understand how it works too but i just like how it sounds when the bass dial is on max when the tape mod is applied.

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #4,679 of 7,699
Quote:
One other good point, I read somewhere here sometimes that silver plate falls off so you can make safe to cover it.
A little clean tape could be good?

yup. just a little tape can change the sound of the ie80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back