Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Jun 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #4,606 of 7,699
I got the AUVIO tips from radioshack, thanks for the recommendation burtomr!  I always use M tips and Auvio M tips were perfect fit for me (excelent seal/comfort). None of the stock tips worked for me which is kind of ridicilous. Auvio's opening depth is slightly more than the stock double flange's. Did anyone compare auvio tips to stock tips in terms of sound?
the only stock tip that works for me is the m silicon ones..the other ones don't..maybe the comply like ones the large ones but other then that the tips suck..what the hell are those funny looking ones..all they did was hurt my ears.. I don't get that they were thinking.. I do also have some tips from other headphones that work too..like my b&w c5 tips and my heir 4ai tips..wow did they ever miss the mark with the tips..

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #4,607 of 7,699
Which tip out of those is your favorite pacman?

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #4,608 of 7,699
Quote:
the only stock tip that works for me is the m silicon ones..the other ones don't..maybe the comply like ones the large ones but other then that the tips suck..what the hell are those funny looking ones..all they did was hurt my ears.. I don't get that they were thinking.. I do also have some tips from other headphones that work too..like my b&w c5 tips and my heir 4ai tips..wow did they ever miss the mark with the tips..

I will say that I have never used, for any length of time, the tips that came with the IE8 or 80 - lol. It doesn't detract from my enjoyment of these cans.

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #4,609 of 7,699
Which tip out of those is your favorite pacman?
I'm using the medium silicon stock ones rite now.. I like them they don't give the isolation so it keeps the bass a less powerful.. When I want a lot of bass I use the heir 4ai medium silicon ones..they insulate really good for me and I get alot more bass..I'm not too much of a bass head so the medium stock ones keep the bass in check and really gives me all I need..I really bought these to have something different and to be honest I can't stop listening to them..lol I think they are wonderful.

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #4,610 of 7,699
I haven't tried the bass dial on these things yet..I'm curious when you turn it up will it actually give me more bass or will it bring up the mids to be on par with the bass and treble..?? Maybe that's a dumb question but I read somewhere that someone said it does that....I do like it rite where it is :)

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #4,611 of 7,699
Im in Canada and the auvio tips are out of my reach. Can some1 help me get these, while i wait for my ciems?
frown.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #4,612 of 7,699
Notice one thing with these..they don't sound half as good straight out of my iPod as they do amped. I'm using the e11 rite now and they sound pretty good but I'm buying a alo national in a couple weeks can't wait they sound amazing through it :) .is there any other amps you guys would recommend.??..

Jun 14, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #4,614 of 7,699
I hear that the Sony hybrids work well..once I wanted to try them for another earphone I have so I went to bestbuy and bought I think they were about 15 bucks.. A cheap pair of Sony earphones and they came with the hybrids..I got three or four pairs with it..for that cheap why not ya know..it's worth a shot cause they are expensive I think to buy on eBay or wherever..I hope that helps :)
Im in Canada and the auvio tips are out of my reach. Can some1 help me get these, while i wait for my ciems?
frown.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #4,615 of 7,699
pacman46, do you mind doing a comparison between the IE80 and the 4A.i? Not too long before, someone, after got his 4A.i actually came back to bash the IE80 pretty hard. I just want to know whether the IE80 is actually that bad compared to the Heir.

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #4,616 of 7,699
Quote:
God, I'm still just so disappointed in these IE80's..They just dont seem to get loud enough and don't sound as clear as my HD650's.

Am I just spoiled by the 650's? Is this normal and IEM's can't sound as good as refernece quality headphones?

Just got my IE80s, used, so should be broken-in. Definitely a change from the HD650, but, as much as I am a fan of the 650s, I am impressed with the IE80. Took a while, but, they are best of IEM that I have owned.

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #4,617 of 7,699
I don't understand comparing full size open backs of any make to IEM's? It's just not going to give the same sound. i'm sitting here listening to my HD800's + HDVD800 in my study and they're just so, so good. However I don't try to compare them to my IEM's - it's just not a like for like comparison. Sennheiser say that the IE800's are the equivalent to the HD800's in terms of IEM's, but they just can't match the open, airy soundstage from the HD800's. However they sound bloody good anyway.

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #4,618 of 7,699
Quote:
I don't understand comparing full size open backs of any make to IEM's? It's just not going to give the same sound. i'm sitting here listening to my HD800's + HDVD800 in my study and they're just so, so good. However I don't try to compare them to my IEM's - it's just not a like for like comparison. Sennheiser say that the IE800's are the equivalent to the HD800's in terms of IEM's, but they just can't match the open, airy soundstage from the HD800's. However they sound bloody good anyway.

+1
I never heard any iem that can match fullsize when had a proper setup.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #4,619 of 7,699
Jun 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #4,620 of 7,699
pacman46, do you mind doing a comparison between the IE80 and the 4A.i? Not too long before, someone, after got his 4A.i actually came back to bash the IE80 pretty hard. I just want to know whether the IE80 is actually that bad compared to the Heir.
no I think that the senns are great..they are fast becoming my favorite iem..and in a hury too..I like my heirs too specially when I'm listening to music for all the detail..for rockn roll the senns imo blow them away..don't get me wrong I do like the heirs alot they are just different..and speaking of detail I was surprised just how much detail they have and while keeping that nice hard hitting bottem end..can't wait for them to get up over 200 hours on them to see how they sound then..not really sure why anyone would bash any headphone / iem..I think it comes down to personal taste..maybe this person wasn't getting a proper seal...which is not that easy with these or he didn't let them burn in..either way I think he's wrong as I'm no bass head and like I said these are fastly becoming my favorite iem...the heirs have a really nice almost ballenced sound..I say almost cause there is a dip around the 4k mark that you really don't notice till you compare them to something a little more ballenced like the er4s or with the eq bump up the 4k a couple notches then you notice..but other then that they sound great..they to me are more of a treble iem with really tight fast bass..not a bass head iem by no means..they are very clear and very detailed yet they are a little on the dark side of things..the senns have great hard hitting fast bass nice smooth highs and the mids are ok too.. A little pushed back I think but that's part of the signature..when I got the senns I noticed rite away just how wide the soundstage is its quit amazing..where as the heirs are more in your face with a more narrow soundstage...they both are different in there signatures and you'll like one or the other or if your like me you'll like both for different things..when I want to listen to detail I listen to my heirs..when I want to lay back and just listen and enjoy the music without being critical about it I listen to my senns.. I'm not really that good at explaining this stuff but I hope that helps..like I said I'm loving these headphones juat wish I had of bought them sooner they are fantastic.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back