Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Apr 14, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #2,176 of 7,699
Looks interesting....so the IE800 was real, came by a few pictures from a Chinese forum reviews on a prototype IE800 but of course google translator sucks and I can't read Chinese. Definitely looks unique, reminds me of a jet exhaust, but yet again, 7mm incorporated extra wide DD, those two exhaust holes have to exhaust all that air compression inside from the drivers and seems like another bass monster me thinks. Maybe manufacturers are going for futuristic looks after AKG's recent K3003??....

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #2,177 of 7,699

Quote:

It's only $2.20 per day for one yr. Pack some lunches and you can do it.
wink_face.gif

i agree - its all about priorities- headphones or food - the choice is obvious 
popcorn.gif

those ie800's look fantastic -  the dual bass port styling reminds me of the rear fins of those great big long 1950's american cars.

knowing sennheiser they will probably sound awesome and knowing me i will probably buy some for the exact same reason i bought their HD800's -

as for the cable the option to purchase an aftermarket cable to further improve sound would have been a big advantage - maybe the design is sensitive to cables and they just dont want people messing around and then blaming sennheiser for poor results ?

I have just bought the ie80's last week but in the past couple years I have bought about $15k of audio gear and this is the first time i have been caught on the edge of a new model release so i guess its not too bad a result- wont stop me from buying the ie800's if they review very well. I will probably keep both

Apr 14, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #2,178 of 7,699

Quote:

It's only $2.20 per day for one yr. Pack some lunches and you can do it.
wink_face.gif

i guess i have to pack my own lunch from now on
biggrin.gif
i was saving money to buy the s535 i guess now i should save for the ie800 instead

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #2,179 of 7,699
Interesting. IE800 is the most expensive universal I've ever seen. For that price you can get customs.

Looking forward to impressions.

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #2,180 of 7,699
I think the AKG k3003 are more costly, no?

Quote:
Interesting. IE800 is the most expensive universal I've ever seen. For that price you can get customs.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Apr 14, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #2,181 of 7,699

Quote:

AKG3003 are more expensive. The main advantage I would see with these is the resale value. With customs you are taking a risk and will lose out a lot more on resale value when compared to a universal IEM of the same price range.

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #2,184 of 7,699

Quote:
Why not go with a bang and go for the 8A :wink:

Why lol? I have the ES5's and am only interested in hearing Imperial's impressions because his recently moved on from universals and getting impressions done for his 4A nearby where I live so I can tell my mum to go there (if there service is good, since it's a lot cheaper then my ES5 audiologist) and get herself a set of 4A's. I think the 8A will be too overkill for my mum's needs. 

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #2,185 of 7,699

Quote:
Why lol? I have the ES5's and am only interested in hearing Imperial's impressions because his recently moved on from universals and getting impressions done for his 4A nearby where I live so I can tell my mum to go there (if there service is good, since it's a lot cheaper then my ES5 audiologist) and get herself a set of 4A's. I think the 8A will be too overkill for my mum's needs. 

Oh ok :). Didn't know you had the ES5s. Are they similar sounding to the 8As though?

Anyways its nice that you are getting your mom a pair of customs. Either that or you are setting her up for a crash course of credit card debt. :wink:

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #2,187 of 7,699

Quote:
Oh ok :). Didn't know you had the ES5s. Are they similar sounding to the 8As though?

Anyways its nice that you are getting your mom a pair of customs. Either that or you are setting her up for a crash course of credit card debt. :wink:

Yeah I've had my ES5's for quite a while now, little while after I got my IE7 like ages ago. I don't know if its similar sounding to the 8A but I do know that both are very refined and clarity wise top CIEM's, possibly the 8A's will edge the ES5 out due to its extra drivers don't know.

lol Only reason I'm getting my mum her own audio setup is because after I got LCD2's month ago, she had a listen and preferred it over my 800's, so now she's demanding her own setup, so I'm hopefully going to get her, her own custom, passing my Toshiba Gigabeat 60GB Rockboxed onto her. I don't think she would want my old RSA Predator as it turns the whole portable setup into a brick.....so yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back