Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Oct 5, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #197 of 7,699
I know they aren't perfect but I really enjoyed the IE8. I hope that the reports of tweaks to the sound are true. I would love for the veil to be lifted and the upper frequencies a little more prevalent.

Oct 9, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #198 of 7,699

Quote:
I know they aren't perfect but I really enjoyed the IE8. I hope that the reports of tweaks to the sound are true. I would love for the veil to be lifted and the upper frequencies a little more prevalent.

i agree, but i think the treble is prevalent enough for me

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #199 of 7,699
I sent in my IE8 to be repaired and its on super backordered. I called in yesterday, sennheiser sale person told me that I will have my replaced with a newer version. And here's the confirmation I received!! 199 is the charge for the repair not cover by the warranty   SO i guess it will be out in December?

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #200 of 7,699
Nice call! Guess we know just when to expect it now. 
biggrin.gif

P.S. Are you being charged $199.95 for the 'replacement' or is that merely written there, but within coverage?

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #203 of 7,699
Ok, I've confirmed that there will be no IE8-IE80 bump up from several sources, and there is gonna be a fairly interesting review soon on my blog within the next couple weeks...

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #206 of 7,699
I replace a broken pair recently as well(about a month ago), the new pair sound dramatically more clear, with more detail in both the mids and the highs. the sound is so much more clear that I am sure these are different from my original pair, though I cannot confirm my hunch with any proof other than what i am hearing.

base impact unaffected.

Oct 15, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #208 of 7,699

Quote:
I replace a broken pair recently as well(about a month ago), the new pair sound dramatically more clear, with more detail in both the mids and the highs. the sound is so much more clear that I am sure these are different from my original pair, though I cannot confirm my hunch with any proof other than what i am hearing.

base impact unaffected.

huh so u got one?

Oct 16, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #210 of 7,699
They have the IE8 housing, but they sound like an IE8 with the majority of the problems i had removed(base hump reduced), I am still shocked at how much more clear this set is, the old set was worse than my DDMs, but the new set blows the DDMs away without having to be EQed.

I think I might be going crazy, but I noticed the difference before I knew that there would be IE80s. I'm definitely getting the IE80s when they come out for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back