Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Sep 19, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #136 of 7,699
Am I the only one curious to know from where exactly and for how much our friend maniacal71 acquired those IE80's? Hmm? 
blink.gif

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #137 of 7,699

Quote:
Am I the only one curious to know from where exactly and for how much our friend maniacal71 acquired those IE80's? Hmm? 
blink.gif

Nope, I too would like to know where and how much he/she got it for. I'm quite intent on getting myself the Sennheiser IE80s.

Been googling and it seems no retailer has them stocked as of yet.

So maniacal71, it be nice if you could tell us where and how you got them.

Thanks. 

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #139 of 7,699
I too am interested but only from a sonic perspective. Having gone down the $350+ route only to reselle for $225 because I wasn't satisfied with the sound of the IE8, I would need A LOT OF CONVINCING to do it again LOL.

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #140 of 7,699
Sorry guys been busy as a bee lately, I still burning them in and am scheduled to meet a friend who has the IE8, so I can only post fairly after i audition both side by side. As for where i got them.....It's a secret. As per what i've already posted at Headphiles, the other members have mentioned that it is how the description of the IE8s were. So it might be dissapointing for some to hear that. But nonetheless, once i get a comparo i will post my review.

Sep 21, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #141 of 7,699

Quote:
Sorry guys been busy as a bee lately, I still burning them in and am scheduled to meet a friend who has the IE8, so I can only post fairly after i audition both side by side. As for where i got them.....It's a secret. As per what i've already posted at Headphiles, the other members have mentioned that it is how the description of the IE8s were. So it might be dissapointing for some to hear that. But nonetheless, once i get a comparo i will post my review.

It sounds illegal. 
blink.gif

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #142 of 7,699
Quote:

Could you please link to this so called IE80 discussion thread? I've yet to find it.

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #143 of 7,699
LOLs dude ofcourse its illegal that is why source is not disclosed. Any how if we had an initial impression it would have had been great. But we will have to wait and see whats going on and how is it different from the IE8's which i personally think is never gonna happen. Any ways if it sounds same as the IE8's its will be a stupid move from sennheiser since people never asked for a fabric change what we want from sennheiser is a fresh sound and if possible better from the already rocking sound of IE8's. Well lets wait and watch. 

So maniacal71 Give us a good news that we dont have to change our IE8's and a bad news that sennheiser dint give us any thing new and fresh.
popcorn.gif

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #145 of 7,699
I spoke to the sennheiser rep that supplies our audio store, and asked estimated release in Canada. Also asked if I could trade in my IE8's with cash for the upgrade, and I know this guy well; he said Sennheiser can't do anything like that for me 
confused_face.gif

Quote:
I see u have Sennheiser connections. I need to make a few of my own

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 21, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #146 of 7,699

Hey if you can burn out your IE8s before the warranty ends then you get upgraded to the IE80s :wink:. I wonder if they are even any different. Not sure if the difference in the driver housing will have an effect on the sound.
Quote:
I spoke to the sennheiser rep that supplies our audio store, and asked estimated release in Canada. Also asked if I could trade in my IE8's with cash for the upgrade, and I know this guy well; he said Sennheiser can't do anything like that for me 
confused_face.gif

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #147 of 7,699
they were bought in 2009, when I was... 16 YEARS OLD! Wow, my journey started young into audio haha. Warranty doesn't apply any longer :frowning2:

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #148 of 7,699
At least you got your moneys worth. Although my IE8s do have a 2 year warranty I opted for square trades 3 year extended warranty. So I have additional time just in case.

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #149 of 7,699
well, hopefully I can get my hands on a pair for a good price. I should be able to sell mine at a pretty good price locally here in canada. Fund a bit more than half of the cost of ie80's i hope!

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #150 of 7,699
Any chance the Sennheiser IE80s will be available in retail before October 2011? Am I being too optimistic here? (Clearly as maniacal71 has shown it's already available for the select few, why not the rest?)

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back