Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Mar 22, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #7,351 of 7,998
I’m very impressed with the ie800.
I find myself spending more hours with them
then my HD800. Currently driving them off an iPhone and AQ Red. My curiosity is going to get the better of me because I feel
there is more detail hidden in there that the Red cannot expose. Currently trying to track down a different mobile source.

Mar 22, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #7,352 of 7,998
I’m very impressed with the ie800.
I find myself spending more hours with them
then my HD800. Currently driving them off an iPhone and AQ Red. My curiosity is going to get the better of me because I feel
there is more detail hidden in there that the Red cannot expose. Currently trying to track down a different mobile source.

That is why I still keep the original IE800.

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #7,353 of 7,998
Mar 27, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #7,354 of 7,998
Just a quick note and praise on Sennheiser customer service:
I sent in a ie800 with the cables gone stiff, and that beyond really being usable. I had them for several years, very low serial, and had no waranty left. I expected I price estimate, but instead received a free replacement, now with s/n 51xxx
very very impressed!
I assume, that new batch wont have the cable issues anymore?
anyways, Thank you Sennheiser!
Cheers from Frankfurt,
Tomi

Mar 27, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #7,356 of 7,998
Just a quick note and praise on Sennheiser customer service:
I sent in a ie800 ...........received a free replacement, now with s/n 51xxx
very very impressed!
Cheers from Frankfurt,
Tomi

Ditto

Mine were/still under warranty...but it was a pleasant surprise to receive a new unopened box for replacement.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #7,358 of 7,998
I took a few photos of IE800 during my Cayin N5ii review :)

Hope you like :)

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_74.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_70.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_71.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_75.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_117.jpg

Mar 28, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #7,359 of 7,998
Hola a todos, actualmente tengo el ibasso 03. ¿Estos son mejores y en qué aspectos?
Hola Matias. Lamentablemente no te puedo proporcionar la comparación directa ya que no tengo los Ibasso IT03. Sin embargo prefiero los IE800 sobre los Shure SE846, Senns HD700, Philips FIdelio X2 y HifiMan HE-400i. Y por mucho. De lo que he leido sobre los IT03 - no se me antojan porque ya tengo Sony XBA-4 que tienen una signatura similar pero ni se acercan a los IE800. La claridad y naturalidad de sonido es lo que resalta además de escucharse como auífonos abiertos. La desventaja radica en las limitaciones del diseño, específicamente en que los cables no son removibles por lo que tienes que tratarlos con sumo cuidado. A manera de como yo lo entiendo y tomando en cuenta la información que he leido al respecto, los IT03 suenan con menos "vida", menos naturales, con menos detalles, mas cerrados y con peores bajos que los IE800.
Es solo mi opinión y espero que te sea de utilidad alguna.
Saludos.
--quick version in English: I have not heard IT03 personally, but given what I have read I am not sure they can be compared to IE800. I seriously doubt they (Ibasso IT03) can compete with open-backed cans like HD700 and HE-400i (and I have some serious doubts about them being comparable to SE846), while I prefer Senns IE800 to those two (to me IE800 sounds noticeably better and even soundstage is comparable). It is just my personal opinion and since I have not heard IT03, take it with a huge grain of salt.

Apr 9, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #7,361 of 7,998
Hello, first post here.

So on an impulse, I bought these earphones and all I've got to say is...WOW!!!

A little backround on myself. I'm an absolute noob when it comes to audio stuff. I'm coming from Apple earpods which I thought were actually as good as it gets. Ignorant, I know...

Anyway, I spend around 10-12 hours a day working on a laptop with the majorty of the time listening to music. So one day, I decide that I'm going to get the very best earphones I can possibly find in an attempt to make work a little more bearable.

Little did I know premium earphones can get this pricey. Oh well, I had my mind made up so I treated myself and ordered these online based on the reviews here and the relatively simple contruction and ease of use (compared to something like the Shure SE846). I actually got a decent deal on these, $550 brand new.

I don't know any of the fancy technical terms that you audiophiles use so i won't go there. All I can say is that upon firing up the first song on these I nearly fell out of my seat. I immediately thought, "how in the world could something so tiny sound so incredible?"

Anyway, I'm hooked but now the problem is I literally can't get any work done. It's impossible to focus on anything other than the beautiful sounds that are flowing throught these wonderful IEM's. These things literally change the way I see (or hear) music. I'm torn now because I'm so used to listening through subpar earphones and speakers that I think I may be dealing with some kind of withdrawl from crappy audio. Is that even a thing? It's like waking up from the Matrix. I honestly don't know if I can keep these and still be productive. Maybe that'll wear off eventually I hope.

Also, there are times when the sounds hit so hard that my eyes cross. Should I be worried about that? Anyway, thank you all for the great reviews here. It made my decision a whole lot easier to make, especially considering the high cost. I now know I've made the right decision.

Also a shout out to Sennheiser.

Cheers!

That’s quite an upgrade! I believe as you use your Sennheisers more, the initial distraction will subside ... not to say you won’t continue to enjoy the IE 800 immensely, but the wow factor will settle. Congrats on your first post and your entry into the wonderful world of high end audio. :beerchug:

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #7,362 of 7,998
That’s quite an upgrade! I believe as you use your Sennheisers more, the initial distraction will subside ... not to say you won’t continue to enjoy the IE 800 immensely, but the wow factor will settle. Congrats on your first post and your entry into the wonderful world of high end audio. :beerchug:

Thanks. I'm already thinking about pairing these up with an Audioquest Dragonfly DAC.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #7,363 of 7,998
Thanks. I'm already thinking about pairing these up with an Audioquest Dragonfly DAC. I didn't even know what a DAC was until yesterday. Oh what have I gotten myself into now.....

Keep an eye out in the classifieds here under both Amplifiers and Sources for a Chord Mojo. I’ve see them sell for as little as the low $300s, and in my opinion, it mates up with your IE 800 beautifully—I own this combo myself. The Dragonfly Red is a good DAC/amp for $200, but the Mojo is a huge step up, worthy of your $800 iem.

What have you gotten yourself into now? A little lighter in the wallet but a blissful time listening to your favorite music, that’s for sure!

Apr 9, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #7,364 of 7,998
I got a mojo for sale if interested lemme know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back