Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
May 8, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #3,406 of 7,998
Yes, it say it is authentic.

--   I just switched tips to the small ovals and it seems like there is a larger difference now.  I had tried them yesterday, not sure if they are oriented different but now it sounds better than the Sony's or my DIY ones (apparently there is not a good seal unless I really got them in good).

This makes me hopeful, but I'm not 100% convinced yet.  There was no question in my mind before.  Maybe I just need those properly fitting tips and I'm fatigued/ having a bad sound day.

Stress, tiredness and repititveness can cause that. I normally take 2 days break and everything is sounds Wonderful again. For me its mostly lack of sleep, which make everything around me dull. Psychoacoustics is very real.

Regarding the tip, these dont need deep insertion. Use a larger tip and try shallow fit.

May 8, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #3,407 of 7,998
Yes, it say it is authentic.

--   I just switched tips to the small ovals and it seems like there is a larger difference now.  I had tried them yesterday, not sure if they are oriented different but now it sounds better than the Sony's or my DIY ones (apparently there is not a good seal unless I really got them in good).

This makes me hopeful, but I'm not 100% convinced yet.  There was no question in my mind before.  Maybe I just need those properly fitting tips and I'm fatigued/ having a bad sound day.

Getting correct seal very important. And being relaxed :)

May 8, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #3,408 of 7,998
Stress, tiredness and repititveness can cause that. I normally take 2 days break and everything is sounds Wonderful again. For me its mostly lack of sleep, which make everything around me dull. Psychoacoustics is very real.

Regarding the tip, these dont need deep insertion. Use a larger tip and try shallow fit.

Psychoacoustics... Nice.

I'd say this is one of the most stressful times in recent memory and now that you mention it, I am also sleep deprived. Taking a break sounds like it might be a good idea.  If not now, soon. (might need the music to help me get through this hump.)  Ok, thanks on  the tip advice :)  (My DIY one won't seal without it deeper but will try with larger.)

Getting correct seal very important. And being relaxed :)

Same as above. :)

Glad to get your feedback!

May 12, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #3,410 of 7,998
  Does anybody know if sennheiser still helps you if you are out of the 2 year period?

I mean, if i buy ie800, it is good for 2 years, do they still help me, if the cable hardens, even if i have to pay a price?

The IE 800 has been around for a couple of years now and there's no plans (yet) to discontinue it.  Do rest assured that we maintain a good amount of spare parts and accessories for most of our models. 

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 13, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #3,411 of 7,998
i dont know man ... im from singapore , and if suddenly one of the driver fails ,
im not sure how much it would cost me to repair it :frowning2:

May 14, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #3,412 of 7,998
Lost my large ear silicon tip a couple weeks back so I've been only listening to the 846's, IE800's are terrible without a good seal.  Today on Taobao I finally found people selling OEM IE800 replacement tips for cheap, thank god.

I honestly think this this one of the worst design decisions ever for Sennheiser.  Ugh, how the hell can you make the tips stay on so loose for something that's USED ON THE GO, and then make it even worse by making the tips propriety, What!!

May 14, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #3,413 of 7,998
  Lost my large ear silicon tip a couple weeks back so I've been only listening to the 846's, IE800's are terrible without a good seal.  Today on Taobao I finally found people selling OEM IE800 replacement tips for cheap, thank god.

I honestly think this this one of the worst design decisions ever for Sennheiser.  Ugh, how the hell can you make the tips stay on so loose for something that's USED ON THE GO, and then make it even worse by making the tips propriety, What!!

Probably you push ie800 to deep in the ear, and this is why the tip falls out.

I would really not do this, as ie800 seems to sound better with a shallow insertion. 

Also, i think that the tips decision is based on the fact that tips change signature more than anything, and as the flagship of sennheiser iems, ie800 should had a signature of their own.

As much as i understand these decisions, the decision to not have changeable cables is still questionable in my view.

May 14, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #3,415 of 7,998
Hey guys, you are right.. I have notice my wire is starting to get stiff.. So question, how stiff do they have to be for Sennhesier to replace them?

It need not be very stiff ... just simply until the degree where you hold the tips towards you , the cable remained horizontally pointing 1.1 m frontward . 
I guess that would guarantee a one to one swap :)

May 14, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #3,417 of 7,998
hahahaha !

May 14, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #3,420 of 7,998
  I have contacted Sennhesier Canada already.. They already gave me step by step instruction how to do an RMA so am good to go :)

Sennheiser has god tier warranty support so as long as you buy from an authorized dealer they should have your back no matter what. So if I were to get it, cable stiffening wouldnt deter me as I know that they would fix it for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back