Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Apr 21, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #1,846 of 7,998
I have been reading a lot about the poor microphonics of the cables of the IE800, but is the microphonics of these so bad that it is pointless to use them "on the go"?

For me, I use these solely for stationary use due to the microphonics and lack of secure in-ear fit.  I can't imagine using them while doing anything active.  That being said, I love them while working at my desk or relaxing.

Apr 21, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #1,848 of 7,998

For me, I use these solely for stationary use due to the microphonics and lack of secure in-ear fit.  I can't imagine using them while doing anything active.  That being said, I love them while working at my desk or relaxing.

Well, I don't mean to exercise(run, jump, etc) with them or the sort, I'm thinking more along the lines of walking to train station or a short hike round my park etc.

Will be bit of a shame if they are microphonic to that extend, but I guess they will stilll make a fantastic pair for office use. 
etysmile.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #1,849 of 7,998
  Well, I don't mean to exercise(run, jump, etc) with them or the sort, I'm thinking more along the lines of walking to train station or a short hike round my park etc.

Will be bit of a shame if they are microphonic to that extend, but I guess they will stilll make a fantastic pair for office use. 
etysmile.gif

I think that shirt clip would help tremendously for moderate activity, like walking to the train station.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #1,851 of 7,998
To me, the wireless setup described in my IE800 review is by far the most comfortable and secure solution. Anyone with an aptX-enabled source should try it.

Wireless headset: Using only the upper part of the cable together with a Nokia AD-53 adapter (2.5 to 3.5mm) and a wireless dongle like the Samsung HS3000 is a convenient solution. In fact this is how I use the IE800 for commuting, either cable down with the dongle clipped to my jacket, or over the ear with the dongle clipped to the shirt collar behind my neck. The latter is extremely handy and devoid of all microphonics, but obviously I can't use the dongle for phone calls that way.

Apr 23, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #1,853 of 7,998
I also really enjoyed the IE800's bass.

I'm thinking of buying them again. The treble was a little thin, but otherwise the detailed mids and sub-bass were great.

For those who found the treble harsh, I wonder if the resonance chamber wasn't quite working on those sets? Because, it was a well-extended and fatigue free treble for me.

Hey Kunlun, how would you size up the IE-800, against the Noble K-10? I own the IE-800, and have a K-10, on order. Thanks Bud.
Read your review.

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #1,854 of 7,998
Hey Kunlun, how would you size up the IE-800, against the Noble K-10? I own the IE-800, and have a K-10, on order. Thanks Bud.
Read your review.

Hi there! Well, I'd say the treble was a definite difference. While I enjoyed the IE800 a lot, the Noble treble was fuller sounding for me with my source (apex glacier backing a 5.5gen ipod). The ie800's dry, very clear mids are very nice, while the K10 has a warmer, richer midrange which is still very well detailed. The ie800 has nice sub-bass while the K10's bass is nicely balanced between the mid and sub bass. Overall, they have different sound signatures, with the K10 being warmer and thicker of note without losing clarity. I think you'll be very happy with the Kaiser, but there's room for the ie800 if it was a favorite. After you have the K10 for a while, let us know how you find them!

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #1,855 of 7,998
I also really enjoyed the IE800's bass.

I'm thinking of buying them again. The treble was a little thin, but otherwise the detailed mids and sub-bass were great.

For those who found the treble harsh, I wonder if the resonance chamber wasn't quite working on those sets? Because, it was a well-extended and fatigue free treble for me.

I kind of thought treble was a bit (not much, just a bit) harsh at first, but after 10 hours burn-in it went away and they sound amazing now. Such amazing sound. Mids and bass are legendary.

Apr 26, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,856 of 7,998
Guys I have one question don´t you know, if some newer version of these headphones is comming in near future? I am considering buying a new headphones and these headphones are my hot candidate and it would be very unpleasant if I bought pair of 999 dollar headphones now and after short while they introduced newer better version.

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #1,857 of 7,998
  Guys I have one question don´t you know, if some newer version of these headphones is comming in near future? I am considering buying a new headphones and these headphones are my hot candidate and it would be very unpleasant if I bought pair of 999 dollar headphones now and after short while they introduced newer better version.

I don't think so, at least not for another 2 years. IE800 are so amazingly engineered that it'll be really hard to make something so small yet so great sounding, even for Germans. I'm still amazed by the sound quality every time I listen to them. They're just awesome.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #1,858 of 7,998
ok then I read some reviews IE 800 vs Shure 846 but my favorite are IE800 because of size, but it seems that shure have better sound and better solution of cables, but i think they are just too big/ bulky for me, but I don´t have the opportunity to try them, which is unfortunate.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #1,859 of 7,998
  ok then I read some reviews IE 800 vs Shure 846 but my favorite are IE800 because of size, but it seems that shure have better sound and better solution of cables, but i think they are just too big/ bulky for me, but I don´t have the opportunity to try them, which is unfortunate.

I think IE800 is better.It is my idea.I sold my 846 to my friend.And he says IE800 better.But,he loves Shure,that's the reason why he didn't buy IE800.

Maybe 846's mids are better.Because 846 has amazing mids.Shure's best hit is mid.

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #1,860 of 7,998
I like IE800's sound signature more. Shure is good but IE800 is better, I think. Plus, they don't look like hearing aid unlike Shure, they look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back