Sennheiser IE8
Jun 14, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
My point was it can be blast loud, so if you accidentally blast it, you don't have to worry that anything bad will happen to it. I was quite surprised how much power it can soak up.

By the way, Cravenz, are you by any chance a scholar? I know quite a lot of Singaporeans here, and tonnes of them are scholars.

lol. here as in Pittsburgh or Head-fi? :)

Nah ain't a scholar my friend lol; though I still am a student unfortunately.

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #17 of 22
Not in head-fi, but I do know a Sg student here (as in Pittsburgh) who is also into head fi. Most of them study very hard, spend all their time programming, seldom have time to meddle in hi fi. After all, this is a costly hobby. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
Not in head-fi, but I do know a Sg student here (as in Pittsburgh) who is also into head fi. Most of them study very hard, spend all their time programming, seldom have time to meddle in hi fi. After all, this is a costly hobby. 
biggrin.gif

heh. yeah, unfortunately, I'm one of those Singaporeans who is pretty laid back, but lately I've gotten down to studying hard. haha...

and there I thought it might have been something astute I said that led you to the theory that I might be a scholar! ha!

which part of Malaysia are you from?

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #19 of 22
I noticed Singapore is in your location, so I asked you about it. It's always good to know people who came from the same part of the world. I was from Muar, Johor, but I have not gone back for a long long time. 

What made you buy IE8 in the first place? the sound sig should be quite different from the akg702 you have, I assume?

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #20 of 22
I use my IE8s when I travel so I like music that keeps me on the move, i.e. involving beats and mainstream music, but when I'm home, it doesn't necessarily have to be that; though I still listen to it.

with the k702 it's a different perspective, and I can listen to chillout music so it kinda compliments each other.

At the end of the day, the IE8s for me were based on informed research upon reading the forums and deciding what would be best; I like the fact that I can tune the bass to what I require and the detachable cord which is very very useful in the case that the cable dies on me. I haven't experienced many other top tier universal IEMs, but I'm happy with what I have and I'm enjoying the music a whole lot. I've tried the JH's and honestly, I'll go down that line when I have a bit more to spare, but when I tested it out, I found it a tad too revealing and on the move, music quality is not the biggest thing; would love to own it, but I don't have the finances nor do I require it at this point.

that being said, the IE8s are short on SQ either. to answer your question on the IE8s, well, I got them when they were still 390 AUD here before they shot up above 550 AUD so they were cheaper than all the alternatives e.g. Westone 3s, etc. I was never a big fan of Logitech, so UE was never much of an option. MTCs didn't get much time on the boards here at the time I was looking into phones.

I'm a casual listener, but I love my music and as long as I'm happy, I don't see the need to spend another few hundred to 'test' another pair of phones.

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
Love them but I have a few questions.

Is it normal that they have small cosmetic in-perfections (tiny micro marks etc)? Do you notice anything on your pair? Do you see marks on your 3.5mm plug?

Is it okay if I start listening to them on my laptop before my main source (iPhone)? Will this effect the SQ of them permanently?

Mine are brand new and bought from an authorized store but I'm paranoid that they are used for some reason. Everything looked tidy and well placed in the packaging when I opened them. How would I tell the difference? They looked relatively clean?

I'd really appreciate if I get some feedback to put this to ease for me!

I really appreciate your help guys!

Hi BNHabs

I too was worried about the authenticity of my IE8's.

I sent Senhheiser an email with my serial number and the dealer I purchased them from.

They replied to me and confirmed the dealer was authorized and they told me that the serial number was on there database as having been sold to the dealer who I got them from.

Maybe you could try emailing them and see what they say. It put my mind at ease.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back