Sennheiser IE8 Storage
Apr 22, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 21
I would purchase a small container to keep the IEMs and items in... I bought a zip up camera pouch which i keep mine in. The box supplied is pretty much useless.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #3 of 21
I don't know what the IE8 case but if it doesn't fit buy a case for it if possible. It could be something as simple as an altoids can (which I use for my iem's) or a pelican case or whatever.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 21
I'm not sure how big the IE8 case is but you might be fine ordering something like this to hold them. At $3, I say it's worth a shot.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #5 of 21
Dude. The IE8 case sucks. Its going to snip the cord any second. They're spendy but I love the ultimate ears metal case. I posted an ad in the wanted section and bought won for $14 (shipped) because I like it so much. You may be able to pick up one for less or you can buy it from the company Ultimate Ears metallic crush-proof case The inside has a little padding, its super sturdy and enough room to not wind the cord too tight. I'd put the little silicone pouch that came w/ the IE8 too to keep them nice and dry.

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame21x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure how big the IE8 case is but you might be fine ordering something like this to hold them. At $3, I say it's worth a shot.

I am using something similar to store my IE8. The case comes with IE8 is more for aesthetic purpose
normal_smile .gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 21
I use the stock case for long-term storage when I'm not wearing them. When they're active, they go in my good-ol' drugstore plastic soapbox. $1.50, tops.

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude. The IE8 case sucks. Its going to snip the cord any second. They're spendy but I love the ultimate ears metal case. I posted an ad in the wanted section and bought won for $14 (shipped) because I like it so much. You may be able to pick up one for less or you can buy it from the company Ultimate Ears metallic crush-proof case The inside has a little padding, its super sturdy and enough room to not wind the cord too tight. I'd put the little silicone pouch that came w/ the IE8 too to keep them nice and dry.

I'm with imackler. The IE8 case is really troublesome to use. I highly recommend that UE case, it's nice looking, very solid, and isn't too big.

Alternatively, you can pull out the foam inside the IE8 case and put it there. Maybe fit some lining in there. I'm considering doing that as I like the way the IE8 case looks and feels.

Apr 23, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by earthpeople /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Alternatively, you can pull out the foam inside the IE8 case and put it there. Maybe fit some lining in there. I'm considering doing that as I like the way the IE8 case looks and feels.

The aboth sugestion is what i did some months ago, works well and you can fit most of the bits you need in then
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #14 of 21

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by imackler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm with imackler. The IE8 case is really troublesome to use. I highly recommend that UE case, it's nice looking, very solid, and isn't too big.

I think it's same as IE7 and I have the same problem. This case is not useful at all. I was scratching my head where to fit those earhooks inside the case. I ended up stashing them away back in the box they came in. I'm wearing IE7 without them. And, by the way, those earhooks suck so bad. I wasn't expecting low quality piece of junk from >$200 IEM - crinkled and a bit twisted.

May 13, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #15 of 21
Hmm... i have owned the 8's for a year now, and i have never used any case so far. The only place is belongs is my pocket. And the box along with it is useless, u can use it for resale value later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back