Comfortable
Awesome bass and overall sound
Solid, won't break

IE8 cons:
Cord tangles itself constantly
Poor sound isolation

I kept my IE8 and sold my TF10.

Jun 28, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #17 of 28
the cable on the Triple fi is way too stiff, and i found that at some times it actually tangled more and would pull the earphone out of my ear due to its stiffness, the cable on the IE8 is MUCH better, the triple.fi cable is one of the worst out there,

Jan 3, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #18 of 28
The TF10 will give most user fit problem because of how big and ugly they look. The ie8 on the other hand is slick and an earphone that u can actually sleep with. As for the sound, if you like flat and detail in your music, go for the TF10, otherwise the headphone like soundstage and lushy warm mid of the ie8. I personally won't wear the TF10 to a public setting mainly because of how ugly and dumb it will make you look imo. Why can't UE make their earphone slicker like the SE530s and still have the same number of drivers. Come on UE, no one likes to have frankenstein screws sticking other their ears. As for the price, TF10 goes as low as $99 in some special sale and around $150 at ebay compare to $250 plus for the IE8. 

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #19 of 28
I love both for different reasons. The IE8s are just so enveloping. They are lush, warm and dark with an awesome soundstage. All the details are there but the bass is thick. They are also super comfortable and come with a two year warranty, when bought from an authorized dealer. The triple.fi are kind of intoxicating with their V-shaped frequency. Lots of sparkle in the treble and slam in the bass.I don't think you can go wrong, except for the comfort issue. I can wear the IE8's without ever finding them uncomfortable.

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #20 of 28
I personally don't have the IE8's though if some people mention the IE7's mids are more forward than the IE8's I'd choose the TF10s over the IE8s in a heartbeat

Reason is that for very fast songs such as screamo, heavy metal etc, the IE7 falls back and the vocals get shadowed by the instruments, where as on my SF 5 pros the vocals are much more forward.

I've come to the conclusion that the IE7 is much better than the SF's for jack johnson, jamiroquai, R&B, pop such as michael jackson, but bands like underoath, avenged sevenfold, trivium, devil driver, parkway drive, sound like 1000x better on the sf 5 pros, I can only speak on behalf of my sf 5 pros and ie7s though if people are saying the tf10s are superior to the 5's i can only imagine them to be much better:)

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #21 of 28

Quote:
The TF10 will give most user fit problem because of how big and ugly they look. The ie8 on the other hand is slick and an earphone that u can actually sleep with. As for the sound, if you like flat and detail in your music, go for the TF10, otherwise the headphone like soundstage and lushy warm mid of the ie8. I personally won't wear the TF10 to a public setting mainly because of how ugly and dumb it will make you look imo. Why can't UE make their earphone slicker like the SE530s and still have the same number of drivers. Come on UE, no one likes to have frankenstein screws sticking other their ears. As for the price, TF10 goes as low as $99 in some special sale and around $150 at ebay compare to $250 plus for the IE8. 

LOL, yeah I've had so many looks wearing the SF 5pros but eh I honestly couldn't give a crap, they just jealous that I got dual drivers and they got iPooBuds

Jan 3, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #22 of 28
Matto, what you said about the IE7 describes the triple.fi 10's weakness for me: "the vocals get overshadowed by the instruments". Classic V shaped frequency curve with the mids a little recessed. Not an issue with the IE8. The mids are quite lush on the IE8 and lots of good trbele detail, just all wrapped up in a warm bass blanket. But what is so impressive to me about the IE8 is the really wide soundstage!

Jan 5, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #23 of 28

Quote:
Matto, what you said about the IE7 describes the triple.fi 10's weakness for me: "the vocals get overshadowed by the instruments". Classic V shaped frequency curve with the mids a little recessed. Not an issue with the IE8. The mids are quite lush on the IE8 and lots of good trbele detail, just all wrapped up in a warm bass blanket. But what is so impressive to me about the IE8 is the really wide soundstage!

Ah yes I may be wrong then, I think it could be the speed? as in the IE7 can't keep up with heavy metal songs?, ahh imackler you're making me want to get the ie8s! gosh if only Australia had places where I could try high-end audio instead of having to base my decision on what people say on here :frowning2:

Oh i guess it could also maybe be the placement/fit? I reverse the SF's so i can get a proper fit, I've found that my left ear is a little off and hence for lets say the mdr's it's hard to place it in my left ear. This may be due to something stupid I did when I was 4 ^^ shoved a tic tac  all the way down my left ear and required surgery LOL

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #24 of 28
I actually liked rock/metal more on IE8's then TF10s, on TF10s, mids were too recessed on some songs and the bass guitars on IE8s are phenomenal. Only area TF10s did better were more sparkly highs. 

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #25 of 28
Ive got ie8's and triple.fi's, i prefer the triple.fi's. I you crank the volume up on triple.fi's they start to sing. Bass on triple.fi's is quality and punchy if you can get a good seal the bass on ie8's make my ears hurt after a while.

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #26 of 28
The IE8 really is lush and warm sounding, whilst the Triple is in my opinion more pristine and clear sound (due to slightly recessed mids). In terms of sound it really depends on your own music and sound preferences: go with the IE8s if you are a fan of mids and bass, go with the Triples if you like high end details with the bass to back it up.  

Fit wise the IE8s win hands down. 

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #27 of 28
You just can't beat the TF10's price these days. I was finally able to buy them recently for a price of $145 which equals to about $120 if converted to Japanese yen. It's pretty close to the Amazon sale price.

As for build quality, I think the IE8's, Shures, and Westones are  better quality than the UE's. The UE's earpiece gets too uncomfortable in my ears after a while. (But I do love the blue color on it though.)

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #28 of 28
I prefer the Triple Fi 10 because of my preference in sound signature to the IE8, because I like extension at both ends, and sparkly treble.  I also love the airy wide soundstage of the TF.  For as wide as it is though the IE8 is even wider.  I find the bass of the TF10 with the stock cable to be just ever so slightly flabby, which I find is tighter and more balanced with my Enyo cable.  The cable also brings the mids forward to make the sound more balanced.  The IE8 is very thick, very engaging, and if you listen closely it is very detailed.  I find the stock TF10 bass at times to be too much so, you can imagine how I feel about the IE8 bass.  I think I would also like the V shaped W3,  but at the price point I don't really care to give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back