Sennheiser IE8 losing sound in right channel
Apr 25, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #18 of 25
I had these in my pocket all yesterday (easter) and when I went to use them again the right channel had no audible highs and underwater muffled mids.  I dont know if this is the cable or right channel? :frowning2:  The left channel is way louder and clearer :S

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #19 of 25

Quote:
I had these in my pocket all yesterday (easter) and when I went to use them again the right channel had no audible highs and underwater muffled mids.  I dont know if this is the cable or right channel? :frowning2:  The left channel is way louder and clearer :S

Below is the cable for replacement I will buy, if the problem is still not fixed I will let you know.  And call sennheiser.  I'll let you know if the sound quality is better as well.  Looks like a very nicely built cable and should increase the sound quality to some extent.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Upgrade-Cable-Supreme-Elegance-UE-Shure-IE8-Senn-/220744996506?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item33656d569a

Apr 25, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #21 of 25

Quote:
Have you tried swapping the cables to the left and right earpieces? Are you sure the grill on the earpiece is not blocked?

I just confirmed its the earphone itself =/.  I cannot believe this happened.  I have such bad luck with electronics.  No blockage on the earphone and swapped cables with same effect. 

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #22 of 25
If it is the earphone I would not discount grill blockage even if it looks OK. I have heard that hydrogen-peroxide is very effective in dissolving ear wax. Pour some hydrogen-peroxide in a small bowl and suspend the earpiece so only the grill is immersed. Shake it around a little. (Perhaps even play music while immersed to increase agitation.)  Rinse the same way with distilled water and see what happens.

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #24 of 25

Quote:
Sorry don't meant to hate, good reason why I didn't choose Sennheiser but went with Shure's SE535

sorry to inform you but balanced armatures are a sight more sensitive than dynamic drivers so i wouldnt go knocking them about too much they could well go out of balance and you would have a hard time knowing. i love shure dearly believe me but theres no denying you can treat dynamic drivers like earphones whereas you have to treat balanced armature phones like babies. if you take time to inspect earphones closer ask yourself why high end armature phones have the armatures encased usually in some sort of protective foam etc etc, there is very good reason.

to the OP.... have you looked at any of the disassembly pictures of the IE8's knocking about? theres a couple of them that may assist you in taking the phones apart it really does not look too difficult, could well be that a wire has come loose or has a bad connection, if this is the case it would be easily detectable once open. however this is a last resort, if sennheiser are going to say they cant do nothing and you are forced to buy new ones may be worth a little DIY before finding the trash. you will see on the IE8 there is a patch of darker plastic on the phones, beneath this is a screw that holds the two parts of the casing together, thats the key :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back