Sennheiser ie7 or Fischer Audio DBA-02......any comparison?
Dec 5, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 9
No comparison. The DBA is on another level. Other than overall soundstage size, the DBA is technically better in most every aspect. It is also more enjoyable, IMO.

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #5 of 9
Both balanced and toward the neutral side. The IE7 has more bass and the DBA more treble and sparkle. I wouldn't say the IE7 has that much more bass that tips or some EQ couldn't get the DBA close. You'll never get the detail or resolution out of the IE7 that the DBA has. But you can get some more punch out of the DBA. I heard both as slightly mid forward though the DBA offers much better mids. So, IE7 slanted some toward bass while the DBA toward the treble but the IE7 is not good enough for someone to say they prefer the IE7. I would want neither phone if the DBA was the wrong signature and the IE7 regardless of signature falls short of being a high level phone.

Something more like the IE7 but better would be the Klipsch Custom-3. Those and the DBA would be a better comparison as the Custom-3 can hold it's own better than the IE7 can.

Dec 5, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 9
I listen to Acoustic, Rap, Folk, Alternative Rock, Jazz, Soul....

I thought about the Klipsch Custom 3, but the cable holds me back.

How are the vocals on the DBA?

Dec 5, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #7 of 9
I'll reply here but not the post you mentioned in my IE7 review thread but jant71 summed it up pretty well

The DBA-02 has better isolation, detail retrieval, speed, resolution and is on a different level than the IE7. The IE7 has a boost in the mid bass by a bit and has more bass impact but DBA-02 is easily the superior earphone. As for vocals I find DBA-02 to have good vocals but not the best that I've heard but the best I've heard in a universal is double the price of the DBA-02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back