Sennheiser IE7 Fake or Real
May 17, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #16 of 30
I brought the earphone from a different seller, he too has the exact same descrption. Look at his feedback he had sold 4 ie 7 and many Bose qc 2 and most of his sold items are gps. He offer squaretrade on the ie 7 he sold me. Since ie7 is so cheap on newegg on, I wouldn't take my chances until the price goes back up.

May 18, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #17 of 30
hmmmmm that seller is now selling cx6 and ie8 without box. I found some Chinese seller sells ie7 for $13 each. Lmao

Aug 14, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #18 of 30
Sennheiser IE7 Noise Isolation Earphone Headphones IE 7 - eBay (item 230366848776 end time Sep-11-09 13:39:28 PDT)
They're 159 shipped, and they have over 90k feedback.
IE7.jpg
Would you say they're legit? I'm tempted...

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #19 of 30
I bought my IE8s from them and they were the real deal. They were pretty much new, they had never even been unwound from the cord winder holder thingamigigy. The package had been opened but everything was in great shape. Don't forget Bing Cashback, if you don't use it already, sign up. You will get another $15 off. Given the amount of openbox/display Sennheiser stuff they sell, I wonder if these are all really customer returns from a big retailer. Only catch is no warranty aside from the 90 days the seller gives you. You will get an offer for a SquareTrade warranty but for me it was not worth it.

Aug 14, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought my IE8s from them and they were the real deal. They were pretty much new, they had never even been unwound from the cord winder holder thingamigigy. The package had been opened but everything was in great shape. Don't forget Bing Cashback, if you don't use it already, sign up. You will get another $15 off. Given the amount of openbox/display Sennheiser stuff they sell, I wonder if these are all really customer returns from a big retailer. Only catch is no warranty aside from the 90 days the seller gives you. You will get an offer for a SquareTrade warranty but for me it was not worth it.

Should I get these IE7's for 160+bing, or go to J+R and pay 190+tax and get the warranty...?

Aug 15, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #21 of 30
That IE7 in retail packaging should be real.

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #24 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ST wanted $31.99 for 1 year on my IE8s. I passed. That would have brought them almost to the going price from one of the Forum Sponsors.

If J&R has them for 190, I would go that route. I think you can get an additional 5% back from J&R though Bing cashback.

Here's the problem:190 retail, 300 online....
and I have 120 in total funds at this time, but I got refunded for a tube amp, so I have like...35 in the paypal, and 85 in paypal balance.

May 6, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #28 of 30
Aug 2, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #30 of 30
I bought a fake pair of IE7's from a seller on ebay for about $60 once from someone who thought they were a real brand new pair, not one of these shady sellers who lists 30+ pairs.
What gave mine away upon visual inspection were:  
Cable - if you can see in the picture that the cable is thinner, it is fake.  The cable on the one's I received was very thin and kink-prone. I could crease it and after straightening it.
No accessories. - no clip, earhooks, case, or cleaning tool.  Wrong tips.
Plug and Y-splitter were opaque, not semi-transparent.

The sound however, was equivalent to those of a $30 dynamic earphone that you could pick up at you local electronics store.  If they were not $60 + shipping I would have kept them for the comfort of the IE7 housing =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back